TNF - the race for second place

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
BTW, Russell Wilson is so lucky. That duck he threw to Baldwin should have been picked. Instead, it goes for a huge gain. That guy gets one of those every game.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
BTW, Russell Wilson is so lucky. That duck he threw to Baldwin should have been picked. Instead, it goes for a huge gain. That guy gets one of those every game.

It's so damn annoying. Scramble around, heave one up and that's it. Luck box.

Ellard80

Legend
I just laugh at all the downplay of Russell Wilson... oh do I hate the seahawks...

But Russell Wilson is an amazing player.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I normally like Chris Collinsworth, but him saying the shitchicken tantrum when they lost the SB was "passion" was a bunch of bullshit. Much like the shitchicken backing into a win with dumb luck.

Actin like Dick Sherman is the first guy to ever go on IR. Fuck that, shit happens. Suck it up and move.

Man fuck the shitchickens and their ugly ass uniforms with their ugly ass helmets and their stupid ass chants.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's so damn annoying. Scramble around, heave one up and that's it. Luck box.

I just had to laugh when they started lauding him after that play. I guarantee you if Goff did something that stupid, they would not be lauding him for it (even if it worked).

I just laugh at all the downplay of Russell Wilson... oh do I hate the seahawks...

But Russell Wilson is an amazing player.

I give Russell Wilson plenty of credit, but that doesn't change reality. Every game, he throws up at least one duck that ends up working out for him.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No more Richard Sherman this year......Do I sense Rams WR's doing high fives right now?

Ellard80

Legend
I just had to laugh when they started lauding him after that play. I guarantee you if Goff did something that stupid, they would not be lauding him for it (even if it worked).

I give Russell Wilson plenty of credit, but that doesn't change reality. Every game, he throws up at least one duck that ends up working out for him.

Those ducks eh.. well yeah I guess. He is the number 1 QB in the NFL in deep ball accuracy.

Those plays are frustrating as hell.. especially when we need them to lose and lose some more. But when he does it multiple times every game its not luck.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Now we get to hear the NFLN crew slobber all over the Hawks...They beat a bad Cards team, and lost Richard Sherman...

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
They didn't only lose Sherman. I wonder what's up with Duane Brown.

Did that dickhead Frank Clark get back in the game?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Those ducks eh.. well yeah I guess. He is the number 1 QB in the NFL in deep ball accuracy.

Those plays are frustrating as hell.. especially when we need them to lose and lose some more. But when he does it multiple times every game its not luck.

Dude, if you think that play isn't luck, I don't know what to tell you. He knew Baldwin was there, blindly threw a pass, and the defender who was in position for the INT inexplicably slipped and fell. Do you remember this play:
http://www.seahawks.com/video/2013/10/28/golden-Taint-80-yard-touchdown

Again, that's luck. That was a bad throw. Wilson's pass to Baldwin in this game was a bad throw. He seems to get one of those every week. He throws a bad pass into coverage, and the defender misplays it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Now we get to hear the NFLN crew slobber all over the Hawks...They beat a bad Cards team, and lost Richard Sherman...

We beat Arizona 33-0, and we beat a bad team. Seattle beats them 22-16, and they won a hard-fought game against a tough division rival.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Am I a bad person to want RW to get absolutely killed one time when scrambling? He frustrates the frick out of me!:fuelfire:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
They both couldn't lose but they did beat each other up.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
5bf4c674c0da75dc7b435cb97eab20c4--football-jokes-football-fever.jpg

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dude, if you think that play isn't luck, I don't know what to tell you. He knew Baldwin was there, blindly threw a pass, and the defender who was in position for the INT inexplicably slipped and fell. Do you remember this play:
http://www.seahawks.com/video/2013/10/28/golden-Taint-80-yard-touchdown

Again, that's luck. That was a bad throw. Wilson's pass to Baldwin in this game was a bad throw. He seems to get one of those every week. He throws a bad pass into coverage, and the defender misplays it.

That db must have studied haha Clinton dix on how to completely fail on challenging a jump ball.

The rams dbs better practice catching those lollipop passes in the week leading up to facing that oompa loompa.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ncussion-test-we-went-through-every-question/

Russell Wilson on concussion test: We went through every question
Posted by Josh Alper on November 10, 2017

Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson took a hard shot to the chin from Cardinals linebacker Karlos Dansby in the third quarter of Thursday night’s game that led to a penalty for Dansby and a trip to the bench for Wilson.

Referee Walt Anderson sent Wilson to the sideline to get evaluated by medical personnel, but Wilson’s stay was brief. Austin Davis took one snap at quarterback and Wilson was back on the field without going into the blue medical tent. The Seahawks would punt two plays later and Wilson would then go into the tent while the defense was on the field.

Wilson has long been a proponent of the concussion protection provided by a water company that also happens to be an investment, but the initial check seemed cursory even with nanobubbles doing their thing. Wilson said he was totally fine after the game and didn’t show any signs of difficulty on the field while piloting the Seahawks to a win.

“I was just trying to move my jaw. I was like, ‘Ah, man, it’s stuck,'” Wilson said, via ESPN.com. “I think I was kinda like laying down on the ground for a second just trying to get my jaw, and I think Walt thought maybe I was injured or something like that. I told him I was good, I was good, and he said, ‘Come off the field.’

I think Walt did a great job first of all. He made the smartest decision. I was fine, though, 100 percent fine. And then they finally went over through the whole concussion stuff and all that. We went through every question you could imagine, and I answered even some more for them just so they knew I was good, and then went back in there.”

The NFL and NFLPA have done checks to see if the concussion protocols were followed in the past and could look into Wilson’s situation as well. If any improprieties are found, the Seahawks would be subject to a fine.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-up-seahawks-pay-big-price-for-22-16-victory/

Thursday Night wrap-up: Seahawks pay big price for 22-16 victory
Posted by Charean Williams on November 10, 2017

Russell Wilson and the Seahawks escaped Arizona with a 22-16 victory over the Cardinals, but they did not get out unscathed.

Seattle has a long list of injuries, including what appears to be a serious injury to cornerback Dick Sherman. Sherman, listed on the injury report with an Achilles earlier in the week, grabbed his Achilles after making a tackle in the third quarter.

His body language did not give the impression that it was nothing to worry about. Sherman hugged teammates on the sideline as if he had received bad news, and in a postgame interview, Wilson sounded as if the Seahawks will play without their All-Pro cornerback the rest of the season.

The Seahawks also have concerns about left tackle Duane Brown, who left in the first half with a right ankle injury, their other starting cornerback, Shaquill Griffin, who left with a shoulder injury, running back C.J. Prosise, who has an ankle injury, defensive tackle Jarran Reed, who has a hamstring injury, and linebacker Michael Wilhoite, who has a calf injury.

Safety Kam Chancellor, the only remaining starter in the secondary after Sherman went out, entered the medical tent in the final two minutes.

But the Seahawks did have Wilson for all but one play when he left for what was supposed to be a check for a concussion after being hit in the chin. He completed 22 of 32 passes for 238 yards and two touchdowns. Jimmy Graham scored both touchdowns, on catches of 6 and 2 yards.

Wilson pulled off a Houdini move in the fourth quarter to give Seattle some breathing room. On second-and-21, Wilson ran around with Chandler Jones and Tyrann Mathieu chasing him. He ran left and right and pump faked to get Mathieu off his feet and ran some more.

Doug Baldwin, who started the play blocking, ran down the sideline when the play broke down. Wilson threw it up to him, and Baldwin leaped to grab it over safety Antoine Bethea before running 54 yards to the Cardinals 2. Wilson hit Gresham for the touchdown on the next play and a 22-10 lead.

Ball game.

Here are five more things we learned during Thursday Night Football:

1. The list of great players on injured reserve is unbelievable already: Aaron Rodgers, J.J. Watt, Odell Beckham Jr., Deshaun Watson, Andrew Luck, Eric Berry, Andrew Luck, Julian Edelman, David Johnson, Carson Palmer, Joe Thomas, Greg Olsen, Marshal Yanda, Ryan Tannehill, Jason Peters, Whitney Mercilus and Jason Verrett among others.

Sherman’s injury did not look good. Neither did his reaction. Or his noticeable limp.

The league can’t afford to keep losing great players week after week after week, but it appears another great one will go on the shelf for the rest of the season.

2. Adrian Peterson looks like the old Adrian Peterson. Adrian Peterson looks old.

One week it’s one Adrian Peterson and the next week it’s the other. He had 26 carries for 134 yards and two touchdowns in the first game after joining the Cardinals in a trade from New Orleans, but then had 11 carries for 21 yards against the Rams. He rebounded with 37 carries for 159 yards four days ago.

But against the Seahawks, Peterson lost a fumble on his first carry and took a safety on his ninth. He finished with 21 carries for 29 yards.

3. The Seahwaks :p still don’t have a running back or a running game.

Last week Pete Carroll vowed to hand over the running game to Eddie Lacy. Lacy lasted for six carries and 20 yards before leaving with a groin injury as Wilson was their leading rusher with 10 carries for 77 yards.

Seattle, which lost rookie running back Chris Carson to a Week 4 leg injury, vowed this week to feature Thomas Rawls.

Rawls had 10 carries for 27 yards as the Seahawks had 23 rushes for 75 yards.

Somehow, someway the Seahawks have to find a better ground game if they are going to top the Rams for the division title. Wilson needs help.

4. Larry Fitzgerald is one of the greatest of all time. As if you didn’t know that before Thursday night. . . .

The Cardinals star receiver showed it again with 10 catches for 113 yards against the Seahawks. He now has 60 receptions for 677 yards this season.

Did somebody say retirement? He shouldn’t even think about it.

Despite being 34 years old and in his 14th season, Fitzgerald is showing no signs of slowing down. Please, Larry, the game needs you another year . . . or two . . . or three.

5. Blair Walsh missed three field goals in Sunday’s 17-14 loss to Washington. His misses of 44, 39 and 49 yards all were wide left.

The Seahawks not only kept him on their roster but kept the faith. Walsh rewarded them with field goals of 33 and 43 yards. Seattle won by six points.

Walsh lost his job in Minnesota last season by making 12 of 16 field goals. He entered Thursday’s game 12-of-16, so he needed a confidence-builder, and he got it.

The Seahawks now get an 11-day break to figure out how to overcome the injuries and keep Walsh on track.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...in-thursday-night-football-should-be-illegal/

Doug Baldwin: Thursday Night Football should be illegal
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on November 10, 2017

With the laundry list of players injured in Thursday night’s game between the Seattle Seahawks and Arizona Cardinals, it’s no wonder some of the players involved in the game would question the wisdom of playing two games in five days.

Seahawks wide receiver Doug Baldwin thinks the enterprise should be banned.

This s— should be illegal,” Baldwin said, via Gregg Bell of the Tacoma News Tribune. “It is not OK. It’s not OK. You can quote me on that.

“This is not OK. … Absolutely, guys do not have enough time to recover. You can’t recover in four days.”

Baldwin was one of at least 15 players hurt or injured in the game between the two teams. The Seahawks alone had 12 different players injured in some way. Cornerback Dick Sherman(Achilles), defensive tackle Jarran Reed (hamstring), tackle Duane Brown (ankle), running back C.J. Prosise (ankle), linebacker Michael Wilhoite (calf) and defensive end Frank Clark (thigh) were all knocked out of the game and did not return.

Safety Kam Chancellor (stinger), cornerback Shaquill Griffin (shoulder), quarterback Russell Wilson (jaw/concussion check), defensive tackle Nazair Jones and Baldwin (hip/groin) all had issues arise as well that they played through.

That list doesn’t include the three Cardinals likely done for the season in tackle D.J. Humphries (knee), safety Tyvon Branch (knee) and tight end Ifeanyi Momah (ankle).

It’s Exhibit A, Exhibit B, Exhibit C, Exhibit D, Exhibit Z. Thursday night football should be illegal,” Baldwin said, via Brady Henderson of ESPN.com.

When posited with the argument from some that the extra days off following a Thursday night game might be an adequate offset for the injuries concerns, Baldwin had a simple reply.

Tell them f— you,” he said, via Matt Calkins of the Seattle Times.

“It’s amazing,” Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll said with exasperation. “I hope that you guys recognize how challenging this is for the NFL players. It’s so challenging physically and they have to go through so much and they risk so much. For them to fight and claw and scratch like that…

I’m talking about both teams and every team that plays this game, not just about tonight. I just hope you guys will understand how admirable it is because they love the game, and of course they’re getting paid and all, but they go through a tremendous amount. It tears your heart when it gets taken away because of injuries and all. It’s unfortunate.”

The amount of revenue the league creates from the Thursday night package likely means Thursday games aren’t going anywhere, but the concerns could likely be mitigated with some tweaks to the schedule. Adding a second bye week could give teams a week off leading into their Thursday night matchups so no teams are playing on a short week. The second bye could help facilitate scheduling international games in London as well.

While the money generated by Thursday games are a benefit for both players and owners, the risk to player safety and inherent lack of game quality from diminished rosters have created a problem that needs further addressing moving forward.