Tip for those attending training camp

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

theduke

Rookie
Camp Reporter
1. The team only scrimmages on one side of the field or the other. The offense practices on the side closest to the entrance, and the defense practices on the far side.

2. The team enters and leaves TC through the corner of the defense's field that is on your left if you are standing at the entrance. Players typically sign autographs before leaving the practice field around 5:00-5:45 p.m.

3. If you're trying to figure out where the majority of the 11-on-11 scrimmages will be held, take a look at the really, really tall camera lifts. Usually, only the lifts on the side where the scrimmage takes place will be up.

4. WR Tavon Austin likes to wear #1 instead of #11 in TC.

5. LB Connor Barwin is a beast wearing #98.

6. Check out OT Andrew Whitworth at #77. He is even bigger!

7. Keep on the lookout for guys like Stedman Bailey and Aaron Donald, who can be seen roaming the perimeter.

8. Mike Thomas will now be in #88 while TE Gerald Everett wears #81 now.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  1. That young, quiet blond kid sure throws a mean football!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
7. Keep on the lookout for guys like Stedman Bailey and Aaron Donald, who can be seen roaming the perimeter.
I haven't heard of any Aaron Donald sighting, have you!?
Thanks for the uni numbers, I hadn't heard of these changes yet!

bnw

Pro Bowler
1. The team only scrimmages on one side of the field or the other. The offense practices on the side closest to the entrance, and the defense practices on the far side.

2. The team enters and leaves TC through the corner of the defense's field that is on your left if you are standing at the entrance. Players typically sign autographs before leaving the practice field around 5:00-5:45 p.m.

3. If you're trying to figure out where the majority of the 11-on-11 scrimmages will be held, take a look at the really, really tall camera lifts. Usually, only the lifts on the side where the scrimmage takes place will be up.

4. WR Tavon Austin likes to wear #1 instead of #11 in TC.

5. LB Connor Barwin is a beast wearing #98.

6. Check out OT Andrew Whitworth at #77. He is even bigger!

That is outstanding info for TC first timers. You've likely done more for your fellow fans in attendance than even the team.(y)

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Good to know the cameras are still an indicator of which field will be used for 11 on 11. Last year I thought it was cameras for hardknocks, I guess it makes sense that the team would use the lifts for their own cameras.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I decided to spin down for practice on Friday, since my schedule at work doesn't support going tomorrow. So appreciate the basics provided.

Last year the parking was in the structure (the one about 5 levels high) right next to the fields, is that still the case?

Anyway I'll be wearing my Faulk jersey on Friday and will keep an eye out for my fellow RODers. Pumped up man, and I hope they'll be in pads grr.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good to know the cameras are still an indicator of which field will be used for 11 on 11. Last year I thought it was cameras for hardknocks, I guess it makes sense that the team would use the lifts for their own cameras.

Speaking of team cameras, you hear McVay reference "checking the tape" on players' performances during practice quite a bit during interviews. And what's interesting to me is I have a feeling this guy and this staff really dissect it and get into the details for their next day's teaching/coaching. No real proof there, granted, just a feeling I get irt how he talks about it.