Time to sell high on Quick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Ya that will work can't catch and I'm sure he doesn't even know the play book yet. Where do you guys come up with this stuff. We have no one that can play outside right now but he'll get rid of the only ones that can.

If you go with Goff you might as well go with Thomas .

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mike Thomas can catch. Not sure where you get that he can't.
And he wouldn't be playing if he didn't know the playbook.
Woulda had a TD too, if Keenum saw him one second earlier (3rd read).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd09SFQwRy8

See this is why I've had enough of case. There was no reason to overshoot the endzone. Why didn't he lead him towards the middle of the endzone towards the posts where a gaping hole in the defense was available? Only Thomas would have been able to get to it. It only needed a yard to the inside. Frustrating.

…..

Legend
He's in a walking boot

He's got the Danny Amendola injury thing down cold.
Someone ought to tell him that we need some of the Danny Amendola production though

Wow....did not know that. Was curious to see him play. Now he's starting to appear to be roster fodder. I know we are all crazed to see the kid in game action but in retrospect, its all based on one pre season game and a boatload of hope.

Its no fun to have a shiny new toy sittin on the shelf.....and I'm not talking about Goff.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
See this is why I've had enough of case. There was no reason to overshoot the endzone. Why didn't he lead him towards the middle of the endzone towards the posts where a gaping hole in the defense was available? Only Thomas would have been able to get to it. It only needed a yard to the inside. Frustrating.

Yeah, I get that. But be prepared to be equally as frustrated with Goff when he gets in there. I don't intend to show all of his shitty throws or shitty reads, and I know that he'll get some latitude because he's the future, but it won't be pretty early on.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I get that. But be prepared to be equally as frustrated with Goff when he gets in there. I don't intend to show all of his crappy throws or crappy reads, and I know that he'll get some latitude because he's the future, but it won't be pretty early on.

True. And even the best qbs have bad throws here and there but they also make a lot of great throws and a lot for tds. The expectation is Goff will learn from his mistakes and get better each time he hits the field. Case is what he is and the likelihood of him getting better than that is minimal. Goff's potential improvement is off the charts. I don't want him making dumb mistakes next season so the best way to minimise that outcome is to start him now and let him take his lumps. Rams are going nowhere with case, don't understand why the need to persist with him.

gogoat1

Starter
Name
Troy
Ummmmmmmmm....... NO. The Rams need to sign both Quick and Britt before the season ends. A team with a real QB and OC would put them to very good use.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So rumors are that the Bears will take a mid rounder for Alshon Jeffrey.
If Jeffrey is only worth a mid rounder, what could Quick possibly be worth?

ram007

Starter
Are we atleast guaranteed to get back a bag of
175012912.jpg

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ummmmmmmmm....... NO. The Rams need to sign both Quick and Britt before the season ends. A team with a real QB and OC would put them to very good use.

I might take an axe to my computer, or something similarly violent, if that happens. Fortunately I give that a very low chance of occurring. We will most likely have a new coach, who hopefully would prefer a FA who could run the right route on a consistent basis vice giving us a constant roller coaster ride of production.

They've already extended Tavon, which is a questionable enough decision. Now you're saying to extend the other two parts of the league's worst passing game? I am not a fan of giving players who "figure it out" in their contract season big money, typically that's a recipe for bad contracts. If this team doesn't win, I don't want to see either of those clowns in horns.

So rumors are that the Bears will take a mid rounder for Alshon Jeffrey.
If Jeffrey is only worth a mid rounder, what could Quick possibly be worth?

If some team gets Jeffery for a mid rounder the Bears need to fire their GM. Ownership of the player is key because you can keep him via the tag. Bears will get a round 3 pick regardless if they elect to let him walk, so why not hold onto him, franchise him again and get him moved for a round 1 pick even if it takes into the offseason to get it done. That's what I expect to happen at least.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I get that. But be prepared to be equally as frustrated with Goff when he gets in there. I don't intend to show all of his crappy throws or crappy reads, and I know that he'll get some latitude because he's the future, but it won't be pretty early on.

Case has an irritating tendency to be late on his passes to the middle of the field. I don't know if that is because of his reads being so heavy on the outside/short stuff, or what, but he's been late a lot to the TEs too.

We might well end up being equally frustrated with Goff, no way to know right now. But I will say that his skill set includes a demonstrated ability to quickly read and dish that ball all over the joint, on time. He is much more of a natural passer and once he gets in there he's not going to need too long before it starts to really show.

I'll predict right now that once he gets in there our TE production will make a big jump. Throws over the middle in general will too, as he has the ability to kill a defense all over the field.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If some team gets Jeffery for a mid rounder the Bears need to fire their GM. Ownership of the player is key because you can keep him via the tag. Bears will get a round 3 pick regardless if they elect to let him walk, so why not hold onto him, franchise him again and get him moved for a round 1 pick even if it takes into the offseason to get it done. That's what I expect to happen at least.
Makes sense to me
If they get a 3rd rounder for him signing elsewhere why trade him, unless its for a player they covet

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
If Case wasn't late that would have been six. Thomas was wide open and that was one helluva catch; he might be ready to step it up and help us out.

Question is can he run the right route when the game's on the line? Because that's the kind of thing this team needs from its wideouts.
I agree with you on Thomas, the dude is a great athlete and needs to be given a chance , he has a higher ceiling than Marquez

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Mike Thomas can catch. Not sure where you get that he can't.
And he wouldn't be playing if he didn't know the playbook.
Woulda had a TD too, if Keenum saw him one second earlier (3rd read).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd09SFQwRy8
I thought this was an easy TD throw that was missed...Changes the game.

Humor me here. It probably would never happen, but what if a team offered a 3rd rounder in April's draft for Quick?
Would you take it?
No chance he gets a 3rd round offer...But if so, you do it...IF Mike Thomas is indeed ready & you don't plan on re-signing Quick...
I personally think they'll have trouble re-signing Britt.

Now you're saying to extend the other two parts of the league's worst passing game? I am not a fan of giving players who "figure it out" in their contract season big money, typically that's a recipe for bad contracts. If this team doesn't win, I don't want to see either of those clowns in horns.
Your blame of the passing game is off....Keenum is the primary reason for one of the leagues worst passing offenses....not the receivers.

Case has an irritating tendency to be late on his passes
Late, inaccurate, and stares down his targets. His lack of velocity is irritating as well.

I'm of the opine that Britt, Quick, and Mike Thomas can take this offense to the next level...WITH THE RIGHT QB.

we need to keep them all together....esp. as long as we have Groh working with them...Hopefully Higbee & Kendricks can step up.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Your blame of the passing game is off....Keenum is the primary reason for one of the leagues worst passing offenses....not the receivers.

I don't disagree that Case is part of the problem, from the perspective that he is limited in pure passing ability. But those receivers are not anything special and cannot be counted on week to week to give us the consistency we need from the position to have a good passing game. None of them are special outside of Tavon, who is also limited and who probably won't be fully utilized until Goff gets integrated under center.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
those receivers are not anything special and cannot be counted on week to week to give us the consistency we need from the position to have a good passing game. None of them are special outside of Tavon
In total yards, Kenny Britt is just outside the top 10, at 11th. http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/receiving/sort/receivingYards In ypg, Kenny is 15th...
In yards per receptions Brian Quick is 8th
http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/receiving/sort/yardsPerReception
They also have a pretty good catch percentage as far as targets are concerned. In these areas...our receivers are indeed, special.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Can't sell high on an impending UFA.

Maybe a Brandon Marshall type where a contender is looking for a WR to put them over the top.
This. Who the hell would trade for quick especially with him being a UFA half way after this season?

I still can't believe we have never added any proven and reliable WR talent in Boldin, Smith, or Marshall which we could of had in the last few seasons. I see complaints about all of them but even with all those they still would be the most productive and best quality receiver we've had since Big Game Holt.

That's a fact unless you think Dane Looker was awesome

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In total yards, Kenny Britt is just outside the top 10, at 11th. http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/receiving/sort/receivingYards In ypg, Kenny is 15th...
In yards per receptions Brian Quick is 8th
http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/receiving/sort/yardsPerReception
They also have a pretty good catch percentage as far as targets are concerned. In these areas...our receivers are indeed, special.

Let's wait and see how it looks at season's end. I'll be more than glad to eat crow if they're both anywhere near top 15 in anything.

lockdnram21

Legend
I am not a fan of giving players who "figure it out" in their contract season big money, typically that's a recipe for bad contracts. If this team doesn't win, I don't want to see either of those clowns in horns.

Qb bas been holding them back... I want both back but at least 1..

gogoat1

Starter
Name
Troy
I mean, all you people who what to give up on Quick for say, a 6th rounder are dumb as rocks.
The Rams have a poor QB and terrible offensive coaching. Who has this group ever developed ? Even Fisher ?
The team is not disciplined on the field and it shows.
I am worried about Goff having to be coached by these knobs. What is their track record on developing offensive talent ?
They can not even get the extremely talented Gurly going.
I for one do not think the group of Britt, Quick, Tavon, Kendricks, Gurly is not near as bad as some think. Why cant our coaches find ways to get the 6'3" tandem, fast, agile to play like it. Why cant they find ways to get the ball to Tavon without everyone one defense knowing what is about to happen ? They are all over him. These coaches suck.
I am sick of seeing Gurly get the ball out of the shotgun where he can not get any head of steam going. I want to see a "I" formation, 7 years deep with a real fullback. Like Dickerson did. Or at least like Faulk did with the "T" formation and a fullback. Why dont the run behind GRob and Saffold more.
This is how dumb our offensive coaches are. That play at the end of the half vs Detroit was the worst. It was Dick Vermiel, Marty Shottenhimer dumb. DV never won a thing without Martz. In 98 he called all the plays and it was horrible. I knew as a fan what was comming 60% or better. What do you think the DCs knew.
All of this "JUMBO" package. All your big guys, bunched up, no WRs, nothing spread out, no attempt to fool anyone, make them think, defend the outside spaces.
Martz did not do that stuff. He gave Marshal room to work. He had 2-3 WRs on goal line plays. Spread it out. Made them defend open space. Falk got the ball on the left side, a little cut to the right and cut back left right behind Pace. TOUCHDOWN. How many times did we see that ?? I am telling you all, this thing about giving the ball to RBs out of the shotgun is idiotic.
You can not go Martyball. Why do think he never won anything. "Everyone in the stadium knows what we are going to do and we are going to shove it down their throat" (Martyball) DV only won with Martz and only had success in KC because he took his system to KC. Even Bill BeliCHEAT trys to make opposing DCs think.
You "might" be able to get away with goal line bunched up JUMBO package bullchit if you have a dominate O line like the Rams did in the 70s and 80s. But we do not. (thats a whole other rant, think about our defense with K Mack instead of Grob at LT. A ton of guys can play as bad a GRob does for us)
Come on folks, Who has Fisher ever developed on O. What is the pedigree of our OC and QB coach ? They are merely Fisher "yes" men. Fisher lackeys. If real big time NFL coaches had our guys we would have at least 2 more wins and be in the thick of it.
Do you want Goff and Gurly developed by Fisher and his knownothings ?

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Quick would have 2 more TD's last game if Keenum could throw the ball. You have no idea what any receiver would do with our QB and tháts a Fact