TLR Retirement News Conference

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[mp3]http://stage.101espn.com/podcasting/2011/10/10312011171329.mp3[/mp3]

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Wow, I was shocked when I read that this morning. Really unexpected.

But great career as manager and what a way to go out. Thank you, Tony!

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
I was pretty suprised as well, but its nice to see him go out on top. I still expect to him to be involved in baseball somehow, and I dont expect him to pull a Favre lol.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Pretty much surprised me too. I thought he would hang on for at least another year. The reason being that I heard Dave Duncan on the radio back in July and he basically said that he was planning on coming back--I assumed that meant Tony would too. I really, really hope Dave comes back, because he is without question (in my mind at least) the best pitching coach in baseball.

Anonymous

Probably due to Duncan's issues at home....his wife's illness that kept him out most of september. TLR has said before he'll coach as long as DD will be his pitching coach. Perhaps DD indicated to TLR he wasn't coming back? Or perhaps Pujols told TLR he definitely isn't coming back? Either way I'm sad to see TLR go. Scary thing is to step back and see the comparison to the Rams championship and DV's abrupt retirement. :bummed: :what: :sick:

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
squeaky wheel said:
Probably due to Duncan's issues at home....his wife's illness that kept him out most of september. TLR has said before he'll coach as long as DD will be his pitching coach. Perhaps DD indicated to TLR he wasn't coming back? Or perhaps Pujols told TLR he definitely isn't coming back? Either way I'm sad to see TLR go. Scary thing is to step back and see the comparison to the Rams championship and DV's abrupt retirement. :bummed: :what: :sick:

Wow, didnt even think about that till now.