Todd Gurley against the Redskins in September

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
Should the Rams sit Todd Gurley against the Redskins in September and put him in some bubble wrap? If Gurley is healthy he will probably play but I will experience a little extra worry when they play the Skins on September 19th this year.

The coincidental facts:

Sam Bradford’s first ACL injury with the Rams was October 20, 2013. Then on August 23, 2014 (307 days later) he reinjures the same knee.

Jake Long suffers an ACL injury on December 22, 2013 then on October 26, 2014 (308 days later) against the Chiefs Long reinjured the same knee.

Todd Gurley tears his ACL November 15th 2014…………….309 days later on September 20 the Rams will play the Redskins.

Below is a link to an older article discussing the coincidental injures. http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/146937/timing-of-sam-bradford-jake-long-acl-injuries-eerily-similar

Last edited:

Todd59

Rookie
If I were the Rams, I'd keep him out until after the bye week. There's no real rush for him to be on the field, and with the recent luck (or lack thereof) with ACL injuries, they should be really sure before getting him into a game. And even after returning, limited touches, increasing the workload week by week.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, now that you pointed THAT out, sit him!! :eek:

Seriously, too many variables right now to even guess. All I hope is that they don't start him until he's fully healed. I'm sure they will do just that.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Definitely too much free time....

seriously...I thought Gurley got injured due to the time off....

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Todd Gurley tears his ACL November 15th 2014…………….309 days later on September 20 the Rams will play the Redskins.
I hope this^ doesn't happen because "Sept 20th is my 71st Birthday and I don't want any BAD News that day!!

Maybe Gurley can just go in, rush 10 times for '71' yards and sit out the rest of the game!:D

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Hell, I say play him when he's ready, not a moment sooner or later. This is football, can't be scared of shit that may happen.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Yes. Especially at the Redskins on FedEx Field. That field is absolutely dreadful and has ended numerous seasons. I think you're on to something here.

FRO

Legend
I would keep him out the first 4 games minimum. We have two capable running backs in Mason and Cunningham. I am against rushing him back. Makes zero sense to do so. I would rather be far too cautious with him since we don't need him that badly.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...y-expected-to-open-training-camp-on-nfi-list/

Todd Gurley expected to open training camp on NFI list
Posted by Darin Gantt on July 21, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwzlnzy5mmfhmjjhntkxzwy1zwrkndrhngfjmmuzngnh.jpeg
AP

In June, Rams rookie running back Todd Gurleysaid it was “pretty realistic” that he’d be ready to go by training camp.

Considering they spent the 10th pick in the 2015 NFL Draft on him, the Rams don’t seem inclined to rush him.

According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, Gurley is expected to begin training camp on the non-football injury (NFI) list.

That’s not necessarily a surprise. After all, he tore his ACL in November, and the Rams knew that going into the process, so this was likely the plan all along.

They can also activate him from that list as soon as he’s ready or they please, so it’s also not necessarily a sign that his condition is worse or better than anticipated.

Gurley was in some ways a luxury pick for the Rams anyway, as they had a solid group of backs in Tre Mason, Benny Cunningham and Isaiah Pead, so Gurley has plenty of time to get himself well, so they can have a potentially special backfield.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I can't wait watch Gurley run in horns

but I think we'll be fine with Mason with a chip on his shoulder and Cunningham - that why I'm fine with not rushing the kid

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
Doesn't this give the Rams more flexibility, than say putting him on PUP? From what I understand they can activate him at any time, and with PUP, he's out until at least week 5 or 6 correct? If that is the case, my estimation is he may not be ready for game 1 but they don't necessarily want to hold him out until 5 or 6, and you will see him game 2 or 3.

ram007

Starter
Doesn't this give the Rams more flexibility, than say putting him on PUP? From what I understand they can activate him at any time, and with PUP, he's out until at least week 5 or 6 correct? If that is the case, my estimation is he may not be ready for game 1 but they don't necessarily want to hold him out until 5 or 6, and you will see him game 2 or 3.

So where are the reps going to come from for a rookie if he is on NFI?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hell, I say play him when he's ready, not a moment sooner or later. This is football, can't be scared of crap that may happen.
Absolutely. How many days did it take before Adrian Peterson reinjured his ACL? Oh wait, he almost broke ED single season record and didn't reinjure this knee....If he's ready, he should be out there. Period.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If they have him on the NFI list now, they can test him the first day of camp and if he's ready then take him off - but if he does anything and then they decide he's injured aren't they basically limited to putting him on IR?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
As much as I hate to wait; I think it's better to be safe than sorry.

He's got a long career ahead of him with the Rams. 4 to 8 games is peanuts in the big picture.