Tj McDonald to leave in free agency

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Just makes too much sense, McDonald and Alexander are way too similar a player to have them both on the roster and Alexander was miscast as a FS anyways.

Ram65

Legend
Just wondering about that in another thread. He is going to make a lot of money. Hurts depth some.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I'm probably the only one who thinks this really sucks. McDonald was a great player.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
He isn't a great safety, but he is sure as hell solid. Maybe he is just wanting to much money. When he sees his market, perhaps it will push him back. I like him as a ram. But I agree that alexander is the same player. Not quite as good

Rams43

Hall of Fame
TJM was a mild "want", but hardly a "must have".

It's just business.

Wanna pay Tru his $16.7 million? Gotta cut corners some other places.

Psycho_X

Legend
Yes and no. I liked the thump that he brought but he was hit or miss on most plays to me

Same here, TJ isn't anything special at safety. Solid but replaceable. If we were going to pay a safety I'd have rather we paid McLeod over TJ and we're past that point so meh.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I was thinking maybe he resigns because he went to Harlemglobetrouters games as a Ram with Tree & Quinn.

A55VA6

Legend
I expected this. McDonald is a good player but he has a lot of flaws in his game. We have alexander who can cover and lay the wood, so we need to get us a true FS.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Wish him the best of luck, he's been consistently solid throughout his time with us. Hopefully he'll walk into a team with at least a decent offense.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Now how we do we replace him? I don't think they'd move Joyner or Barron.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Now how we do we replace him? I don't think they'd move Joyner or Barron.
Alexander to SS and Joyner or a rookie to FS. There are also a couple decent stop gap free agents that could step in for a year or two.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Plus Cody Davis can play ball. I'd be ok with giving him a look at FS if they bring in a rookie too.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Alexander to SS and Joyner or a rookie to FS. There are also a couple decent stop gap free agents that could step in for a year or two.

Another option is Alexander to FS and Barron to SS where he'll probably be better served than at ILB.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay

Maybe. I can't see Joyner moving with how much we'll be in nickel. That slot CB is important and he's a good one.

Could see a rookie or a FA though.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Another option is Alexander to FS and Barron to SS where he'll probably be better served than at ILB.

Disagree, I think Wade will be able to make good use of Barron at an ILB spot similar to Buchanon with AZ. If he even remains on the roster that is he could be traded.

Maybe. I can't see Joyner moving with how much we'll be in nickel. That slot CB is important and he's a good one.

Could see a rookie or a FA though.

Possibly but there are some good veteran FA that are quality nickle backs.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks this is the way to go. Go get some true LBs in FA and the draft. Barron would be a stud at SS in Wade's defense.