To all the arm chair scouts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
Is Gurley as good as be looks. He was great last year and seems even better this year. He plays in big games regularly, but so did Knowshon. Just wondered if this translates well, I by no means am a draftknit

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
In my opinion, Gurley looks like Steven Jackson when he was coming out of Oregon State. Big, powerful, has surprising speed for his size. I'm a huge fan of both him and Yeldon (Alabama).

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
If DRich, Pead, Stacy, or Cunningham prove to be legit and get 1,000+ yards and 6-10 tds this year AND next year...I don't care, I'd still trade up for Gurley. He is the best RB to come out in a long time.

In fact, even if we need a RB this offseason I hope we sign a vet as a stop gap and then go hard for Gurley...Yeldon wouldn't be a bad prize either.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Me: hard to get excited about a running back early.

Not a position to draft high anymore.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
He's the real deal. Georgia won today because of his play. He looks the part of an an every down back in the NFL.

FRO

Legend
CGI_Ram said:

If he was AP talent, yes it is most certainly a position to pick high.

FRO said:
CGI_Ram said:

If he was AP talent, yes it is most certainly a position to pick high.

He is a very good player, but highly unlikely he has AP type talent.

HitStick said:
If DRich, Pead, Stacy, or Cunningham prove to be legit and get 1,000+ yards and 6-10 tds this year AND next year...I don't care, I'd still trade up for Gurley. He is the best RB to come out in a long time.

In fact, even if we need a RB this offseason I hope we sign a vet as a stop gap and then go hard for Gurley...Yeldon wouldn't be a bad prize either.

A long time? Trent Richardson says hello.

edit. And Yeldon is a sophmore he won't be draft eligible.

catcheryea

UDFA
Yes he is definitely as good as he looks. Coming into the year, I was a bigger fan of Yeldon because he looked more explosive, but Gurley has shown that he has good long speed. Combine that with his size and power and he's the real deal. You guys probably won't like this, but you probably will if we end up with him, but he reminds of Marshawn Lynch with better long speed. They are both extremely tough runners who are really hard to bring down, and can even intimidate some smaller defenders because they can run straight through them. However, once Gurley breaks through the crowd, he can accelerate and run away from the defense, which is something that Lynch does not do very often.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Hackamaniac said:
HitStick said:

Neither will Gurley. They both become eligible the same year. Thats way I lumped them together.

TRich is good but I don't think he was on the same level that AP was on in college. He was drafted so early because it was very deep on defense and very swallow on offense. I think he was over drafted. I would put him in the 10-15 range...not number 4 overall.

With a great O-line (like the browns have) he only averaged 3.6 YPC.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hate Georgia but yes, Gurley is as good as he looks.

Marshall, Gurley, Yeldon and the rest of that 2015 class are going to be a damn good HB class. Mike Davis also might be in that class and Davis very arguably outplayed Gurley today.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
HitStick said:
Hackamaniac said:
HitStick said:

Neither will Gurley. They both become eligible the same year. Thats way I lumped them together.

TRich is good but I don't think he was on the same level that AP was on in college. He was drafted so early because it was very deep on defense and very swallow on offense. I think he was over drafted. I would put him in the 10-15 range...not number 4 overall.

With a great O-line (like the browns have) he only averaged 3.6 YPC.

Richardson was an amazing prospect. Gurley might end up being better but don't sell T-Rich short.

And the Browns OL is a much better pass blocking unit than run blocking.

duckhunter

Starter
I like Gurley over Yeldon but neither is eligible this upcoming draft as far as I know.

The guy on everyone's radar as a 1st rounder this draft is Ka'deem Carey, AZ Wildcats. Had a great game yesterday and scored two TDs. 176 yds rushing.

Like CGI said I'm not really interested in using a 1st rounder on a RB. The guy I really like and not getting a lot of press this year is Dave Fluellen, Toledo, SR. 6' 215 lbs. 1450 yds rushing last year and 6 yds a pop.

He's real smooth running, effortless, nice one cut and go, good vision, good lean and has some pop. Elusive and great hands as a receiver. Dropped one yesterday though. Had a big day with over 100 yds rushing and 100 yds receiving yesterday against MU. Had a decent game against FL last week. Keep an eye on him. Looks like his skills transfer well to the pro game.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
CGI_Ram singing my song:

I agree with both of those sentences. I don't know who I want (realistically speaking so no Clowney) to pick with our two first rounders but it sure isn't a RB. Probably a S, CB or an OLB.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
HitStick said:

I think what needs to be considered... rather than looking at it in if one of these guys can get 1000+ yards, its going to be more a case of whether or not they can combine for 1600+ and 8-10 TDs.

Who gets them is secondary to IF they get there.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
CoachO said:
HitStick said:

I think what needs to be considered... rather than looking at it in if one of these guys can get 1000+ yards, its going to be more a case of whether or not they can combine for 1600+ and 8-10 TDs.

Who gets them is secondary to IF they get there.
TO BE SURE I'd rather have two with 800 per than one with 1200 and the other with 400.
I'd LUVIT if they became completely interchangeable