To all you Asshole Face fans.........

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
He is what his record says he is!!
View attachment 18348

Well, I think things can get stale when a coach is at the same job for a long period of time. Look at Andy Reid, good run in Philly, but finished up with some very poor seasons. Now at KC has only lost 3 games in his last 20 or so games with a solid, but not great Alex Smith at QB.

Key would obviously come down to personnel responsibilities, who has it, what is the structure? And who is the DC. Can you get a big time defensive cordinator?

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Well, I think things can get stale when a coach is at the same job for a long period of time. Look at Andy Reid, good run in Philly, but finished up with some very poor seasons. Now at KC has only lost 3 games in his last 20 or so games with a solid, but not great Alex Smith at QB.

Key would obviously come down to personnel responsibilities, who has it, what is the structure? And who is the DC. Can you get a big time defensive cordinator?

Hell he got his team to the playoffs 50% of the time. I think we would take that about now lol. 5 playoff appearances in 10 seasons is not bad at all. Fisher made the playoffs 6 times in 22 years... Yeah thats a major upgrade for us. Payton is the guy who can probably fix this offense. This is probably the worst offense ive seen of all time. We really do need a offensive minded guy to fix this imo.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am warming up to Payton, if the compensation is right.

We have a HUGE investment in Goff. The Rams need to give him the best QB developing coach possible, and Payton qualifies.

Others may qualify too. Just making the point he definitely does.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Have you heard anything about Shanahan going to Denver?
I haven't heard anything close to credible that has actually said
it would be likely.Just curious
After the way his Dad left Denver, I doubt Shanahan would want to go there. JMHO
But, with that said, I want a HC that can bring in a Really good coaching staff! This is critical!!

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I know people would freak, but I'd fine with a 2nd in 2017 and a 2018 2nd round pick for Payton. I think he can work with most of the young guys drafted in 2016 + Spruce and get more out of Gurley, Austin and Goff. I think Payton could get the offense in the 15-22 range in his first season as HC/Playcaller.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I know people would freak, but I'd fine with a 2nd in 2017 and a 2018 2nd round pick for Payton. I think he can work with most of the young guys drafted in 2016 + Spruce and get more out of Gurley, Austin and Goff. I think Payton could get the offense in the 15-22 range in his first season as HC/Playcaller.

I would offer our 4th this year and a conditional next year....maybe as high as a 2nd if Rams make playoffs, otherwise a 3rd at best.

I would even stipulate the 4th this year be the comp pick, much like the Titans conditional deal they made.

If the Saints balk, then i would just say okay, pay his 40 mill salary then for the next 4 years.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
After reading some posts, I realize I forgot about Peyton s accomplishments outside of NO, so I would be more open to it. Not that I thought it would have been a mistake, especially after an interview, but maybe his last 3 seasons of 7 and 9 triggered a knee jerk reaction to look elsewhere, if you know what I mean.

I would have to talk to Peyton and kyle to see who was a better fit with the team and hear what they have to say before I made a choice, but I still feel I'd give the edge to kyle, father in tow, unless Sean made me feel that he thinks he can make this team a force and that his inspiration is at its highest level because I'm guessing kyle is chomping for his opportunity and would bring the special energy needed under the circumstances..

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
image.jpeg

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I'd like to add that if I coached a team with a hof gb for 10 years and we only had one SB appearance, I would feel that I failed him and the team as a coach. It's the hardest position to lock down and pay for, by far, so that would be on me.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd like to add that if I coached a team with a hof gb for 10 years and we only had one SB appearance, I would feel that I failed him and the team as a coach. It's the hardest position to lock down and pay for, by far, so that would be on me.
Dan Shula and Dan Marino would like to have a word with you about that.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Would you say Mike McCarthy is bad coach?

1 SB win in his only SB appearance while coaching the best player in the NFL over the last 8 or 9 years, who also plays the most important position.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

One issue when having a great vet QB is that it also kills your cap. Which is an issue in NO.

Last edited:

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Still not convinced Payton is worth two 2nd rounders. Surely, there are other candidates that could give us an actual NFL level offence provide an environment in which Goff can develop. I don't think anyone here is demanding a top 5 unit (as nice as that would be)...

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
BTW, one of the greatest coaches in NFL history, coaching one of the greatest QBs in the history of the league, has won only one SB over the last 12 years.... that would be Bill and Tom in New England. Sure they won 3 prior to that, when Brady had a cheaper contract BTW, causing fewer cap issues, but I don't see people bitching about one SB win post 2004.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Haha, good point, and although I Love don and dan, I'd still feel It was my fault. In aaron Roger's case the circumstances are a little different. He is 7 and 7 in the playoffs but 5 of the losses came on the last play of he game and they could have, should have been in at least 2 more super bowls had it not been for freak plays.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
BTW, one of the greatest coaches in NFL history, coaching one of the greatest QBs in the history of the league, has won only one SB over the last 12 years.... that would be Bill and Tom in New England. Sure they won 3 prior to that, when Brady had a cheaper contract BTW, causing fewer cap issues, but I don't see people bitching about one SB win post 2004.

For me, any stat including brady or Belilcheck is in question. Besides the cheating, he has ernie adams, and although it's not illegal to use a guy's photographic memory to tell brady where the pressure is coming from on every play, it's an unfair advantage.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Don't get me wrong, Payton comes with some concerns. He would have to present a clear plan for his defensive vision, with a couple great cordinator canidates.