Titus Young: "Mental and emotional issues"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000136343/article/titus-young-reportedly-says-hes-better-than-megatron" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... n-megatron</a>

A week before the Detroit Lions officially released insubordinate wide receiver Titus Young, the Detroit News alluded to the possibility of serious mental and emotional issues.

"I have been told that the organization has pleaded with Young to get help," beat reporter Chris McCosky wrote. "They have set him up with therapists. He has not cooperated."

The first sign that Young's antics had become more disturbing than amusing was the revelation that he sabotaged his own offense by purposely lining up in the wrong spot. The second sign was going rogue on Twitter in an intentional effort to gain his release from the Lions.

Now we have a third sign that Young is detached from reality. In a Christmas conversation with high school coach E.C. Robinson, Young claimed to be every bit as good as fellow Lions receiver Calvin Johnson, the NFL's receiving yards leader in each of the past two seasons.

"He did tell me he thought he was just as good Megatron," Robinson told the Detroit Free Press. "I said, 'Come on, man. Who you talking to?' I said, 'Come on, you're as good as that guy? This guy is the real deal.' And he really believes this. And he was sincere about it. 'Ah man, I'm better than him.' I said, 'No you're not. Be real man. Come on.' So I don't know, I'm hoping for the best for him."

The Lions' scouts, as well as the personnel departments of the other 31 NFL teams, were well aware of Young's character issues coming out of Boise State. Perhaps the experience with the troubled receiver finally will lead to a tightening of the screws in Detroit.

not exactly giving me a warm and fuzzy

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well, just have Steven Jackson beat his ass one time, and I'm sure he'll fall right in line.

Jackson [after pummeling Titus]: "We have an understanding now?"
Titus: "Yes sir."

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
iced said:
not exactly giving me a warm and fuzzy

Me either. I wonder if we can medicate him? :lmao:

jap

Legend
X said:
Well, just have Steven Jackson beat his ass one time, and I'm sure he'll fall right in line.

Jackson [after pummeling Titus]: "We have an understanding now?"
Titus: "Yes sir."

. . . or we can always get the strongest man on the team, Michael "The Incredible Brock" Brockers, to offer him a few love taps with those huge arms. :twisted:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Seems to be a common trait in more than a few talented WRs. Lets see how many I can come up with off the top of my head...

Brandon Marshall
T.O.
Moss
Ocho
Steve Smith (Carolina)
There's more

Maybe this is a good sign?

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Sounds like he just needs a hug.

I'm sure Finnegan will oblige him.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Young's situation is like the old joke about how many psychiatrists does it take to change a light bulb.

Just one, but only if the light bulb wants to change.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Naw, this is just Lions' management working with local press to prep the Detroit public for what was to come. I totally discount the story.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I have no problem with players having mental issues....Just prefer it to be in Linebackers.