Today's Rapid Reports

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
S Dahl: 'Everybody's just hungry to win'
S Craig Dahl said the team is eager to put past failures behind it. “Everybody’s just hungry to win,” Dahl said. “We showed some aspects last year. It’s a new season, we’ve got new guys in here building chemistry right now. … We’re going to be the underdog Day One proving our worth in the NFC West and trying to take care of business."
1 hour ago CBSSports.com

S Dahl: Secondary coach Cecil provides insight as a former player
S Craig Dahl on playing for secondary coach Chuck Cecil: “He was definitely a great player in his day. It’s always good to have a coach that played and can teach you things that maybe you haven’t picked up. You learn a lot from him. He’s a great guy with a great attitude.”
1 hour ago CBSSports.com

S Dahl: Fisher has 'a demeanor about him that just radiates'
S Craig Dahl said coach Jeff Fisher carries himself confidently. “The guy’s got a demeanor about him that just radiates and guys just want to follow and are eager to accept what he has to say,” Dahl said.
1 hour ago CBSSports.com

Fisher: Goal is to break NFL's sack record
[hil]DE Robert Quinn said coach Jeff Fisher said the defense's goal is to break the NFL’s sack record of 72[/hil] set by the 1984 Bears. The 1967 Oakland Raiders had 73 sacks but were an AFL team and sacks weren’t an official statistical category. Quinn had five sacks as a rookie last year. Chris Long led the team with 13. The Rams had 39 sacks in 2011.
1 hour ago CBSSports.com

DE Quinn enjoys offseason workouts
DE Robert Quinn is going through offseason workouts for the first time after the lockout canceled them last year. “It’s great,” he said. “I’m picking up the new system, [hil]building chemistry with the new D-linemen and the whole defense in general.[/hil] This season is definitely going to be a fun one.”
1 hour ago CBSSports.com

Bruce, families of draft picks among guests at Rams Park
Former Rams WR Isaac Bruce was in St. Louis for a fundraiser and watched Friday’s practice. A large group of corporate sponsors and the families of the 10 draft picks were also at Rams Park.
1 hour ago CBSSports.com

WR Salas ready for competition from rookies
The use of second- and fourth-round draft pick on WRs wasn’t lost on second-year WR Greg Salas, a fourth-round pick in 2011. “You can't help but see it, I mean, they drafted these guys for a reason," Salas said. "But we're here for a reason. Everybody's just got to play to the best of their abilities and it'll sort itself out. ... It’s going to be tough. It’s great competition out here. Everybody’s a fierce competitor and we want to do the best we can.”
1 hour ago CBSSports.com

WR Salas: Rams 'starting from scratch' with new staff
WR Greg Salas said coach Jeff Fisher is “really changing the culture” at Rams Park. Salas, whose rookie season ended with a broken leg after 27 catches for 264 yards, is anxious to “reprove” himself to the new staff. “We’re starting from scratch again, which can be a good thing,” Salas said.
1 hour ago CBSSports.com

WR Amendola: New offense is 'intricate and efficient'
WR Danny Amendola led the team with 85 receptions in 2010 playing in Pat Shurmur’s West Coast offense. He’s back in a similar offense under OC Brian Schottenheimer and called Schottenheimer’s system "intricate and efficient." "I'm eager to see what [QB Sam Bradford] can do," Amendola said.
1 hour ago CBSSports.com

WR Amendola back in form after elbow injury
WR Danny Amendola , who missed most of 2011 after dislocating his elbow in the season opener, appears to be back in form. He made a leaping one-handed grab on Friday. “I’m feeling good,” said. “I'm just trying to get better every day and go from there.”
1 hour ago CBSSports.com

TE Kendricks finds familiarity with offense
TE Lance Kendricks said OC Brian Schottenheimer’s system has[hil]“a lot of similarities” to the offense Kendricks played in at Wisconsin[/hil]. “There are a lot of the same concepts,” Kendricks said.
1 hour ago CBSSports.com

TE Kendricks thankful to have offseason workouts
TE Lance Kendricks is thankful to have OTAs and minicamps this year, something he missed as a rookie last year. “It’s like night and day being able to get out here early and be with my teammates,” Kendricks said Friday. “We can actually sit in the classroom and learn and then get on the field. That’ll help me a lot this year.”
1 hour ago CBSSports.com

OL Ojinnaka impressed with rookie Watkins
Seven-year veteran OL Quinn Ojinnaka on fifth-round draft choice Rokevious Watkins: “For a rookie, he’s picking up the system pretty good. [hil]He had a couple plays (Friday) where he just humbled whoever was in front of him[/hil]. He’s a real strong, physical guy. I feel like he has a bright future.”
2 hours ago CBSSports.com

Ojinnaka praises O-line coach Boudreau
OL Quinn Ojinnaka on O-line coach Paul Boudreau: “He’s real detail-oriented. He’s about technique. You don’t have to be the strongest guy in the world, but smart enough and have good technique to get guys down. He’s probably the best O-line coach I’ve had since I’ve been in this league.”

OL Ojinnaka: Practices more organized this year
OL Quinn Ojinnaka spent training camp with the Rams last season. He said the biggest difference between the coaching staffs of Steve Spagnuolo and Jeff Fisher is a focus on team unity and practices seem more organized. “We put the helmets away and just have fun,” Ojinnaka said of the start of OTAs. “You see guys on offense hanging out with guys from the defensive side of the ball.”

Ojinnaka hopes to win starting LG job
Quinn Ojinnaka, who got some work at LT on Friday, said he was optimistic during training camp that he would make the Rams’ 53-man roster last season. Instead, he was cut and spent 2011 in Indianapolis. Now back with the Rams, Ojinnaka will compete to win the starting job at LG.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/team/STL

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Hopefully Kendricks is involved more. I know I'm the biggest Kendricks homer, I don't care. He has talent.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Angry Ram said:
Hopefully Kendricks is involved more. I know I'm the biggest Kendricks homer, I don't care. He has talent.
Then you have the wrong sig.

If one thing is going to be universal in all these quotes, it's going to be about having a camp this year. Instead of 4 weeks, they'll get over 4 months to get acclimated in the offense and get the reps in to get comfortable with it. I think he'll be fine. Plus, the Rams just claimed Brody Eldridge off waivers (from the Colts), and he's a pure in-line blocking TE. Which will leave Kendricks to move around and get some mismatches.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Angry Ram said:

I was selling high on Kendricks all year last season, especially after his monster pre-season. It didn't come together for the guy last year, but really who's year did work out? I'm banking on a nice turn around for the guy. Certainly haven't lost any faith in his ability.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Let's not forget that in spite of Kendricks' struggles with drops, he still led all rookie tight ends in receptions, yards, yards-per-average, and first downs, among a few others. The only thing he didn't get were touchdowns, but those will come with more opportunities.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Favorite line:

Seven-year veteran OL Quinn Ojinnaka on fifth-round draft choice Rokevious Watkins: “For a rookie, he’s picking up the system pretty good. He had a couple plays (Friday) where he just humbled whoever was in front of him. He’s a real strong, physical guy. I feel like he has a bright future.”

Im on the Rok bandwagon. Even with Fishers history, or lack there of, starting rookies along the oline early, Ill be disappointed if he isnt our starting LG game 1.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
X said:
Angry Ram said:
Then you have the wrong sig.

If one thing is going to be universal in all these quotes, it's going to be about having a camp this year. Instead of 4 weeks, they'll get over 4 months to get acclimated in the offense and get the reps in to get comfortable with it. I think he'll be fine. Plus, the Rams just claimed Brody Eldridge off waivers (from the Colts), and he's a pure in-line blocking TE. Which will leave Kendricks to move around and get some mismatches.

No I don't...JL is the Cap'n Mericah of this team...see avatar (not the movie).

Warner4Prez said:
Angry Ram said:

I was selling high on Kendricks all year last season, especially after his monster pre-season. It didn't come together for the guy last year, but really who's year did work out? I'm banking on a nice turn around for the guy. Certainly haven't lost any faith in his ability.

Didn't help he was ignored b/c of his struggles, instead of them being fixed and earning more chances. Course I've :beating: to death now.

steferfootball

Starter
Memento said:
Let's not forget that in spite of Kendricks' struggles with drops, he still led all rookie tight ends in receptions, yards, yards-per-average, and first downs, among a few others. The only thing he didn't get were touchdowns, but those will come with more opportunities.
I charted his drops, at one point you could have literally doubled his production had it not been for the drops. In addition to that the drops hurt the amount of playing time he got. He is a prime break out candidate, and is one of the players who most benefits from extra training camp time.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
libertadrocks said:
Favorite line:

Seven-year veteran OL Quinn Ojinnaka on fifth-round draft choice Rokevious Watkins: “For a rookie, he’s picking up the system pretty good. He had a couple plays (Friday) where he just humbled whoever was in front of him. He’s a real strong, physical guy. I feel like he has a bright future.”

Im on the Rok bandwagon. Even with Fishers history, or lack there of, starting rookies along the oline early, Ill be disappointed if he isnt our starting LG game 1.

ROK Just humbling whoever is in front of him. :twisted: