Titus Young benched for head-butting Janoris Jenkins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The League editor
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... is-jenkins

[nfl]0ap2000000060106[/nfl]

Detroit Lions wide receiver Titus Young got in trouble last season for bouts of immaturity, including a punch thrown against the New Orleans Saints in the regular season.

Young was also briefly told to stay away from the team this offseason when he "sucker punched" his own teammate safety Louis Delmas.

Since then, we've heard the usual puff pieces that he's matured. That lasted until the season opened. Young got into a back-and-forth with St. Louis Rams rookie cornerback Janoris Jenkins, a player the Detroit News said was "talking more than a rookie ought to throughout the game."

Young's response: He head-butted Jenkins and was given an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

"He and a couple of guys were going back and forth, and the whole thing was right in front of me," Lions coach Jim Schwartz said. "It looked like he was going to do the right thing and walk away, but at the last second he turned and made a really dumb decision."

Schwartz benched Young at the start of the third quarter, but the second-year pro returned midway through the quarter. It wouldn't be a surprise if Young got an envelope from the NFL later this week.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Hahahaha I love this shit! The whole defense was talking man.

This secondary is really going to get in some players head. They were in Staffords head, that's for sure.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Username said:
Hahahaha I love this shit! The whole defense was talking man.

This secondary is really going to get in some players head. They were in Staffords head, that's for sure.
U gyot damn rite.

Even Laurinaitis was jawing all game at players. He even slapped the shit out of someone's helmet after a tackle at one point, and I laughed my ass off. I thought, "Holy shit (lol) look at JL55 jackin' heads all of a sudden." I love the attitude these guys have now. This is going to be a really good team eventually, and I'm gonna enjoy watching it unfold.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
X said:
By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The League editor
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... is-jenkins

[nfl]0ap2000000060106[/nfl]

Detroit Lions wide receiver Titus Young got in trouble last season for bouts of immaturity, including a punch thrown against the New Orleans Saints in the regular season.

Young was also briefly told to stay away from the team this offseason when he "sucker punched" his own teammate safety Louis Delmas.

Since then, we've heard the usual puff pieces that he's matured. That lasted until the season opened. Young got into a back-and-forth with St. Louis Rams rookie cornerback Janoris Jenkins, a player the Detroit News said was "talking more than a rookie ought to throughout the game."
Young's response: He head-butted Jenkins and was given an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

"He and a couple of guys were going back and forth, and the whole thing was right in front of me," Lions coach Jim Schwartz said. "It looked like he was going to do the right thing and walk away, but at the last second he turned and made a really dumb decision."

Schwartz benched Young at the start of the third quarter, but the second-year pro returned midway through the quarter. It wouldn't be a surprise if Young got an envelope from the NFL later this week.
Yeah he was doing a lot of things more than a "rookie ought" like breaking up passes and intercepting passes at the goal line and killing LONG drives.
If Jenkins keeps playing like that,a lot of people are going to have to listen to him talk smack :cheese:

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
was thrilled to see the D playing aggressive and walking the walk. But they didnt maintain that for all 4 quarters. The offense needs to have that same kind of swagger, but they don't... not yet.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who are these trash talking thugs? Holy crap, its the Rams! :cool: