Time to point directly at Demoff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He is responsible as anyone else and if you read his bio, he lead an arena franchise and was a contributor to building an average Bucks team. Boy, that resume' has Perennial Contender/Superbowl Winning Architect written all over it. Some rather wait for another 5 years of bad planning before pointing the finger at the planner!
Or people just disagree with you about your contention.

It's also pretty bad form to call the guy out after he's been gracious enough to share his time with us in the past.
This whole thread is a shitty representation of how we repay that kindness.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I get it -x-, everyone is still in a honeymoon period and you have the right to disagree. I never said he wasnt a "good guy" and he wasnt somebody I dont like. Heck, I like everyone thats associated with my favorite team. Like Demoff, I wore my Everett Jersey to school and before that, my Ferragamo jersey. His Rams fandom resonates with me.

As a fan waiting year after year for a winner, and nothing gets fixed, I have a right to point fingers at those in charge. You dont think hes losing sleep at night that his plan isnt working? You dont think he is holding himself accountable when reviewing the state of the team with Stan? Question-do you blindy support your government leaders, pastors, etc if things are bad and they are not working towards change? 5 years of losing is bad, especially when a team like the Eagles turned it around twice in that same period.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA

Maybe it is wrong and maybe it is an exaggeration...but this is the second time I have seen it noted.

This came up before and X is the one who let me know. I will trust him on it.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
I get it -x-, everyone is still in a honeymoon period and you have the right to disagree. I never said he wasnt a "good guy" and he wasnt somebody I dont like. Heck, I like everyone thats associated with my favorite team. Like Demoff, I wore my Everett Jersey to school and before that, my Ferragamo jersey. His Rams fandom resonates with me.

As a fan waiting year after year for a winner, and nothing gets fixed, I have a right to point fingers at those in charge. You dont think hes losing sleep at night that his plan isnt working? You dont think he is holding himself accountable when reviewing the state of the team with Stan? Question-do you blindy support your government leaders, pastors, etc if things are bad and they are not working towards change? 5 years of losing is bad, especially when a team like the Eagles turned it around twice in that same period.

I don't think Demoff is going anywhere though, and I am not sure how much blame to actually assign him. Only those at the top of the organization know how it really works (who and how the final calls are made). I think his work on the move puts him in SK's good graces and he is completely safe.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

You needn't try to rationalize your position or attempt to discredit mine with false equivalencies to government leaders. This is a game and the COO of the Rams is not an elected official. I simply said this whole thread is bad form given that he spends time here and is a member of this forum. You can point the finger wherever you like, but the fact remains that this thread is a shitty representation of how we repay his kindness.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Maybe it is wrong and maybe it is an exaggeration...but this is the second time I have seen it noted.

This came up before and X is the one who let me know. I will trust him on it.
Yes, Demoff writes the contracts and negotiates with the player's agents. There's a photo around here somewhere showing him and Ben Dogra at a dinner talking about signing Jake Long. Unrelated to your post, it's been stated by Demoff that he doesn't let the market value of players affect his valuation of a player they're trying to sign or retain. He gets with Snead and Fisher to determine their worth to the team, and that becomes his platform for negotiation. Some would assume that puts him at a disadvantage, but it really doesn't. He's been very, very shrewd with how he negotiates and develops contracts. And it is LIGHT YEARS better than his predecessors. His institution of a "pay as you go" model for developing player contracts is what has kept this team out of cap hell. His predecessors liked to back load the contracts and that's what led to the wholesale clearing house of 2009.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I wish I could have the same rose-colored glasses to look at the rest of the world the way some of you view this team.
I don't understand this at all. Demoff has been nothing but a class act when dealing with people on a personal level. I have had nothing but positive experiences when dealing with him and everyone I've talked to feels the same.

I guess he's never lied right to your face (twice), like he has to me. I believe you'd have a slightly different opinion.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wish I could have the same rose-colored glasses to look at the rest of the world the way some of you view this team.

I guess he's never lied right to your face (twice), like he has to me. I believe you'd have a slightly different opinion.

Maybe. If it was something that I wasn't entitled to know (like him telling me that the team isn't planning to move), probably not.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
He's been very, very shrewd with how he negotiates and develops contracts. And it is LIGHT YEARS better than his predecessors. His institution of a "pay as you go" model for developing player contracts is what has kept this team out of cap hell. His predecessors liked to back load the contracts and that's what led to the wholesale clearing house of 2009

Bingo. I can't think of one other guy in the the NFL right now that I would rather have in this role then Demoff. There's a reason we could walk away from a free agent whiff like Coty Sensebaugh after 4 games without much worry about the cap hit. There's a reason we don't have a ton of dead money counting against it right now (and if I'm not mistaken, the Rams have a decent amount of available cap space at the moment). It's because of Demoff's approach to contracts, which makes cutting non-performers easier. Makes paying good performers easier too.

I can understand the fans in St. Louis being upset with him. In his defense, he was in a tough spot, because he had to do his boss's bidding on one hand and public relations with the city they were in on the other until the move was certain. So I can see both side of that coin.

But as far as him being responsible for whatever woes the Rams have had on the field in his tenure? Nothing is further from the truth.

Calling out Demoff is just looking for a scapegoat.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I can understand fans being upset with members of the Rams front office and wanting change, but Kevin Demoff is the absolute wrong person to pin the blame on. As far as lying goes...please. He's an employee who said and did what he was told to do by his boss. This isn't fantasy land but the NFL. Jeff Fisher and every coach in the NFL lies every week. Ask Jim Thomas about that. It's called covering your butt.

But then again I have a bias towards KD. He's a ROD member who's been kind enough to do three interviews with us. Once he popped in before the draft and hung out with us here. So if the staff seems to be protective of his reputation, not that he needs us to do that for him, that's why.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OP

Sorry as others have said barking up the wrong tree.

FRO

Legend
Rams move aside, the football problems sit squarely on his shoulders. Let me count the ways:
  • Responsible for Hiring Fisher/Snead
  • Putting up with mediocre football for four+ years and was about to ink Fisher/Snead to an extension if they came out winning in 16'.
  • Was ready to re-up Bradford prior to 14, then again in 15' until his agent wouldnt renegotiate. Bradford is still no better than his rookie season-most fans were sick of his play-not Demoff. If his agent was willing, he would have been re-upped
  • Allowed for the organization to trade 6 picks for a QB that apparently still insnt "ready" to play NFL football.
  • Did not forecast correctly the value of Jenkins and McCleod and missed an opportunity to lock them up before 15' season.
  • Let Foles walk for 6mm. Bad decision and you saw why you keep that chip. He could have held it longer. Look what Eagles got for Bradford (1 & 4). Perhaps Foles would have went for a 3rd?
  • Locked up Austin, who's numbers are no where near they should be for the investment.
  • Sensabaugh decision. Driven mostly by the guys he hired, but it was a $5mm mistake.
If Stan is wise, he will clean house from top to bottom. The first decision in correcting the issue, since Demoff is not capable of correcting, is making a change at the top of Football Operations of the LA Rams.
To not hold Demoff accountable is foolish. Yes he is Kroenke's puppet, but he has a hand in this long line of failure too. The Rams need to totally clean house, even Demoff needs to go. He's been with the Rams since 2009/2010 and they're haven't had a winning season in that stretch. I see no need to keep him.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Rams move aside, the football problems sit squarely on his shoulders. Let me count the ways:
  • Responsible for Hiring Fisher/Snead
  • Putting up with mediocre football for four+ years and was about to ink Fisher/Snead to an extension if they came out winning in 16'.
  • Was ready to re-up Bradford prior to 14, then again in 15' until his agent wouldnt renegotiate. Bradford is still no better than his rookie season-most fans were sick of his play-not Demoff. If his agent was willing, he would have been re-upped
  • Allowed for the organization to trade 6 picks for a QB that apparently still insnt "ready" to play NFL football.
  • Did not forecast correctly the value of Jenkins and McCleod and missed an opportunity to lock them up before 15' season.
  • Let Foles walk for 6mm. Bad decision and you saw why you keep that chip. He could have held it longer. Look what Eagles got for Bradford (1 & 4). Perhaps Foles would have went for a 3rd?
  • Locked up Austin, who's numbers are no where near they should be for the investment.
  • Sensabaugh decision. Driven mostly by the guys he hired, but it was a $5mm mistake.
If Stan is wise, he will clean house from top to bottom. The first decision in correcting the issue, since Demoff is not capable of correcting, is making a change at the top of Football Operations of the LA Rams.
Yeah...
200.gif

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
To not hold Demoff accountable is foolish. Yes he is Kroenke's puppet, but he has a hand in this long line of failure too. The Rams need to totally clean house, even Demoff needs to go. He's been with the Rams since 2009/2010 and they're haven't had a winning season in that stretch. I see no need to keep him.
Well why stop there? Let's get rid of Stan. And then get rid of the NFL. And then Sports in general.
Fuggit. Let's just nuke this whole planet.

Also, let's not call Demoff a 'puppet' simply because he hurt you.
The dude is tireless in his efforts for this Organization.

FRO

Legend
Well why stop there? Let's get rid of Stan. And then get rid of the NFL. And then Sports in general.
Fuggit. Let's just nuke this whole planet.

Also, let's not call Demoff a 'puppet' simply because he hurt you.
The dude is tireless in his efforts for this Organization.
And during his tenure what have the results been for the organization? Let's all applaud mediocrity! The guy pushed to hire Fisher and Snead. That has been a huge failure. This team hasn't had a winning season in 12 years going on 13. It's time for a new direction and new leadership. Demoff, Fisher, and Snead have had ample time to turn it around. They haven't gotten the job done. Move on.

If you could fire Stan you should. He is a terrible sports owner. Unfortunately you can't so you'll be stuck with below average football until he passes the torch.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Honestly, I had no idea Kevin has supported the board and is a contributor as this is my first year on ROD. Hopefully the voice of the fan is being taken into consideration as we are all sick and tired of repeated seasons that are over in October. For the record, I have tweeted him directly with my displeasure on the current course of the organization. I value the opinion of the board members and perhaps my anger is misdirected, however I want things to change. We all know the definition of insanity and at times, the Rams embody it. I see the move to LA as a big part in changing the Rams to a premier organization that can reel off season after season of winning football and I am thankful for what the future can hold that Kevin was instrumental in creating. Now that has been established, the on the field product must change. Not sure if its just a coaching/GM change that will do it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
And during his tenure what have the results been for the organization? Let's all applaud mediocrity! The guy pushed to hire Fisher and Snead. That has been a huge failure. This team hasn't had a winning season in 12 years going on 13. It's time for a new direction and new leadership. Demoff, Fisher, and Snead have had ample time to turn it around. They haven't gotten the job done. Move on.

If you could fire Stan you should. He is a terrible sports owner. Unfortunately you can't so you'll be stuck with below average football until he passes the torch.
And I'm okay with that. You're demonstrating what the alternative is. Getting angry about it.
Yeah, that's on my to-do list.

I'm gonna be blunt, and it's gonna piss off a lot of people, but what's new, right? I'm kind of a dick, I'm told.

Getting worked up over what OTHER men achieve or don't achieve is silly to me. It's entertainment. Sure, everyone likes to be entertained, and it would be nice if the Rams provided more in the way of entertainment, but hand wringing and contempt over mediocre results? lol. Some of y'all need to see a Buddhist. Or a hooker. Honestly, if people would just let go of the things they can't control, it would open up a whole new world. A world where you can have instant reactions and then just let it float away. A world where you can find just as much enjoyment communing with your fellow fan (e.g,. posting on ROD). A world where Jeff Fisher or Kevin Demoff or Stan Kroenke or Case Keenum aren't the devil. They're just people too, trying to make the most out of life with the hand they were dealt.

BUT THE RECORD!!!!!!!
MEDIOCRITY!!!!!!!!
I SPEND MONEY ON THIS!!!!!!!!
NOOOOOOOOODLE ARRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol. You wanna carry that around with you?
K. Have a blast.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Honestly, I had no idea Kevin has supported the board and is a contributor as this is my first year on ROD. Hopefully the voice of the fan is being taken into consideration as we are all sick and tired of repeated seasons that are over in October. For the record, I have tweeted him directly with my displeasure on the current course of the organization. I value the opinion of the board members and perhaps my anger is misdirected, however I want things to change. We all know the definition of insanity and at times, the Rams embody it. I see the move to LA as a big part in changing the Rams to a premier organization that can reel off season after season of winning football and I am thankful for what the future can hold that Kevin was instrumental in creating. Now that has been established, the on the field product must change. Not sure if its just a coaching/GM change that will do it.
You should have led with that. That's a much more reasoned post.

If you haven't already, you should go ahead and read our chat sessions with him.
Maybe it'll give you a better understanding of him, his thought processes, and his methodology.

http://www.ramsondemand.com/ (bottom of the page)