Time to settle the war!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I thought you were going to ask about lemon jelly or lemon filling.

Because it's definitely jelly.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Ferragamo was always my favorite when I was growing up and he quickly became a fan favorite but man, was he frustrating. I'd love to have seen him get coached up by the likes of an Arians or somesuch.

Mentioning Haden, I'm having a hard time deciding if Ryan Fitzpatrick or Austin Davis is the closer modern day equivalent? I think Haden had it from the neck up but just didn't have the physical tools. Hard to think of Fitz and Davis in that regard.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Haden. He made short cool WAY before Flutie and WAY WAY before Wilson.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I thought you were going to ask about lemon jelly or lemon filling.

Because it's definitely jelly.
I tried to be neutral and say it was lemon jelly filling.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Look,

This has divided us for WAY too long. We need to settle it once and for all, and then, if it ever comes up again, we can say "Well, you're entitled to your opinion, but we already settled this!" and just squash it from the get go.

So pick a side, commit, and let's get this done!

Ferragamo or Haden?
Ferragamo!!!

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would have made this a poll if it hadn't ruined the joke... I think Ferragamo is winning slightly though.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That’s a tough one. Statistically speaking it’s darn close, if you believe in QB ratings Ferragamo had a 70.1 and Haden had a 69.6 not so great and their TD/INT were horrible. Being a teenager back then I remember always leaning towards Ferragamo but now I find myself leaning towards Haden, brains over beauty, c’mon you got to admit Ferragamo was a handsome man:LOL:
732817f81191bf059744f0d2367d0a81.jpg

moklerman

Warner-phile
That’s a tough one. Statistically speaking it’s darn close, if you believe in QB ratings Ferragamo had a 70.1 and Haden had a 69.6 not so great and their TD/INT were horrible. Being a teenager back then I remember always leaning towards Ferragamo but now I find myself leaning towards Haden, brains over beauty, c’mon you got to admit Ferragamo was a handsome man:LOL:
While I agree their respective passer ratings weren't impressive, a big part of that was the philosophy of the time. Especially the Rams. Run, run and then pass on 3rd down. Maybe. Usually if it was a long situation. So, long yardage in a predictable situation as a big chunk of one's passing attempts is going to skew the numbers downward.

But Ferragamo was the perfect L.A. QB in that he was movie star handsome and a bit of an underdog story when he played in the Super Bowl.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ferragamo was the man
My first Rams game live was 1978 Rams at New York Giants. Haden was the QB, I remember it looking liek he was trying to throw a nerf ball in a windstorm...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
732817f81191bf059744f0d2367d0a81.jpg
I personally think Roman Gabriel was better looking, But I have no photos of him without his Helmet on to prove it!

moklerman

Warner-phile
I personally think Roman Gabriel was better looking, But I have no photos of him without his Helmet on to prove it!
Rams have often had movie-star like QB's. Waterfield, Gabriel, Ferragamo, Everett even Warner. I think all of them appeared in movies and tv as a matter of fact.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Rams have often had movie-star like QB's. Waterfield, Gabriel, Ferragamo, Everett even Warner. I think all of them appeared in movies and tv as a matter of fact.
You Forgot Merlin Olsen!:D

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I tried to be neutral and say it was lemon jelly filling.
But see... that's exactly what it is. Even @-X- knows that deep in his heart of hearts. Truth is he even admitted it to me in a moment of weakness. He's such a softy. :cool:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What about Joe Pendelton?