Time to point directly at Demoff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Demoff belongs with the Rams organization and thankfully is going nowhere.

kroenke-demoff-672x372.jpg

(COO) KEVIN DEMOFF (Turns 40 on 02/18/2017)
kevin-demoff.jpg

http://rams.1stroundmediagroup.com/
KEVIN DEMOFF is in his 7th year as Chief Operating Officer & Executive Vice President of Football Operations with the Rams. In his capacity, Demoff serves as a liaison to ownership on all operational manners. Demoff works closely with General Manager Les Snead and head coach Jeff Fisher to develop the club's strategic plans for player signings and player aquisitions.

As the club's chief negotiator, Demoff is responisible for the Rams salary cap planning and compliance with the NFL's Collective Bargaining Agreement. Demoff also partners with Snead and Fisher in aspects of the teams football operations. Demoff oversees the Rams entire business operations, including marketing and sales, finance, administration, communications, ticketing and community relations.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_1bc06d8c-74e9-5b1e-98fd-ba6104e49bb6.html
Jan 30, 2009: One of the last major pieces of the Ram's front office restructuring is now in place. Kevin Demoff, who has spent the past four seasons with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, has been hired as the team's executive vice president of football operations-chief operating officer.

For the past three seasons in Tampa Bay, Demoff has been the Bucs' senior assistant, a job that entailed helping general manager Bruce Allen (who was fired after the 2008 season) in contract negotiations and salary cap management, among other duties.

Demoff, the son of longtime NFL player agent Marvin Demoff, will handle all player contract negotiations and will serve as liaison to ownership on football and business operations. In terms of those duties, Demoff replaces Jay Zygmunt, who ended a nearly 30-run with the team at the end of the '08 season.

Before joining the Bucs, Demoff was director of football operations for the Los Angeles Avengers of the Arena Football League for four years. He also served as editorial consultant for "The NFL Show" on Fox Sports Net during part of that time he was with the Avengers.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/2141/adding-demoff-to-front-office-significant-for-rams
Jan 30, 2009: Demoff's strong ties to the agent community give him a wider base of experience to draw upon. He showed creativity in how he constructed contracts for the Bucs, who spent $13 million in cash less than the $116 million salary-cap limit for 2008. The team has roughly $41 million in 2009 cap space despite having a roster laden with veterans.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMzcqGD5vRU

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJWhBPUbwCk

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2riq5DoPK1U

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Okay, yeah, I just read it wrong.

As you were. lol.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is not about the Rams business operations, its about the on the field product. Demoff job is to build the best on the field product. He hires and empowers the GM and Coach to build it. His first hires have done little to advance the teams fortunes. Furthermore he is painfully slow at reacting to the reality of Fisher is not a winner, the talent is marginally better after a stockpile of resources and this team has a shortage of resources to build from moving forward.

So, play this out. Demoff fires Snisher, makes the new GM and HC hire and it fails after another 5 years. You all still disagree with my position? I have been watching the Rams and the NFL for 40 years. There are some that never get it right. Shaw got it right when he hired Vermiel.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
I'll take that bet all day. The Rams don't even have a first rounder next year. lol.

X Ive got 5000.00 ROD mintys that says Goff starts Carolina game.
Yep,I'm hanging em low right now.What say you Gent?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'll take that bet. I think there's a $2k cap though.
Go ahead and put it together and send me the invitation.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Many good points by the OP. I do think Snead and his crew have drafted pretty well. I would really like to know who wanted to draft GRobinson because that was a MAJOR mistake.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm with ya , I can't stand Demoff

I don't understand this at all. Demoff has been nothing but a class act when dealing with people on a personal level. I have had nothing but positive experiences when dealing with him and everyone I've talked to feels the same.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Not going to happen until below .500 ,unless Goff is absolutely lighting it up in practice.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let Foles walk for 6mm. Bad decision and you saw why you keep that chip. He could have held it longer. Look what Eagles got for Bradford (1 & 4). Perhaps Foles would have went for a 3rd?
In what universe?
Bradford went for a 1st because that's what Minnesota needed to get a STARTER on short notice
Who is trading a 3rd rounder for a backup QB on the last year of his contract?

JerseyRam1

Rookie
Point is they had a commodity that may have been of interest to a team in need. Would the Vikes have decided to trade a 3rd for Foles vs multi picks for Bradford? It was a chip we lost in the Bradford trade that the Eagles benefited from. FWIW, I still dont see all that much of a difference in the two. Bradford once again looked inept vs a good defense on the road.

In what universe?
Bradford went for a 1st because that's what Minnesota needed to get a STARTER on short notice
Who is trading a 3rd rounder for a backup QB on the last year of his contract?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Point is they had a commodity that may have been of interest to a team in need. Would the Vikes have decided to trade a 3rd for Foles vs multi picks for Bradford? It was a chip we lost in the Bradford trade that the Eagles benefited from. FWIW, I still dont see all that much of a difference in the two. Bradford once again looked inept vs a good defense on the road.
Minnesota wanted a starter, Foles is a back up. So no, I don't see why they would trade a draft pick for a guy who isn't any better than Shaun Hill.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA

Based on the article above

"As the club's chief negotiator, Demoff is responisible for the Rams salary cap planning and compliance with the NFL's Collective Bargaining Agreement. Demoff also partners with Snead and Fisher in aspects of the teams football operations. Demoff oversees the Rams entire business operations, including marketing and sales, finance, administration, communications, ticketing and community relations."

That isn't fully true. His roles as the negotiator and contract role (a role that typically would have been more Sneads position) has great affect on the win-loss record. In theory he has serious responsibility for signings like Cook, or how much the team would offer JJ. Those choices and decisions greatly affect the win-loss record of the team.

Now if he was a more typical president of the team and Snead had a more typical role then he would be kind of insulated form the on the field product....

JerseyRam1

Rookie
Thanks drasconis. I cant understand that ROD members dont see Demoffs role as a key contributor to the losing product on the field. I get that he will forever be loved for his role in bringing the Rams back to LA. Thats not what this is about.

He is responsible as anyone else and if you read his bio, he lead an arena franchise and was a contributor to building an average Bucks team. Boy, that resume' has Perennial Contender/Superbowl Winning Architect written all over it. Some rather wait for another 5 years of bad planning before pointing the finger at the planner!

Based on the article above

"As the club's chief negotiator, Demoff is responisible for the Rams salary cap planning and compliance with the NFL's Collective Bargaining Agreement. Demoff also partners with Snead and Fisher in aspects of the teams football operations. Demoff oversees the Rams entire business operations, including marketing and sales, finance, administration, communications, ticketing and community relations."

That isn't fully true. His roles as the negotiator and contract role (a role that typically would have been more Sneads position) has great affect on the win-loss record. In theory he has serious responsibility for signings like Cook, or how much the team would offer JJ. Those choices and decisions greatly affect the win-loss record of the team.

Now if he was a more typical president of the team and Snead had a more typical role then he would be kind of insulated form the on the field product....