TJ McDonald appreciation thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
The most maligned pick of the 2013 class has to this date probably been the best pick with Ogletree a close second. He has really taken off this year. I also love our defensive scheme with the three safeties. Barron and McDonald are big time thumpers and McLeod despite being small can level some hits too.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
McDonald has been something special and I am not sure the Rams would have drafted him if it was not for Jeff Fisher. Many felt he was a bad pick because he did not have the greatest Senior campaign, but Fisher knew what he was getting.

Now I will be posting more appreciation threads as soon as the Rams starting stringing some victories together and it starts tomorrow against the Paper Tiger San Diego Chargers.

Alan

Legend
I don't know where you're getting that "most maligned" sobriquet from because there have been other players I liked less and that's just me. :LOL: But I'll add my appreciation for what he brings to the field too. Great SS!

Now, if we can just pick up a great FS too...:ROFLMAO:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The most maligned pick of the 2013 class has to this date probably been the best pick with Ogletree a close second. He has really taken off this year. I also love our defensive scheme with the three safeties. Barron and McDonald are big time thumpers and McLeod despite being small can level some hits too.
I would like, the three of them, to challenge each other to a contest, and see witch one can Hit their opponent harder! If that's not against League rules of course!:sneaky:;)

Made the PFF team of the week the last 2 straight (I don't watch all 32 SS in the league so that's the best I can do), he's been outstanding so far.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I also love our defensive scheme with the three safeties. Barron and McDonald are big time thumpers and McLeod despite being small can level some hits too.

Don't leave Joyner off that list.

This defense hits people hard.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
When WRs are worried about taking heavy hits, there tends to be more drops :sneaky:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Loved the pic then, love the pic now......

Pho Kadat

Rookie
2AJp5.AuSt.8.jpeg

In St. Louis, McDonald drives-thru you!!

TexasRam

Legend
McDonald has been a great tackler, great blitzer and solid in man to man coverage.

The icing on the cake are the big time hits that caused drops and greatly affected the outcome of the Buccaners game and Denver game.

Oh by the way he blocks field goals and makes special teams tackles.

Sets the tone with aggressive tough intimidating plays.

He's quickly becoming the face of the Rams defense if not the face of the Rams.

fearsomefour

Legend
McDonald has proven very versatile. Plays well in the box or back in a more traditional S roll.
Barron gives some versatility as well.
McDonald, Quinn, Long, Donald, JL, Ogletree and our you CBs. So much talent and versatility. Gotta keep that core group together.
Before anyone complains about JLs pay he only counts about $3.5 vs the cap.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
McDonald has proven very versatile. Plays well in the box or back in a more traditional S roll.
Barron gives some versatility as well.
McDonald, Quinn, Long, Donald, JL, Ogletree and our you CBs. So much talent and versatility. Gotta keep that core group together.
Before anyone complains about JLs pay he only counts about $3.5 vs the cap.
The best thing is most of that very talented defensive core is young.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
I am not as high on Joyner as many here, but I like how all of the corners are not afraid to hit. They all can lay some wood! These last 3 weeks have been exactly what I was hoping that this D could be. As Barron gets acclimated, and Long comes back, there will not be an offense that will want to face them.

I'll even go a step further; There will not be an offense that doesn't fear them.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
TJ McDonald can play...He'll make a great safety, and improves this teams defense.......Still on the fence about McLeod....

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
The best thing is most of that very talented defensive core is young.

We're going to have most of this defense together for a long time. A few guys might change here and there, but we have the framework of the defense sit in stone for the next 5+ years.