Tina Fey

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

beer belly

UDFA
I have a question..or a thought that came to mind watching TV and seeing one of many Tina Fey commercials.

to start off, yes I would love to

But the thought was...if S Palin didnt bomb on all those interviews, or better yet...was never chosen as Mccains running mate and just blew the doors off the idiot room, sat down and called it home. Would Tina Fey be as famous, without her Palin impersonations in those SNL skits?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, she'd be as famous. She's done other things that advanced her career. Not the least of which is 30 Rock.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
30 Rock was brilliant. One of my fave shows. Parks and Rec is/was another good one.....

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
are you a Offic space fan as well?

You mean the movie? Hell yes. Love that movie. If you are referring to The Office TV show, then yes...I thought it was well written also.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
are you a Offic space fan as well?

When in the hell did you get here? Damn....they let anyone in........:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And it is good to see you. I still go over there but this place is so much more upbeat. I spend a lot more time over here.......

beer belly

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
boom..Im over here because I got sick of watching paint dry on RRF.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
boom..Im over here because I got sick of watching paint dry on RRF.

A few of the "old timers" just have a negative perspective that they need to try to spread to others. I respect they have the right to feel that way.....but I don't have to. And in the real world there really are very few experts.....but that doesn't stop them from dolling out their 75 cents...(because only 2 cents wouldn't be enough....). I want to enjoy my team....even when there might only be a few things to enjoy. Give me my time and perspective. This place is so closer to the old RRF. When half of most of the lines in a thread were one liners and such. But the political discussions ran off so many good posters and polarized so many.
This place goes back to those better kind of times. PhxRam and X have built a great site and enjoy running it the way they want to. And it comes across. It's a chore to tip toe around the land minds that have been set up to capture or kill. And it's too bad. I still believe I have a good relationship w/ a lot of folks over there........but they will have to do something drastic to get back to where they were. And I really don't see it happening.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
A few of the "old timers" just have a negative perspective that they need to try to spread to others. I respect they have the right to feel that way.....but I don't have to. And in the real world there really are very few experts.....but that doesn't stop them from dolling out their 75 cents...(because only 2 cents wouldn't be enough....). I want to enjoy my team....even when there might only be a few things to enjoy. Give me my time and perspective. This place is so closer to the old RRF. When half of most of the lines in a thread were one liners and such. But the political discussions ran off so many good posters and polarized so many.
This place goes back to those better kind of times. PhxRam and X have built a great site and enjoy running it the way they want to. And it comes across. It's a chore to tip toe around the land minds that have been set up to capture or kill. And it's too bad. I still believe I have a good relationship w/ a lot of folks over there........but they will have to do something drastic to get back to where they were. And I really don't see it happening.

It was originally started to be the anti-RamsTalk. Most of the founding members came from that site. The political discussions were entirely my fault because Rev tried to argue me out of it but I wouldn't listen. Lesson learned but the damage was done. I'm not a good leader but neither is he, for different reasons. It all begins at the top and rolls downhill.

Here we accentuate the positive and minimize the negative. We have good leadership in Phx and -X-. Plus there's a solid core of members who are vigilant to keep this site steered in the right direction. No forum/board is perfect but this one has a chance to be something special.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
It was originally started to be the anti-RamsTalk. Most of the founding members came from that site. The political discussions were entirely my fault because Rev tried to argue me out of it but I wouldn't listen. Lesson learned but the damage was done. I'm not a good leader but neither is he, for different reasons. It all begins at the top and rolls downhill.

Here we accentuate the positive and minimize the negative. We have good leadership in Phx and -X-. Plus there's a solid core of members who are vigilant to keep this site steered in the right direction. No forum/board is perfect but this one has a chance to be something special.
It already is special.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave

I personally love that there's a no politics rule here. Politics tend to just take our board when hopefully we're coming in with the same base idea (we *heart* Rams) and then divide us. If people want to talk politics, there's plenty of boards for that.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
just so slow...not much goes on there.
Yeah RamBill sometimes has the last post on half the front page,I don't ever go there since they shut down their politics board, but I almost never posted on their football board , it was hard to tell which of them was more rancorous which I don't mind when it comes to politics but football isn't worth it,I've seen people actually try to align football board in near party line ways Zn at the Huddle was terrible about it (shudder what a tool ) .
Anyway BB I miss your selfie avatar, bring it back once in a while it fits ya better than the one ya got now.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome

I don't think you guys were at fault. You tried to give people the benifit of the doubt of being adults and some had to push it too far. Plus politics is like religion and I still love the line from Dogma about it (From Chris Rock....loosely paraphrased) "People will fight over beliefs, but a idea..... people will listen to".
Now I am surprised about the General Discussion forum alias (the Anti-Rams forum....). My wife and me used to close the place down on a regular basis but even that got a couple of pair of panties in a bind. And all we were doing is trivia and ad lib.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I don't think you guys were at fault. You tried to give people the benifit of the doubt of being adults and some had to push it too far. Plus politics is like religion and I still love the line from Dogma about it (From Chris Rock....loosely paraphrased) "People will fight over beliefs, but a idea..... people will listen to".
Now I am surprised about the General Discussion forum alias (the Anti-Rams forum....). My wife and me used to close the place down on a regular basis but even that got a couple of pair of panties in a bind. And all we were doing is trivia and ad lib.

Sorry about the threadjack @beer belly.

What bothers me the most about RRF, other than the fact that I was banned from the very place I founded, is that it fell apart the way that it did. In the beginning we bragged about how we were so much better than Rams Talk and then became what we hated. Irony is not a strong enough word. Still, experience is a good teacher. You learn your lessons and move on, hopefully a better person.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Ah....BB will get over it........And for the record.... I like Tina Fey.
Actually it was him that drew the whole board together last year w/ the "Favorite Poster" campaign. It was ingenius. He had a contest between posters based on post counts (it was right around March Madness and he bracketed everyone....) and ran w/ it in such a hilarious way. It worked. I thought it would be invitation to a Butt Hurt, but the way he ran it and how he frameworked what was expected....people took it w/ such a different perspective. It actually brought everyone together....but alas it couldn't last forever and this board certainly catches that better time vibe.
X is my type of screwup (remember I actually broke a thread once.......At RRF....) and of course..... "He's the Dude....!" And PhxRam justs wants everyone to be cool and have a good time. And the rank and file are pretty knowledgable and cool about new members. And of course you w/ your laid back, "We're all adults here.....well....except for you, you.....and you over there......but that's too be expected......and as long as no one steps on anyone's feet....(too bad....) it's cool".