Todd Gurley - What Do You Think His Numbers Will Be This Season?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

this is purely for fantasy football purposes. i'm having a ppr draft coming up and thinking of taking him in the 5th. just want to see what everyone thinks his realistic numbers are. not what we hope they will be.

thanks in advance.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Good luck getting him that late. Every draft I've done he's gone no later then the third. I bet he starts against the Steelers week 3. I think he will go off for 1300 and 10 touchdowns. But I'm a Rams fan.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
I grabbed him late in my big cash-pot league. I'm hoping he'll be good later this season, but it's tough in fantasy to risk too much on a player who won't play for 3-4 weeks.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Not great. And not because he isn't talented, but because he's going to get a very late start, IMO. As of last week, he had participated in exactly zero contact drills and zero pass protection drills. And if history is any indicator, he's not going to play much until he gets the pass pro part of it repped down.

So I see him getting some spot duty once he actually does get some snaps, and then most of it will be in obvious running plays, where we're using slide protection, or where he just chips and peels off into the flat. I still really don't see him truly starting until week 7.

That timetable might get accelerated if Mason's injury lingers, but that would be a mistake, and I think Fisher is going to be overly cautious with him anyway, so it's not an option for him either.

lockdnram21

Legend
It depends on this line and when he starts. But I would say if he starts week 3 800-1000 yds 6-10 touchdowns

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I drafted him around the 5th round on one of my fantasy teams, But I made DAMN sure I drafted Mason a couple of rounds later so I got the backfield locked up one way or another. If hes playing by week 3 or 4 and getting the majority of the snaps I think he will put up 1000+ yards and at least 10 TDs

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
My feeling is he starts seeing the field at home against Pittsburgh too. If thats the case, I see him averaging 70yds a game (980 for the season) and finding the endzone about 7 times. Slow start those first 3 games and ready to go full bore after the bye.

nighttrain

Legend
Not great. And not because he isn't talented, but because he's going to get a very late start, IMO. As of last week, he had participated in exactly zero contact drills and zero pass protection drills. And if history is any indicator, he's not going to play much until he gets the pass pro part of it repped down.

So I see him getting some spot duty once he actually does get some snaps, and then most of it will be in obvious running plays, where we're using slide protection, or where he just chips and peels off into the flat. I still really don't see him truly starting until week 7.

That timetable might get accelerated if Mason's injury lingers, but that would be a mistake, and I think Fisher is going to be overly cautious with him anyway, so it's not an option for him either.

I completely agree with being cautious and with Gurley, I believe it would be foolish to think otherwise. To much to lose from an awkward hit at this stage with Gurley. Love to see him earlier, just don't think it would be in teams best interest.
train

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
New to fantasy too....And the way you shock a system, you do something outta the ordinary...I'd grab Gurley early (Mason's hurt) and roll with him...Back him up with a solid number 2 RB(Yeldon, L. Murray) again, a team in a weak defensive conference, with a young QB that will likely run near the goal line...It's fantasy right? See how that works....Oh, I see Gurley getting 1500 with 13 TD's....

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
New to fantasy too....And the way you shock a system, you do something outta the ordinary...I'd grab Gurley early (Mason's hurt) and roll with him...Back him up with a solid number 2 RB(Yeldon, L. Murray) again, a team in a weak defensive conference, with a young QB that will likely run near the goal line...It's fantasy right? See how that works....Oh, I see Gurley getting 1500 with 13 TD's....
Murray is going before Gurley. You might be able to land Yeldon but Doug Martin is a good mid round pick up to fill that roll until Gurley is in play. But Martin's stock is on the rise as well. Tevin Coleman with ATL is another rookie that will be starting within a few weeks as well.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I like the way your thinking, but I'd put him, realistically, at about 1000 Yds. and 10 TD's! because of a slow start!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

this is purely for fantasy football purposes. i'm having a ppr draft coming up and thinking of taking him in the 5th. just want to see what everyone thinks his realistic numbers are. not what we hope they will be.

thanks in advance.

Just take him.

I had Jeremy Hill taken late last year. Sure as hell payed dividends later when Zac Stacy got bench and Arian Foster got hurt.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I like the way your thinking, but I'd put him, realistically, at about 1000 Yds. and 10 TD's! because of a slow start!
Oh, that's why your numbers are off, you forgot to add the 200 he's gonna put on the Seahawks, and the 150 on the Skins, and the 200+ on the Steelers.....Stop being so conservative Dave! (y);):shades:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Former Baltimore GM Phil Savage talking about Gurley at this link. He thinks the Rams are doing things right, and that if the Rams can just get to .500 in the first half of the season, it may be a blessing in disguise to get Gurley for the second half. Because while all the other teams will have been playing ball since September, Gurley will have fresh legs for their second half run and it could pay off huge.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
I'm willing to bet people will drop him after week 2 or try to trade him after the first bout of injuries hit or frustration of having him sitting on the bench kicks in. Hate to say it, but traditionally Rams players have not been very reliable in fantasy. Mason and Stacy helped me out a bit the past 2 years, but I picked them both up off waivers mid season. I've learned to draft with my brain and not so much my heart after being burned so many times before.

... Says the guy who drafted Rams Defense in round 8. Good luck, bro.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would not take any Ram RB this year. Our o line is just too unpredictable. The load should be spread, and rightfully so. The running game is the only hope for our offense to come out and win games. Start someone fresh every fourth quarter and pound those tired linebackers.......if they get that far.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good luck getting him that late. Every draft I've done he's gone no later then the third. I bet he starts against the Steelers week 3. I think he will go off for 1300 and 10 touchdowns. But I'm a Rams fan.

are you drafting with other rams fans?