Titus Young getting cut already?!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Lot's of places reporting rumors of Young being cut...and the Rams are staying silent when asked.

Hmmm....

nighttrain

Legend
reported by same guy that said RGIII was a cornball black man, what ever that is, but itt got him fired from ESPN.

lets here what Fisher has to say at 1 pm
train

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
nighttrain said:
reported by same guy that said RGIII was a cornball black man, what ever that is, but itt got him fired from ESPN.

lets here what Fisher has to say at 1 pm
train

I don't know the guy...but like I said, the Rams are denying or confirming it...which usually means it's true. But I'm with ya, I'm interested to see what Fisher says about it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Anyone else wonder if maybe Walton came in and filled in the Rams on more details about Titus? Details that couldn't be worked around? Gotta wonder.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
RamFan503 said:
Anyone else wonder if maybe Walton came in and filled in the Rams on more details about Titus? Details that couldn't be worked around? Gotta wonder.

He hasn't came out and said anything publicly about coming here. Who knows what's up.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Maybe he failed his physical. Thought I remember something about Young putting off some needed surgery ?

bluecoconuts

Legend
We'll have to see what happens. Obviously something came up that they didn't like. Unless of course this is all bullshit. Maybe Amendola's agent's words pissed him off, who knows.

I never got attached to him in the first place, so it's fine with me.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Its official Titus Young released. Fisher will speak about during conference about hiring of Tim Walton today.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
RamFan503 said:
Since we are speculating, I'd go with this ^^^^

jap

Legend
No Megatron for the Rams? I could just kill myself! :cry: :lmao:

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
He basically said in the conference they put a claim in on him so they could interview him, spent 5 days talking with him, and decided to move on.

This organization is on top of things. I'm glad they are exploring all avenues to better the team. They also have the knowledge and experience to know when to take a chance and when not to. A very smart safe move.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well that was memorable. :neh:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Wow! That guy must be a serious idiot.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

nighttrain

Legend
Username said:
RamFan503 said:

He hasn't came out and said anything publicly about coming here. Who knows what's up.

I call Walton making a call that Fisher would trust, one that says Young is a cancer, a big, no huge possibility, and probable
train

nighttrain

Legend
TomSlick said:
Dang...Yesterday I spent 50 bucks for a Titus Young Rams Jersey on Amazon.

you ahhhh, might want to see somebody, ya know for a little help :cheese:
train

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ASSOCIATED PRESS

Titus Young, the 2011 second-round draft pick who lasted less than two years with the Lions, has now lasted less than two weeks with the Rams.

Rams coach Jeff Fisher confirmed today that the Rams have waived Young, ten days after they picked him up off waivers from Detroit. Fisher declined to get into specifics, but he said that after spending a few days with Young at the team facilities, the Rams’ coaching staff decided he wasn’t a good fit.

“We felt Titus is better suited for another organization,” Fisher said.

Reading between the lines in Fisher’s comments, it sounds like the same attitude problems that plagued Young’s career in Detroit cropped up again during his brief stay in St. Louis.

“We felt like by claiming Titus we would have the opportunity to spend a good deal of time with him,” Fisher said. “We spent that time with him, we spent probably four or five days with him, and as an organization, at the end of the interview process, you might call it, we felt it was best to go in another direction.”

Fisher described Young as “an outstanding young talent” and made clear that there were no injury or health issues, which pretty much leaves the off-field concerns as the only reason the Rams wouldn’t want him.

Although he showed flashes of talent with the Lions, Young proved to be more trouble than he was worth. Penalties and talk that he wasn’t working enough in practice plagued his rookie season, and in his second year with the team he stepped up his trouble-making by sucker-punching teammate Louis Delmas in practice, and by purposely lining up in the wrong spot on the field to protest his belief that the Lions were throwing too many passes to Calvin Johnson and not enough to Young.

The Rams were the only team to put in a waiver claim for Young, and now the Rams have decided they don’t want him, either. At this point, the odds seem good that the 23-year-old Young has played his last NFL game

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well...bye. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Titus.