Titans Safety Michael Griffin On The Trade Block?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Playmaker

The Tennessee Titans have signed S George Wilson and today signed S Bernard Pollard. Both of these guys are starting Safeties (Wilson with the Bills, Pollard with the Ravens). So one has to wonder if the Titans are privately shopping starting Safety Michael Griffin? He was drafted while Jeff Fisher was the Head Coach in Tennessee and had his best seasons with Fisher.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I think Strictly cap Position I think they would pass on him since the draft is extremely deep at the safety position its all about the Benjamin's in this situation , but he is good in my opinion.
Would need to have a contract deal discussion w/ him before doing a trade. And if that was possible only a 4th I would Surrender a fourth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I was just looking over raw data, and it appears the Titans picked up two safeties for good reason. Michael Griffin was pretty horrible last year if you look only at the numbers. 66 tackles and 22 missed tackles. So out of 88 attempts, he missed a quarter of his tackles. And according to PFF, he ranked positively (+.10 or better) in two games and negatively (-.10 or worse) in 10. And sometimes VERY poorly.

I don't know what that means to the avid Titans watcher, but it doesn't look all that encouraging to me.

Does that mean he sucks? Nah. He could probably benefit from a new environment and new coaching.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
The Dude said:
I was just looking over raw data, and it appears the Titans picked up two safeties for good reason. Michael Griffin was pretty horrible last year if you look only at the numbers. 66 tackles and 22 missed tackles. So out of 88 attempts, he missed a quarter of his tackles. And according to PFF, he ranked positively (+.10 or better) in two games and negatively (-.10 or worse) in 10. And sometimes VERY poorly.

I don't know what that means to the avid Titans watcher, but it doesn't look all that encouraging to me.

Does that mean he sucks? Nah. He could probably benefit from a new environment and new coaching.

Just asking, but did Tennessee use the same defense as Fisher's? I just wondered.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ljramsfan said:
The Dude said:

Just asking, but did Tennessee use the same defense as Fisher's? I just wondered.
Dunno. Probably pretty close.
Both use a 4-3, and Jerry Gray is a Gregg Williams disciple, who's a Jeff Fisher disciple, who's a Buddy Ryan disciple.

Playmaker

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
ljramsfan said:

The Titans pass rush (and defense as a whole) has fallen off since Fisher's last year in Tennesse back in 2010.

nighttrain

Legend
The Dude said:

and if he's a late cut, which I suspect, vet minimum on a 1 year deal..we give up nothing, and if we cut in preseason, little to be lost in money
train

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Playmaker said:
The Tennessee Titans have signed S George Wilson and today signed S Bernard Pollard. Both of these guys are starting Safeties (Wilson with the Bills, Pollard with the Ravens). So one has to wonder if the Titans are privately shopping starting Safety Michael Griffin? He was drafted while Jeff Fisher was the Head Coach in Tennessee and had his best seasons with Fisher.

No no no no no no griffen is horrible the only time he's been successful is when Albert haynesworth was causing havoc upfront and then it was onlu in interceptions.. You ask him to tackle good luck griffen is soft and gets his takles busted alot

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Rabid Ram said:
Playmaker said:

No no no no no no griffen is horrible the only time he's been successful is when Albert haynesworth was causing havoc upfront and then it was onlu in interceptions.. You ask him to tackle good luck griffen is soft and gets his takles busted alot

But we Got Brockers & Langford, so it could work

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Mikkel career stats

Tackles 636
Sacks 8.0
INTs 12
Forced Fumbles 16
Pass Deflections 53
Stats at NFL.com

Griffen

Tackles 468
sacks 3.0
Ints 21
Forced fumbles 9
Pass Deflections 44
Stats at NFL.com

Id rather have mikell back then pay griffen or draft a rookie.

Griff was a 1st round pick that never performed up to his hype