Time to rally around Shaun Hill

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Teran

UDFA
Hill doesn't have the fastball of Bradford, but he has much better touch.
My biggest knock on Bradford was that his balls were always high and fast. He wasn't able to change up the speed on the short routes where the ball needs to be number level with touch to match the pace of the receiver. Too many drops from Bradford were when he put it above the should pads at hand stinging speed.
Hill has problems with 18yd sideline passes and his distance is shorter but his touch will likely help some of our receivers like Austin, RBs, and TEs on shorter plays. You don't have to take the top off a defense to soften up for the run game. If they stack the box then screens and quick release patterns are also effective. Hill is going to miss some passes that Bradford would be able to zing in there, but he will also be able to get more out of some of his passes by hitting crosses and tosses in stride.

lockdnram21

Legend
Im confident we can win with Hill.Our defense should keep us in every game. We are going to need a heavy dose of Cunningham and Stacy. I still see a 9 or 10 win season in reach

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
Hill throws a really nice ball with a soft touch. I like that about him. He has more finesse than Sam.

I don't think he will hold the team back. They were not built to ride on the Qb's back. They are deeper and more well rounded than that IMO.
They have a deep pool of Rb's to carry the team on O. The Rams were going to emphasize the run all along. Nothing has changed. I predict playoffs even without Sam.
I like to heAr a positive perspective

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
Hill has a good arm, and our offense is built for a run style of offense. If we were a passing style team...I would be more worried. I think he's a lot better than Clemons as arm strength to stretch the field, and overall accuracy. If Hill can play like Trent Dilfer when he was with the Buc's when they won the championship to just not turn the ball over. We have a chance with our defense to win games.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
The defense is going to have to be top five elite along with great special teams to have a chance of being over .500. Bradford was showing to be special in this offense with these players. Hill is not as good as Bradford but better than Clemens. But the Rams will have to win with him not because of him. Ugh this sucks so much!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Hill doesn't have the fastball of Bradford, but he has much better touch.
My biggest knock on Bradford was that his balls were always high and fast. He wasn't able to change up the speed on the short routes where the ball needs to be number level with touch to match the pace of the receiver. Too many drops from Bradford were when he put it above the should pads at hand stinging speed.
Hill has problems with 18yd sideline passes and his distance is shorter but his touch will likely help some of our receivers like Austin, RBs, and TEs on shorter plays. You don't have to take the top off a defense to soften up for the run game. If they stack the box then screens and quick release patterns are also effective. Hill is going to miss some passes that Bradford would be able to zing in there, but he will also be able to get more out of some of his passes by hitting crosses and tosses in stride.

I've been saying that exact thing about Bradford. He's been improving his touch, but Hill's is better. I'm not saying I'm glad we have Hill. That said, Hill does bring good things with him and is better than Bradford in some key areas like pocket mobility and short/medium area touch. Those things are important.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Look, it sucks. We'll make the playoffs with Hill but we're not going to win the Super Bowl like we were going to with Sam.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is how Shaun Hill faces adversity:

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Hill cant throw the deep ball like Bradford so the deep game will suffer. I just hope Hill trusts Quick and Britt like Bradford did. Clemens never trusted Quick and never looked his way.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hill cant throw the deep ball like Bradford so the deep game will suffer. I just hope Hill trusts Quick and Britt like Bradford did. Clemens never trusted Quick and never looked his way.
Well, Hill had Megatron to throw to, so he's probably used to throwing it up. If Quick can build on this preseason and show that any and all contested balls are his and his alone, then I'm sure Hill will have no problem looking his way.

A55VA6

Legend
A lot of people hate how Sam rarely takes shots down field, well Hill takes plenty of shots downfield. So those people will most likely be happy.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Here's something worth mentioning. In his career against the Rams, Shaun Hill is 4-0 and his team averaged 32.8 PPG over those 4 contests. Hill, himself, had 9 TDs to 3 Ints across those 4 starts.

With all the ass whoopings Hill laid on us, Hill will prove this year that he owed us one and put a bunch beatings on our opponents!

ViperLjs

Rookie
If we can outscore the playoff-worthy Saints and Colts by a combined 65-24, with Kellen Freakin' Clemens as our starting QB, we can do some damage with Hill. He's good enough to be a game manager at the very least, whereas Clemens directly cost us wins with poor decisions.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Stick with Hill. We probably won't make the playoffs, but we can still be respectable and young guys get better. Start over anew next yr.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Look, it sucks. We'll make the playoffs with Hill but we're not going to win the Super Bowl like we were going to with Sam.

couldn't agree more. sam hooking up with britt and quick, with the running game and d had superbowl written all over it. i'm still devastated.

this team is good enough to get to the playoffs with hill. the d will keep the rams in games and hill just needs to be efficient.

i didn't think the rams would win a game with clemens and they ended up going 4 and 5 with him. this is a better team, hill is a better qb.

still, i had superbowl aspirations this year and in the future with sam. crushing blow.

tonyl711

Starter
we did ok with KC and a bunch of rookies and second year players, Hill is an upgrade over KC and the WRs have a season under their belts so they should only get better, add in that Quick finally seems to be getting it and Britt coming on board, I think we still have the makings of a pretty good Offense.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
With Bradford I was hoping for 10-11 wins but now with Hill im hoping to get 7-8 wins...

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Hill will lead us to double-digit wins. Hill, along with a great defense, the twin towers of Quick and Britt, and a battering Ram of a RB corps. And I have no question that Sam will be there on the sidelines with his team the whole season long, loving (and hating) every second.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
He's started 26 games in his career, going 13-13.

8-8 this year, confirmed.

Actually he's 13-13 on some GAWD AWFUL teams,this should be the best team he's played for, WITH the best coaching ,I wouldn't assume he can't do better with the right people around him