Titans franchise S Michael Griffin

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Which obviously means that Finnegan can begin again. (I'm on fire today)

PFF had him rated as the third best corner in the league last year. He's expected to command a salary of $6-8M per year, and the Rams have so-so cap space + a need at corner (probably). The Rams aren't the only possible suitor either, but with his history with Fisher and his statement that he'd be happy to play for him again gives us the edge. Still have to wonder how the Rams can fit him in under the cap and still have room to pursue other free agents.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
IDK if these numbers are 100% accurate, but I have read Bartell is due just over 7 million this year. If we cut him, the cap hit would be about 1.5 million.

So if Finnigan can be signed for 6-8 million and we save about 5.5 mill from cutting Bartell, it ultimately comes down to "is Finnigan a .5 - 2.5 million dollar upgrade to Bartell. Coming off the vertebra injury I think he is.

Also I read somewhere that DeMarco Farr reports Rams have a plan to triple the cap space. From 11 to about 30 million. Through cutting and restructuring certain player. Also not sure how accurate that is.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah I don't know about that number for Finnegan either. That's changing the more I look at it. I read elsewhere that he's looking for around $10M a year.