Todd Gurley trade for David Johnson?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
I think it's too early to tell.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL:

No...it's not.

The denial is strong. Calling Gurley the best back in the division is like calling the sky blue.

But so what? That doesn't mean the Rams will win the division or do anything special.

It's just a fact.

Cardncub

Rookie
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL:

No...it's not.

The denial is strong. Calling Gurley the best back in the division is like calling the sky blue.

But so what? That doesn't mean the Rams will win the division or do anything special.

It's just a fact.

I think we will find out soon enough. Good luck on the upcoming season.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
This thread: TL;DR

I'm aiming to get both these RBs on my fantasy team.

nanotech

Rookie
So my son is a Cardinals fan (it started when Kurt Warner played there) and today I asked him if he would trade straight across Todd Gurley for David Johnson. He thought about it for a bit and said no. He thinks David Johnson is better than Gurley in the system that Arizona runs, namely, a lot of screen passes to the RBs.

Now my son, 19 years old is normally pretty darn intelligent (except regarding this hypothetical trade). I told him he's crazy, that Gurley is a LOT better than Johnson. Still, he said he wouldn't do that trade if it was his decision.

So, I'm asking all of you, what "stats" or "common sense" reasoning would you tell my son to help him understand the obvious, that Gurley is insanely talented and it would be a steal if AZ had the opportunity to trade Johnson for Gurley straight across? What words would you use to make him understand the error of his ways, haha!

Talk to me 5 years from now.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
This thread: TL;DR

I'm aiming to get both these RBs on my fantasy team.

Well, I would like to join your league because that should not be possible with the exception of a keeper.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Well, I would like to join your league because that should not be possible with the exception of a keeper.

I'm not the commish, but if you are really interested I can ask my friend to let you join. Most of the time people in his league people stop caring. We usually do our draft the 1st weekend after the preseason.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Still hell no.

Johnson gets massive running lane due to teams respecting Arizona's passing game.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
fwiw, in such a "high powered" offense, Johnson has only had 2 games of 100+ yard rushing, both vs a chip kelly coached team. So its not like hes dominating the game as a runner, and while its his receiving skills that makes him so valuable, Gurley isnt used much in the passing game so its really not a fair comparison. Atm, I can understand ppl thinking Johnson is better, especially with the years they are each having, but long term Im confident Gurley will be the better back

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
What would be a better trade would be to trade Gurley for the awesome hat Bruce Arians sports.... talk about secsy

PHOENIX__Bruce_And_His_Kangol_Hat_2638780000_13952161_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Still hell no.

Johnson gets massive running lane due to teams respecting Arizona's passing game.
Which Johnson is a pretty big part of. Right now there is no way AZ trades Johnson for Gurley straight up. I wouldn't either. Johnson has been and still is the more productive back. Period.

Ellard80

Legend
It's way early to know... Gurley was offensive rookie of the year... not Johnson.

At this very moment... yeah Johnson looks better for sure.

But if we are going to be realistic... we really don't know.

I don't think either team would trade... unless they have information we don't that they haven't divulged.