TJ Moe

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
I really like the Rams to get this cat. Guy works hard and gets open. Not a fast guy but a Steve Largent type of guy.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I actually liken him to Amendola. Moe's an incredibly-smart player who used to be a quarterback. He's a great route-runner with amazing quickness and hands. Not the fastest guy, but as a slot receiver, he doesn't need to be. Ever since Maclin left, Moe's been our punt and kick returner since he's about the only sure thing we have back there. He won't score you touchdowns, but he'll get you good yardage every time, and he doesn't make stupid decisions.

I'd love for the Rams to take him in the seventh.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Memento said:
I actually liken him to Amendola. Moe's an incredibly-smart player who used to be a quarterback. He's a great route-runner with amazing quickness and hands. Not the fastest guy, but as a slot receiver, he doesn't need to be. Ever since Maclin left, Moe's been our punt and kick returner since he's about the only sure thing we have back there. He won't score you touchdowns, but he'll get you good yardage every time, and he doesn't make stupid decisions.

I'd love for the Rams to take him in the seventh.
I agree, I think TJ Moe has the potential to be another Danny A clone. I think the Rams brass thinks so too, which is why they have been scouting him so much. I believe though, that the Rams believe he will be an UDFA, and they will be able to sign him after the draft. I think he'll go in the 6th-7th rounds.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Memento said:
He won't score you touchdowns

That was the problem with Danny. We dont need another guy who cant score, thats why we were 7-8-1 last year instead of 9-7... Samething in 2010 we shuld have made the playoffs at atleast 8-8. If you have guys that cant score you cant win

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
What does the T stand for?
I have a distant cousin named Tommy Moe

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
fastcat said:
Memento said:

That was the problem with Danny. We dont need another guy who cant score, thats why we were 7-8-1 last year instead of 9-7... Samething in 2010 we shuld have made the playoffs at atleast 8-8. If you have guys that cant score you cant win

Well maybe a Ricky Proehl comparrison would make it more to your likeing.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2013/2/24/4025328/2013-nfl-combine-t-j-moe-40-shuttle-3-cone-bench-press" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/ ... ench-press</a>

Best at bench,three cone ,all shuttles, 4.74 forty.
But lemme say this about that forty time.
JMO the combine people aught to make them wear full pads for a 40 cuz it could well be that Moes 40 time in pads ranks middle of the pack.

track speed vs. football speed ?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
fastcat said:
Memento said:

But you also need a guy who has incredible quickness in space and sticky hands who can get you the first down on any situation. Amendola filled that role for us, and getting another guy like that would be a solid compliment for our WR core.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Thordaddy said:
fastcat said:
Memento said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2013/2/24/4025328/2013-nfl-combine-t-j-moe-40-shuttle-3-cone-bench-press" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/ ... ench-press</a>

JMO the combine people aught to make them wear full pads for a 40 cuz it could well be that Moes 40 time in pads ranks middle of the pack.

If not full pads, atleast shells... Every since i start following the combine i said to myself if i were one of those guys, id workout in shells, and i bet it would start a trend. And IMO, to make a 40 time comparable to football speed, i think they should line 2 guys up and let them race each other plus time it and that would give you a better "real life" 40 time becuase the guys are not just competing with time, its actually tangible competition there.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
I'm all for giving TJ Moe a chance. He'd fit the bill of our scrappy white WR.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
fastcat said:
Thordaddy said:
fastcat said:
Memento said:

If not full pads, atleast shells... Every since i start following the combine i said to myself if i were one of those guys, id workout in shells, and i bet it would start a trend. And IMO, to make a 40 time comparable to football speed, i think they should line 2 guys up and let them race each other plus time it and that would give you a better "real life" 40 time becuase the guys are not just competing with time, its actually tangible competition there.
Ya know your/ our posts remind me of Rocky Blier,late of the Steelers.

In a game against the StL Cardinals back in the Steelers hay day. I was there, a guy who sat in our section asked "Odin (Thor hadn't been born yet) whadaya think our chances are", I said "if one of our d-line men put Bradshaw out we can win ,otherwise zero" LABH I think Charlie Davis KO's bradshaw and the Cards took the lead .In today's concussion conscious NFL what followed wouldn't happen.
Second half Bradshaw re-entered the game and mounted a comeback that as I remember culminated in a pass to Rocky in the end zone for the win ,Blier flat skyed for that ball, and later people measured from the photo of the catch and concluded it was a personal best ever vert. for Blier, IN PADS,after playing 4 quarters of ball.

Disclaimer: That is ALL from an old dudes memeory, all those things happened ,I'm just a little unsure if it WAS ALL one game ,but we did lose the game in question and the Bradshaw part I am certain about.