TNF - the race for second place

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-seattle-seahawks-22-arizona-cardinals-16

Refocused: Seattle Seahawks 22, Arizona Cardinals 16
BY PFF ANALYSIS TEAM

The Seattle Seahawks went into University of Phoenix Stadium and came out with a win, defeating the Arizona Cardinals 22-16.

Both defenses were able to get plenty of pressure on the opposing quarterbacks through out the night, and neither team managed to run the ball well. It wasn’t an easy night for the Seattle offense, but QB Russell Wilson and company came through when it mattered, as Wilson connected with TE Jimmy Graham twice, the second time in the fourth quarter to pull well ahead.

It was a far tougher night for the Cardinals offense, with both QB Drew Stanton and RB Adrian Peterson struggling to help their team move the ball. Peterson ran for only 29 yards on a whopping 21 carries, and Stanton could only muster 5.8 yards per attempt. With that, we give you our PFF exclusive takeaways from the contest for each team.

SEA-Seahawks-Header.png

TOP 5 GRADES:

S Kam Chancellor, 91.5 overall grade

LB K.J. Wright, 89.4 overall grade

DI Sheldon Richardson, 85.0 overall grade

Edge Michael Bennett, 83.0 overall grade

WR Doug Baldwin, 82.1 overall grade

PERFORMANCES OF NOTE:

WR DOUG BALDWIN, 82.1 OVERALL GRADE

Doug Baldwin made the play that separated the Seahawks from the Cardinals, as he came down with a jump ball off of a Wilson scramble which he took 54 yards to set up the second Jimmy Graham score. Outside of that play, Baldwin was a very reliable target, catching every pass thrown his way. However, he wasn’t able to create any other big plays, but he made the play that mattered to help take the Seahawks to victory.

T DUANE BROWN, 76.4 OVERALL GRADE
The deadline trade for Duane Brown looked to be paying off for a second game until he went down with a leg injury. Prior to his injury, he was able to get some good movement in the run game at left tackle and only gave up one pressure on 20 snaps. If Brown is able to come back healthy it would help solidify an offensive line that struggled earlier in the season.

S KAM CHANCELLOR, 91.5 OVERALL GRADE
It’s difficult to make bigger impact plays than Chancellor did against the Cardinals. On the first play for Arizona’s offense, he forced a fumble against Adrian Peterson, and then followed it up with a tackle for a safety on Peterson in the second quarter. He had four defensive stops overall. While he did allow a touchdown in coverage, he also broke up another pass in the end zone.

EDGE DION JORDAN, 80.7 OVERALL GRADE
In his first game since the 2014 season, Jordan had a lot of success rushing the quarterback, even if a lot of it came against John Wetzel. On 18 pass-rush snaps, Jordan disrupted the quarterback five times with one sack, two hits, and two hurries. It will be interesting to see he if can continue to be productive as a backup and sub-package pass-rusher during the second half of the season.

ARZ-Cardinals-Header.png

TOP 5 GRADES:

CB Tramon Williams, 91.5 overall grade

LB Karlos Dansby, 82.8 overall grade

S Budda Baker, 82.5 overall grade

DI Frostee Rucker, 81.5 overall grade

G Alex Boone, 81.4 overall grade

PERFORMANCES OF NOTE:

WR LARRY FITZGERALD, 81.1 OVERALL GRADE

Fitzgerald was his typical, reliable self against the Seahawks defense. He caught nine of his 13 targets for 112 yards against seven different defenders, with 96 yards coming in the air before the catch. Of the four incomplete targets, three were broken up by Seattle defenders, giving Fitzgerald little-to-no chance of making the catch.

RB ADRIAN PETERSON, 33.5 OVERALL GRADE
After a big rushing week last week, Peterson did little to make a positive impact on Thursday night. He fumbled his first carry of the game, and then proceeded to gain just 34 yards on 21 total carries. While his offensive line didn’t give him much help and he had 39 yards gained after first contact, he didn’t do that much enough to create his own yardage either. As a receiver, he dropped one of his two passes, although he did force a missed tackle on Kam Chancellor to pick up a first down on his one catch.

CB TRAMON WILLIAMS, 91.5 OVERALL GRADE
Tramon Williams was excellent on the other side of the Cardinals star CB Patrick Peterson. Williams was the most targeted defender for the Cardinals and made the Seahawks struggle when he was targeted. Williams allowed three catches on six targets for just 14 yards and was able to knock down the other three targets as he ended the day with three passes defensed.

LB KARLOS DANSBY, 82.8 OVERALL GRADE
Karlos Dansby was able to turn back the clock and produce his best game of the season. Dansby recorded four stops, three in the run game and one in the pass game. When Dansby was in coverage he allowed two catches for two total yards, one of which was for a five yard loss. On top of that he was able to record two pressures on five pass-rushing snaps. Dansby showed on this day he is still a force to be reckoned with.

PFF GAME BALL: KAM CHANCELLOR, S

Kam-Chancellor-Game-Ball-RS17WK10.jpg

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Love the player hypocrites, they make 55% of the $550 million tv deal. If you asked the players to vote to give up that money to do away with TNF they'd vote to keep it going.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
IF this game was a sign of how these two Teams are going to play the rest of the Season, neither one will finish above .500! JMO

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm sure they did go through every question, but that didn't happen until after the drive ended. When Anderson sent Wilson off the field, he didn't go through any questions. He walked in the text and pretended like he did what we was supposed to do to get back on the field as quickly as possible. Seahawks should be fined for that.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Love the player hypocrites, they make 55% of the $550 million tv deal. If you asked the players to vote to give up that money to do away with TNF they'd vote to keep it going.
Don’t know where you got those numbers from but the nfl is making over 7 billion a yr. just off those tv deals. And the average salary cap is about 167 million per team. Guess who gets to pocket the rest of that money not to mention ticket sales and concession sales or merchandise sales. The nfl has 14 billion in revenue for this year alone. The players don’t negotiate tv deals ask the owners to give up some of their money if they are really worried about player safety. The boss set the schedule you just work it

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don’t know where you got those numbers from but the nfl is making over 7 billion a yr. just off those tv deals. And the average salary cap is about 167 million per team. Guess who gets to pocket the rest of that money not to mention ticket sales and concession sales or merchandise sales. The nfl has 14 billion in revenue for this year alone. The players don’t negotiate tv deals ask the owners to give up some of their money if they are really worried about player safety. The boss set the schedule you just work it

The players get a percentage of the NFL's revenue. That's how they set the salary cap.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The players get a percentage of the NFL's revenue. That's how they set the salary cap.
Yeah 167 million per team. That’s the reason why the salary cap went up because of the massive tv deal but that tv deal isn’t worth 550 million. The only part of 14 billion the players see is that 167 million cap divided by what 53 players or 90

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah 167 million per team. That’s the reason why the salary cap went up because of the massive tv deal but that tv deal isn’t worth 550 million. The only part of 14 billion the players see is that 167 million cap divided by what 53 players or 90
I was wrong, the Thursday night TV deal is worth $450 million not $550 million. Players get 55% of that in the form of salary cap. Take that portion of the TV deal away the cap goes down that much.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

That's not true. Players also get a lot of benefits (including retired players).

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's not true. Players also get a lot of benefits (including retired players).
Lol so now we wanna argue semantics. Ok the league revenue is just that revenue. The league has a projection on how much they are going to make that year so they set the salary cap up accordingly. They have to spend 89 percent of the cap that’s minimum but they can’t spend over the cap. You talk about all these other so called benefits but I’m talking about how the players really get paid.

The retirement plan is something all jobs offer and a lot can be said about how shitty the nfl retirement/health plan really is. But nothing compares to the amount of money the owners are making no matter what else the players get paid for because from merchandise to everything else the owners see a much bigger portion of all revenue. That 14 billion they get is with everything already accounted for that’s why they call it revenue

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol so now we wanna argue semantics. Ok the league revenue is just that revenue. The league has a projection on how much they are going to make that year so they set the salary cap up accordingly. They have to spend 89 percent of the cap that’s minimum but they can’t spend over the cap. You talk about all these other so called benefits but I’m talking about how the players really get paid.

The retirement plan is something all jobs offer and a lot can be said about how crappy the nfl retirement/health plan really is. But nothing compares to the amount of money the owners are making no matter what else the players get paid for because from merchandise to everything else the owners see a much bigger portion of all revenue. That 14 billion they get is with everything already accounted for that’s why they call it revenue

That's not semantics. Arguing semantics is arguing over the meaning of words.(i.e., if you were to dispute my definition of semantics, we would be arguing semantics)

This will help explain what the players get:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...fl-2017-167-million-free-agency-cba/98577346/

As for the "retirement plan," NFL players get a pension if they play long enough in the NFL (in addition to other retirement benefits). That's not something every person gets.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Its going to be fun seeing how they all react when the next TV contract negotiations come up and the Networks ask for a 32% reduction because viewership fell 32%. (% just an example)

When the income falls off, someone is going to take a hit And its going to keep falling with all the continued adverse things hurting their product on and off the field.

Mark Cuban's predictions are trending to reality. Players and owners need to wake up and smell the coffee as to what's trending.

Last edited:

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's not semantics. Arguing semantics is arguing over the meaning of words.(i.e., if you were to dispute my definition of semantics, we would be arguing semantics)

This will help explain what the players get:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...fl-2017-167-million-free-agency-cba/98577346/

As for the "retirement plan," NFL players get a pension if they play long enough in the NFL (in addition to other retirement benefits). That's not something every person gets.
Aren’t we arguing over what I mean by the players getting paid. That’s the phrase we are arguing over I’m talking literal cash and you’re talking benefits i.e semantics.
Semantics is the study of meaning in language. It can be applied to entire texts or to single words.

I can’t argue with you over the word semantic because it has a simple meaning but if I say Soft and you say subtle then we can argue semantics. But in this cash i said a complete Phrase not a word. I said they get paid based off the Salary cap then you said they get paid benefits too so that’s semantics because cash and benefits can mean the same thing but benefits encompasses more

You’re talking about retirement benefits like that’s exclusive to the nfl . I hope if you work at your job long enough you get a pension and become fully vested in your 401k. Benefits are things every person gets when they work for a company those benefits though don’t affect the bottom line because they are already accounted for.

If I was a stock brocker and I’m bringing in hundreds of millions to this company but I’m only making 300k a year and I go to the bosses and say hey I wanna become a partner I’m bringing in hundreds of millions and they say no work out your crontract then talk. That’s the same thing how the nfl works the nfl is making billions while the players all have to slice up 167 million.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Aren’t we arguing over what I mean by the players getting paid. That’s the phrase we are arguing over I’m talking literal cash and you’re talking benefits i.e semantics.
Semantics is the study of meaning in language. It can be applied to entire texts or to single words.

I can’t argue with you over the word semantic because it has a simple meaning but if I say Soft and you say subtle then we can argue semantics. But in this cash i said a complete Phrase not a word. I said they get paid based off the Salary cap then you said they get paid benefits too so that’s semantics because cash and benefits can mean the same thing but benefits encompasses more

You’re talking about retirement benefits like that’s exclusive to the nfl . I hope if you work at your job long enough you get a pension and become fully vested in your 401k. Benefits are things every person gets when they work for a company those benefits though don’t affect the bottom line because they are already accounted for.

If I was a stock brocker and I’m bringing in hundreds of millions to this company but I’m only making 300k a year and I go to the bosses and say hey I wanna become a partner I’m bringing in hundreds of millions and they say no work out your crontract then talk. That’s the same thing how the nfl works the nfl is making billions while the players all have to slice up 167 million.

No, we're not arguing semantics because you continue to say the bold when it's not an accurate summation of what NFL players receive. We won't even get into the fact that it's $167 million PER 32 TEAMS. You're wrong when you say that's the only portion of the revenue they get. The benefits for current and retired players are also taken out of the revenue. That's a huge chunk of money. The $14 billion number you keep citing isn't profits. It's revenue. That's why benefits are not accounted for in the figure you're quoting.

That's not semantics. We're not arguing over the meaning of getting paid. We're arguing over the number you keep citing because it is not correct.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, we're not arguing semantics because you continue to say the bold when it's not an accurate summation of what NFL players receive. We won't even get into the fact that it's $167 million PER 32 TEAMS. You're wrong when you say that's the only portion of the revenue they get. The benefits for current and retired players are also taken out of the revenue. That's a huge chunk of money. The $14 billion number you keep citing isn't profits. It's revenue. That's why benefits are not accounted for in the figure you're quoting.

That's not semantics. We're not arguing over the meaning of getting paid. We're arguing over the number you keep citing because it is not correct.
14 billion is in revenue and in this case when you’re dealing with big money any time a company puts out their revenue it’s understood that it’s profits. the league supplements the players benefits you’re so obsessed about with things like fines, parking, concessions. And who doesn’t know that it’s 167 million per team divided by the amount of players that’s actually are on the team.

I was specifically talking about tangible money tangible pay not benefits because I thought it was understood that we all know they get benefits but they don’t get paid in benefits that’s what this conversation was originally about. What percentage of the money they get out of all the money the NfL generates not whether they receive benefits. So that’s why I said you wanted to argue semantics because I’m talking about pay you’re talking about benefits which doesn’t add to their salary.

So what number isn’t correct the 167 million salary cap or the 14 billion in profits because the last time I checked the league set their salary cap based off of revenue not benefits so why would I be worried about benefits when I’m talking about what they get paid.