Todd Gurley is still going to lead the league in rushing

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
You heard it here first. Todd Gurley will end the season leading the NFL in rushing yards. I have a feeling the running game will pick up substantially after the bye week and Gurley will go on a tear. Zek Elliott will run out of gas eventually. Todd did last year.

You'll see! You'll all see!

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I hope you're right man. I bet my brother he'd pass 1000 yards this season and as of right now, it's not looking very promising.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
He averaged 3.1/carry VS Buffalo and 4.1 VS Detroit so he's definitely trending up.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Brown being in for Wichmann is a big difference in the run game. He is much better there, and actually was ok last week in pass pro too (which is where Wichmann had him before). So there is a chance we can see some continued upward trend with the OL, which is the key in all this. IF they give Gurley a crease he will dominate, plain and simple. You just cannot get in the groove as a back when you're facing an endless amount of hits from unblocked or poorly blocked defenders.

Trouble right now, either way, is with the defense. Where this team goes overall comes down to the defense and OL in my estimation. Still a chance they can get on a nice run if those things get good production.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the passing game resembles what we saw Sunday? I can certainly see that.

If the passing game goes back to pedestrian status, the defenses will load the box again and he'll struggle.

He can only do so much... the passing game and blocking need to be there for the man to succeed.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I doubt he will. But I'd like to see them use him more in the passing game. If the running lanes aren't there, find a way to get the ball in his hands in space.

RamsCardsJazz

Starter
You heard it here first. Todd Gurley will end the season leading the NFL in rushing yards. I have a feeling the running game will pick up substantially after the bye week and Gurley will go on a tear. Zek Elliott will run out of gas eventually. Todd did last year.

I will have what he ^^ is having. Ha!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I will be happy with top 5 and seeing him back in rhythm. He is off and slowly finding his way back. The first quarter in Detroit was promising but it tailed off quickly from there.

Psycho_X

Legend
I would be willing to accept breaking 1,000 yards still and possibly even 1,200 if he gets on a tear but just to hit 1500 (which is probably a minimum benchmark for being close to leading the NFL at end) he's going to have to average 115 yards a game the rest of the way. That's a tall order.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
You heard it here first. Todd Gurley will end the season leading the NFL in rushing yards.

@Legatron4
Man I hope you're right! I have my doubts though.
But if you're right, what that literally means is we'll be in the playoffs! Nice!

Last edited:

Dan Poplawski

Rookie
Name
Dan Poplawski
No offense but you are f***ing nuts? Don't get me wrong, I'd love it but Gurley isn't even at half of the yds per game that Elliot is and don't forget about McCoy.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
Boras has improved dramatically from week one. Finally getting Case in space, not running on every 1st and 2nd down, more multiple receiver sets. This will help spring Gurley. TGII would have had a HUGE 2nd half last week if the Rams would have stopped the Lions on 4th and the Rams scored at the end of the half.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Mmmmmmmmmaybe.

It's an uphill climb, but anything's possible.
He's 96 yards behind where he was last year (I know he didn't start the first few games last year).
If he gets on a tear and starts running angry, it's certainly possible.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There's plenty of players(even in recent history) that have started off slow and went on a tear towards the end of the season. In 2006, Steven Jackson had 717 yards and 11 total touchdowns in the last 6 games of the season in 2006.

Larry Johnson had 1351 yards rushing in his final 9 games in 2005.

I just think after the bye, he really gets going. JUST TRUST ME DAMMIT.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I don't think he's catching zeke guys , that Dallas o line is dominating and I could run for a 1000 yards behind them. I just hope todd gets is going, he has been very good catching the ball and I don't understand why we never throw him screens , always seems to work against us

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
He can do it

We have a C, G and RT in their second seasons as starters (Brown or Wichman)
Gurley 2nd year
New OC
New Pass Game Co

Whatever GRob is in football experience

Despite not winning the last two, the offense has gotten better since Week 1 and it's pretty new

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Um, no.
Cu.jpg