Todd Gurley named October’s top offensive rookie

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/29/todd-gurley-named-octobers-top-offensive-rookie/

Todd Gurley named October’s top offensive rookie
Posted by Josh Alper on October 29, 2015

494235038-e1446126349179.jpg
Getty Images

When the Rams took Todd Gurley in the first round of the draft this year, he became the first player at the position to go in the first round since 2012.

Gurley has snapped another drought for running backs. The NFL named Gurley the league’s top offensive rookie for October, marking the first time that a running back has taken monthly honors since Eddie Lacy in 2013.

Gurley sat out the first two games of the season to make sure all was well after rehabbing a torn ACL and made his debut with nine yards on six carries in the third week of the season. That was not a sign of things to come as Gurley took off when the calendar flipped to October. He had 68 carries, 433 yards and two touchdowns in three games for the Rams this month, which leaves him 12th in the league in rushing and tied with Lamar Miller for second in yards per attempt.

The Rams won two of their three games in October, leaving them with a 3-3 record as they prepare to kick off November with a home game against the 49ers. It’s safe to assume that Gurley will get plenty of work in that game and in the nine to follow for a Rams team that already counts him as their primary offensive weapon.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
In Oct. it was 2 out of 3 games Won w/ Gurrrrley. In Nov. it will be 4 out of 4 Games Won w/ Gurrrrley!! BET ON IT!!!:D
Gurley should have been Offensive Play of the Month, Not just Offensive Rookie of the Month!!(y)

jap

Legend
Was there ever any doubt? I wouldn't have been surprised if he won Offensive Player of the Month too.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Leading all RB's in yards/gm (110.5)
He's currently 12th in rushing yards(with only 3 starts), but he's climbing very quickly. Le'Veon Bell and Chris Ivory are the only two backs i could see stopping him from being the leading rusher this season.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What a tremendous start for this young man... I figured it would take longer.

I hope he stays healthy and can maintain this torrid pace!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
What a tremendous start for this young man... I figured it would take longer.

I hope he stays healthy and can maintain this torrid pace!
Yah. you and @-X- both thought he'd start later! He was guessing week #7 If I remember correctly! I'm glad you were both wrong! as I'm sure everyone else is!!(y):D

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yah. you and @-X- both thought he'd start later! He was guessing week #7 If I remember correctly! I'm glad you were both wrong! as I'm sure everyone else is!!(y):D
Yeah, I figured after the bye because that's how Fisher's handled all rookie RBs since he got here. But since he came back early, even after having rehabbed an ACL injury, I guess we can all assume that Todd is kinda special. These past few weeks pretty much affirms that.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
As far as rookie of the year the only guy that I could see challenging Gurley is Amari Cooper. Gurley is something else but Cooper is having a tremendous rookie year as well. Cooper, if healthy, is on pace to out perform Jones and Green. We could see some offensive rookie records broken this year.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It's obvious he's got superstar potential. I don't care how many games he's played. It's an eye test thing and he has it.

All he needs to do is stay healthy.

Rare talent.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
TG30 is going to be the rookie of the year. I didn't think he would be this healthy this early, but he proved me way wrong.

jap

Legend
TG30 is going to be the rookie of the year. I didn't think he would be this healthy this early, but he proved me way wrong.

Depending on how well the Horns do, he may end up collecting Offensive Player of the Year or MVP honors as well. He is unquestionably the lifeblood of our franchise just like Marshall was the special ingredient that made the GSOT hum.