Time to rally around Shaun Hill

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
If our defense plays as advertised and we can effectively run the ball on offense, Hill will be just fine. Not saying this team will win the Super Bowl, but I'm reminded of a team who won a Super Bowl with a great defense, good running game and a less than average QB (dilfer) a.k.a Baltimore Ravens.

Memphis Ram

Legend
On a positive note. Shaun Hill has a higher completion percentage and ypa average than Bradford.

Staying positive.

If Josh McCown can play well like he did last year after only playing significant snaps once in four seasons (didn't play at all in 2012), then I can't see any reason why Shaun Hill can't do it too.

jjab360

Legend
Staying positive.

If Josh McCown can play well like he did last year after only playing significant snaps once in four seasons (didn't play at all in 2012), then I can't see any reason why Shaun Hill can't do it too.
My thoughts exactly.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
What happens now.....is what happens now. Being upset over what might have been won't change things. And this is a team sport.

Go Rams!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This thread summed up in a picture:

kubler_ross.gif

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Let's not forget that Shaun Hill is MORE MOBILE than Bradford, even 13 years in.

That may help things. For all the upset, Hill may actually ADD things that Bradford doesn't bring. Not saying it's going to be a wash, but the Rams are far from sunk in all this...

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
have to start paying attention to college qb's this season to see whom the rams might draft. looking for sleepers , under the radar guys. the only aggravating thing is waiting another 2-3 years for a rookie qb to take over and lead the team. not sure how long Hill can play at a good level. lets hope the offensive line keeps mr hill safe for the season, as mr davis and/or mr gilbert dont seem quite ready for the nfl yet.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
As stated in another thread, I might be in the minority on this one, but I really believe that this team can still win games without Bradford. They did it last year with Clemens. And this year, the defense should be better as well as the backup QB.

Staying in the minority here, I really wish that Fisher and Vince Young could get together again. At least there you have a backup that can make plays with his feet and he at least has experience with Britt and Cook.

IMHO Vince Young is not an NFL caliber QB.

209RamsFan

7-9 record if we are lucky......time to move on Bros, Bradford is damaged goods....yes I know what it feels like to have major knee surgery ( years of weightlifting and jiu jitsu) will do that to you. ....and now, I'm feeling the after-effects.....bottom line , is the guy is as Fragile as my 401K....we will NEVER ever..win with him....why? He's injury prone....we can't let talent like Long, Laurinitaus, Quinn, etc go to waste...this is a, "what have you done for me lately" league....it's time to look for our future QB. With that being said,,,YES...I'm still gonna pull hard for the Rams...but let's be realistic. Really.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We will rally around Shaun Hill and WE WILL PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL!(y)(y)

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I really do think we can get somewhere even with Hill. If our D steps up a little bit, yes they might not be the 2000 Ravens D, but our offense will be better than theirs was which will even it out. Anyways, I really think we can do it. Shaun Hill? Yes, he's not Peyton freaking Manning but he is what he is. His career numbers aren't much different than what Trent Dilfer's stats that 2000 season are with mostly slight upgrades. Do I want to do it with Hill? No. Do I have a choice? No. But just like life, you take what it gives you sometimes and you work it into you overcome it.

1999 was once in a lifetime everything.... we not scoring over 500 points this year. Time to man up, strap your helmet on, and load your weapon because we're in for a hell of a fight..

Hill Stats avg. For Career
Various Teams: Games 37 Games Started 26 comp. 591 att 954 %61.9 Yards 6381 AVG TD 41 INT 23 Rating 85.9

Trent Dilfer Stats 2000:
2000BaltimoreGames 11Games started 8comp. 134att 226%59.3yards 1502Avg. 6.6TD 12INT 11
Rating 76.6

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
This team is built(ish). Let's just see how shit rolls.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Fuck it, I'm in. This is the most talented team we've had in the past 10 years. If the line can stay healthy, we can still win. Time for everyone to step their fucking game up, and for Shawn to take the reigns. As long as the team and coaches don't give up I wont either.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Minny made it to the playoffs in 2012 behind AP's 2000 yards and not much else. Certainly didn't get the WC because of Ponder