TJ McDonald

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Isn't he designated to return? What week is this gonna happen?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Originally TJ was set to return week 13 but that was just after the break....I have not seen any fresher news on him.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
hopefully soon, that kid IMO had something special

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Probably after bye week and if that were the case I wish they just stash him on non return IR and let him heal up 100%.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Probably after bye week and if that were the case I wish they just stash him on non return IR and let him heal up 100%.

How do you know he won't be 100% when he returns?

I never understand when people say something like this. I mean, for example...how do we know that the doctor thinks 3 weeks until a player is good, tells him 4 to err on the side of caution....then you want the team to wait longer? Makes no sense to me.

If a doctor says "You're healthy enough to play", you go with it.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was actually referring to MacDonald's dad. I like the idea of having a thumper at safety.

Yeah i got what you meant lol...but anytime i hear prime time i think of Deion. :cool:

In all seriousness though, i'm not sure what it is about TJ but I just think he showed that something thats hard to describe that can make him a special player in this league. I think, for me, it was that he never really looked like a rookie, sure he made mistakes (who doesn't) but he brought that I'm here to play attitude, with no regard for his own or other peoples bodies.... obviously that was pre injury hope he can get back to 100% and progress to what i think he can be.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
T.J. McDonald still reminds me a bit of Sean Taylor. I know that it's a huge comparison to make and that there isn't that much to go off of, but they're the same height, same weight, and they play(ed) with the same ferocity on the field. He's looking like a hell of a pick, along with Zac Stacy (which makes me proud that I selected them, as well as Stedman Bailey, in my last 2013 mock draft).

:D

jap

Legend
Yeah i got what you meant lol...but anytime i hear prime time i think of Deion. :cool:

In all seriousness though, i'm not sure what it is about TJ but I just think he showed that something thats hard to describe that can make him a special player in this league. I think, for me, it was that he never really looked like a rookie, sure he made mistakes (who doesn't) but he brought that I'm here to play attitude, with no regard for his own or other peoples bodies.... obviously that was pre injury hope he can get back to 100% and progress to what i think he can be.

TJ learned from his father: what works at the pro level; what NFL coaches want; specifically, what the Fisher King wants.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler

I never understand when people say something like this. I mean, for example...how do we know that the doctor thinks 3 weeks until a player is good, tells him 4 to err on the side of caution....then you want the team to wait longer? Makes no sense to me.

Doctors aren't incented to look out for players long term future, they are incented to get guys back on the field. Just because hes cleared to play doesn't mean he should actually play.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Because after you have a significant injury it isn't just about being "cleared to play". It's about being in football shape. The danger of playing before you get into football shape is re-injury. The team isn't going to make the playoffs, so why put TJ in a position to get hurt?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

B/c of teh greater chance for re-injury. The *insert body part* is no doubt weaker after an injury even after it's "healed" so the chances of reinjuring is pretty up there, ruining both the team and the player's chance for a good long career.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
B/c of teh greater chance for re-injury. The *insert body part* is no doubt weaker after an injury even after it's "healed" so the chances of reinjuring is pretty up there, ruining both the team and the player's chance for a good long career.
I don't think I'm making my point clearly...what I'm getting at is how long do you push it off before it's "ok" to get back out there?

I mean, you can guess every week and keep putting it off...and I think that is about as silly as it can get. If a doctor says you are 100% I don't see how a head coach with no medical background can sit back and justifiably say it's better for him to sit out another week. If you are going to do that for precautionary reasons with no educational background on the matter why not just sit the guy on the bench all year and next too, just to be safe. Man, he better not play ever again, you know, just in case.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I don't think I'm making my point clearly...what I'm getting at is how long do you push it off before it's "ok" to get back out there?

I mean, you can guess every week and keep putting it off...and I think that is about as silly as it can get. If a doctor says you are 100% I don't see how a head coach with no medical background can sit back and justifiably say it's better for him to sit out another week. If you are going to do that for precautionary reasons with no educational background on the matter why not just sit the guy on the bench all year and next too, just to be safe. Man, he better not play ever again, you know, just in case.

You let him go the full cycle of the off season due to the severity of the injury. If you have ever been seriously injured, you would understand this.

EDIT: I do not mean to sound like I am talking about injury as some sort of macho, right of passage thing. Believe me I do not think getting injured made me stronger in any meaningful way.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
You let him go the full cycle of the off season due to the severity of the injury. If you have ever been seriously injured, you would understand this.

EDIT: I do not mean to sound like I am talking about injury as some sort of macho, right of passage thing. Believe me I do not think getting injured made me stronger in any meaningful way.

Again, with not being a doctor how can you claim it is needed...just silly.

I've encountered numerous injuries. And in eery single case I've felt back to normal before the doctor(s) have given me permission to get back to normal activity. Most recently, I broke my elbow...doc hasn't told me to resume working out but I feel fine doing push ups and curls.

Again, I just don't understand how a coach can tell a player he isn't ready when a doctor has. Now, if a doctor says a player can run but isn't cleared for full contact it's one thing. Or if a doctor says he could go but probably shouldn't, fine...but if the doctor says he's all systems go and you still sit him it sure seems to me that you're taking an unnecessary precaution.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
It was reported to be a clean fracture. All that needs to "heal" is the bone... and that can happen fairly rapidly. the question would be atrophy to the leg muscles and getting range of motion back if any joints were in a cast.