To draft a WR in the 1st round or not?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Should We Draft A WR In The 1st Round

• Yes

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • No

Votes: 31 60.8%
  • I have no idea. I like potatoes

Votes: 8 15.7%

• Total voters

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
What if Bradford doesn't pan out?

Answer: There will be a lot of people happy they can say "I told you so". Luckily, there are few if any of them on this board.
You must have kids.

fearsomefour

Legend
If they could trade down and still draft Louis Nix, not only would he be an immediate impact on the line, he would dynamically change how teams have to face our defense, both in the pass rush and run stopping. One player, three lineman and 3 linebackers.

I think that a free safety like Clinton-Dix would also dynamically help the entire secondary, though I admit that it would take time to have an impact. But I also think they need to draft a corner too, which is why I say if they could trade down and draft for all three needs on defense, this team would be set.

I dont think Nix makes it past Pittsburgh myself, but, I love Nix. He is the number one guy I want the Rams to get. I agree totally about what he could bring to the table. Having to double team him all the time frees up Brockers and the LBs. Having two DTs who can consistantly collapse the pocket along with our good and deep DEs means more RBs/TEs kept out of routes and in to block. He is the guy I want the Rams to get above all else at this point.
Dont know enough of Clinton-Dix to comment. I would like to see that first round go DT (Nix) and either a CB or Olineman. But it is a long way off.
A couple of positions I would not be spending a first rounder; QB, WR, RB, TE, C, DE, LB....thins it out pretty quickly.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I don't consider it an attack. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Rams have made plenty of picks that I didn't like at the time.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
We've got to see if there are 2 legitimate outside starters on this roster. Is it Quick and Givens? Is it Givens and Bailey? Is it Bailey and Quick?

I don't know, but we certainly need at least one 1000 yard+ receiver with another 800 yard+ guy to have a strong offense.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Is there a reason why can't they line up Tavon Austin as a flanker?

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I think we have to think OL and secondary, I'm a little gun-shy on a first round WR at this point. I say lets get some mauler O-Linemen and pound the rock in order to make our passing game better. Not so sure that Sam has the ability to carry a team all by himself, so let's control the ball and let him pick people apart off of play-action. Of course I'm assuming that Stacy continues his roll and stays healthy (please).
On the defensive side we still need a starting safety and another CB, plus a DT, so plenty of needs to fill. Not that I don't like the thought of drafting a Watkins, just don't see how we can get away with it this year.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Trade one of our first round picks for extra picks. More picks = better chance of talent

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The key to find out the rest of this year; what do we have in Quick and Bailey?

This needs to be a priority.

Slappy967

Starter
I have been beating the 1st rd WR drum for years now and was pleasantly surprised when we snagged Austin. That being said I am going to say NO to a 1st round WR unless he is the BPA at the time we pick. I think we have talent in our WR corps that was not there in 2009, 2010, 2011 and I think this year will be a nice chance for us to get reps to all of them especially the Baileys and Quicks.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I have been beating the 1st rd WR drum for years now and was pleasantly surprised when we snagged Austin. That being said I am going to say NO to a 1st round WR unless he is the BPA at the time we pick. I think we have talent in our WR corps that was not there in 2009, 2010, 2011 and I think this year will be a nice chance for us to get reps to all of them especially the Baileys and Quicks.
Zackly gotta just develop the immense potential we currently have

V3

Hall of Fame
Trade one of our first round picks for extra picks. More picks = better chance of talent

How'd that work out for the Isaiah Pead trade? It's not always about getting more picks. Sometimes it's quality over quantity.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
How'd that work out for the Isaiah Pead trade? It's not always about getting more picks. Sometimes it's quality over quantity.
Hindsight is always 20/20.

There wasn't a scout or analyst out there who thought Pead would tank.
Not a one.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Not a one.

Well, the jury is still out on Pead... . But yeah, there are no guarantees with anyone. Ask the 49'ers and AJ Jenkins.

V3

Hall of Fame

Not a one.

I won't say I thought he'd tank but I really didn't like the pick when it was made. This isn't to toot my own horn, either. I saw plenty of places that had him projected to go later and I agreed with them after watching his tape. Also, I generally don't like taking players from Cincinnati. Most of the stuff I saw had him going in the 3rd or 4th round.