Todd Gurley and fantasy football

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I'm in a dynasty league and I'm needing a running back badly for all you fantasy experts I'm gonna post my fantasy team and tell me if you would or what u would give up to move to number 1 and get Gurley. I'm picking 7 out of ten teams and the guy at 1 knows I want Gurley so bad I can't stand it and while he's not a rams fan Gurley is his pick if I don't trade up. Here's my team. Also I can only keep 10 of these guys so keep that in mind.

QB Arron Rodgers
RB M Lynch
RB Tre Mason
RB Lagaret Blount
RB Ryan Matthews
WR Calvin Johnson
WR Roddy White
WR Steve Smith (ravens)
WR Martavis Bryant
WR Golden Taint
TE Rob Gronkowski
D Rams

I'm forgetting a couple it's a 16 player team and espn is down but the ones I'm forgetting are getting cut anyways so what do you guys think? Gurley would be a beast on my team for many years but I can probably get a really good rookie rb or wr at 7 so I'm having a hard time with this. It might take Rodgers and something else to get him it sounds like.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Gurley has the potential to be a top 5 NFL running back when and if he is healthy but I wouldn't trade anything ridiculous for him like Aaron Rodgers or Calvin Johnson. Those guys are proven stars and Gurley is still only a rookie coming off an ACL injury. If you are in love with Gurley and think he is worth it, maybe offer the guy two first round picks (this years and next years).

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Gurley has the potential to be a top 5 NFL running back when and if he is healthy but I wouldn't trade anything ridiculous for him like Aaron Rodgers or Calvin Johnson. Those guys are proven stars and Gurley is still only a rookie coming off an ACL injury. If you are in love with Gurley and think he is worth it, maybe offer the guy two first round picks (this years and next years).
I think you are letting your homerism get the better of you on this one. I would just grab Melvin Gordon if you can. I know it hurts watching Rams players go to someone else (I feel the pain every year) but I'm not sure trading Lynch, Johnson, or Rodgers would be worth it. Perhaps Gronk since he is injured alot, but in all honesty you have a pretty BA team if none of those guys are injured.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I think you are letting your homerism get the better of you on this one. I would just grab Melvin Gordon if you can. I know it hurts watching Rams players go to someone else (I feel the pain every year) but I'm not sure trading Lynch, Johnson, or Rodgers would be worth it. Perhaps Gronk since he is injured alot, but in all honesty you have a pretty BA team if none of those guys are injured.

@RamsJunkie

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Due to CJ age I would offer him, your 1st and CJ. Value for CJ will start to decline soon so you can max out his value..JMHO...

iced

i'd consider trading lynch - i doubt he's in seattle next year

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Same... Legacy value for Lynch is questionable whereas for Gurley? Very high. Not many coaches have the stability Fisher has and this system will be numbers for a back that can run and catch like Gurley can.

Also, Lynch is an inside runner and they had to trade away their Pro Bowl Center. Not sure how that affects production, but it wasn't an upgrade.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Gurley most likely won't play until at least a quarter into the season or more (as it should be) and then will be splitting carries. normally i love mixing a little homerism into my fantasy team but not with him this year. next year go for it all the way. BTW I'm scooping up Bradford as my QB late in the draft. I know my friends won't have the balls to take him as a 1st QB so I may let my fantasy team live or die by Bradford.

…..

Legend
I'm worse than Steve Spagnuolo when it comes to trusting rookies. Fantasy football wise....

If you are determined and have decent bench size, I'd try to pick up Tre Mason as well so you have options.

…..

Legend
I see you already have Tre Mason.....

Yes....trade up and get Gurley but not for Aaron Rodgers

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'll be surprised if Gurley gets used much in the first 6-8 games.

That's going to frustrate people, but that's my guess.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I'd stay clear of Gurley, unless you're happy to keep him on the back burner for a while - your team rocks though! I'm with @Jorgeh0605 - Gordon may be better value over the year....

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
As others have said I would not expect huge numbers from him this season (I expect 1 or 2 big games though) between the injury and the fact he is a rookie. I assume if you pick him up it is for long term value (planning on holding him several years). You just have to balance the cost this year and if you can make it up elsewhere while he rides the bench. Assuming you are looking long term others are right with Lynch and CJ...but expect either of those to be a negative this year at least and maybe even next year....

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
^^ This ^^

Just on the basis of who will probably crack the starting lineup sooner, I'd go with Gordon in San Diego over Gurley....for this year, anyway.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'm not a Fantasy Football Champion but I did stay at a... wait, I AM a FF Champion! :)

Nice team.

I don't know enough about your league, rules, or scoring to help much but I will say, NEVER fall in love with a player. If you do, NEVER tell the person you are trading with!

I would certainly trade Lynch and a draft pick like round 3. Gurley, in a Dynasty league, has a ton of potential value.

Why not ask him to make an offer and see where he's at?

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not a Fantasy Football Champion but I did stay at a... wait, I AM a FF Champion! :)

Nice team.

I don't know enough about your league, rules, or scoring to help much but I will say, NEVER fall in love with a player. If you do, NEVER tell the person you are trading with!

I would certainly trade Lynch and a draft pick like round 3. Gurley, in a Dynasty league, has a ton of potential value.

Why not ask him to make an offer and see where he's at?

Dude is one of my best friends and he damn well knows how much I want Gurley without telling him and hes gonna be holding me hostage for the pick. The guy picking two is picking Gordon and he is unwilling to trade his pick for a fair price too. So looks like my best bet is to just sit tight at 7 and take BPA of the WRs or RBs. As much as I love that we drafted Gurley it really screwed my fantasy team! I was banking on Mason being a #1 RB for many years, now the only legit RB I have on my team is Lynch and hes nearing the end of the road. Same for my WRs. My whole team is getting old I gotta get some young talented RBs and WRs. I would have won my 2nd championship last year if it wasn't for the rams D getting me negitive points against the giants:mad: That knocked me out of the playoffs.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who is his QB? Could you swap QBs and picks?

At the end of the day, Rodgers is a top 3 fantasy QB, but anyone from the 2nd tier of fantasy QBs (Matt Ryan, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger) could have a better fantasy season and it wouldn't surprise anyone.

I had Rodgers on my team last year and it's ultimately what prevented me from winning - I spent a 3rd round pick to get him and in doing so handicapped my WRs pretty badly. I realize it's different in a dynasty league, but I'd consider trading Rodgers and securing a nice vet QB and a sleeper or rookie for the future (like Mariota, Bradford, Winston, RG3).

Gordon would be nice but no way you'll get him at 7.

nighttrain

Legend
I'll be surprised if Gurley gets used much in the first 6-8 games.

That's going to frustrate people, but that's my guess.
Gurley is supposed to be it camp with no missed time,. RB easiest position to learn, more about talent.
train
JMO

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Who is his QB? Could you swap QBs and picks?

At the end of the day, Rodgers is a top 3 fantasy QB, but anyone from the 2nd tier of fantasy QBs (Matt Ryan, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger) could have a better fantasy season and it wouldn't surprise anyone.

I had Rodgers on my team last year and it's ultimately what prevented me from winning - I spent a 3rd round pick to get him and in doing so handicapped my WRs pretty badly. I realize it's different in a dynasty league, but I'd consider trading Rodgers and securing a nice vet QB and a sleeper or rookie for the future (like Mariota, Bradford, Winston, RG3).

Gordon would be nice but no way you'll get him at 7.

Hes got 3 QBs. Matt Stafford, Phillip Rivers and Tony Romo. I traded him Stafford last year for Ryan Matthews.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I thought about trading Rodgers for his first pick and Stafford but I really hate to let Rodgers go... Had a lot of good offers through the years that Ive turned down to keep him.