Time to be serious about our QB situation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Moving forward. What do we do at QB?

• Nothing to worry about. Stay faithful to Sam Bradford and hope he lasts the season?

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • A fresh start. Trade him out to another team? A fresh start may be the best for both parties.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Bring in a FA. Keep Sam, pick up someone in FA to compete for the starting role?

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • Draft high. Keep Sam, try and draft a QB, high in the draft to compete?

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • Belt & Braces. Restructure Sam's contract, pick up a QB in FA and draft high.

Votes: 56 57.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OJM

UDFA
The problem seems to be that there don't appear to be any guaranteed starters available in this draft. It's one thing to draft a quarterback you think can be a starter, it's quite another to draft a quarterback that you DON'T think can start in this league, but you're hoping for some sort of miracle, or that your scouts have horribly misjudged talent. Which is a whole other issue.

You have to trust your scouts I guess. If they say you're looking at the next Christian Ponder then you have no choice but to pass, no matter how badly you need a QB. It's just a waste otherwise.

As for trading down, I'm against it this year. Stay high and get talent. I want the best offensive lineman available, not the 4th and 5th.

So who is that draftable "starter" who can beat out Bradford in TC?
I have no idea who could be drafted and beat him out. I wish there was some guy like RW in the draft for us. I doubt Fisher would start him over Sam though.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A lot of different directions to go. In order of what I think the best policies are:
1. Trade for a proven veteran if a team is willing to move them relatively cheaply because of their contract...such as Cutler, Brees, or E. Manning
Realistically? Highly unlikely there's a player available at the right price.
2. Trade up or draft Winston/Mariota if they fall
Realistically? Unlikely but a trade up might be feasible.
3. Restructure Bradford and trade for a young QB that has shown some ability such as Mike Glennon or Nick Foles
Realistically? Likely and very feasible.

The other options aren't particularly good.

RamWoodie

Legend
Heres what I see.

1. The Rams will go with Sam as starter.

2. Hill is gone

3. Davis stays and competes with whoever they bring in at #2.

OJM

UDFA
Heres what I see.

1. The Rams will go with Sam as starter.

2. Hill is gone

3. Davis stays and competes with whoever they bring in at #2.
sounds like the same plan as last season. That means we still have no future starter once Sam is hurt again(It could happen )

RamWoodie

Legend
sounds like the same plan as last season. That means we still have no future starter once Sam is hurt again(It could happen )
The reality is very few teams have a #2 QB who is as talented as the starter. Those who do end up that #2 eventually going to another team as soon as they're able to, because THEY KNOW they can start for another team.

I *think* the goal should be a #2 who is at least 80% of your starter.

lockdnram21

Legend
Bradford IS the guy! I can't think of any way the Rams are better next year, and for many years after if he is not the QB. Would you trade up with what it takes to draft the top 2 guys? I wouldn't, and Fisher cant.

Starting all over in year 4 of a rebuild is not an option. Things should be fixed by now. Starting over is simply not an option for this regime.
How's he the guy and hasn't proved anything except he can't stay on the field. That wouldn't be smart to bank on him

OJM

UDFA
If the Rams depend on Sam for another season, there's no telling what could happen anyway. What if by some miracle he stays healthy and has a good season? Wouldn't he go to the highest bidder in the offseason? If he gets hurt again, and they don't do a good job of having a young quarterback, Fisher is fired. Fisher is gone even if Sam is healthy, if we have another repeat of his 3 previous seasons here. When is it time to become above average?

nighttrain

Legend
Bradford IS the guy! I can't think of any way the Rams are better next year, and for many years after if he is not the QB. Would you trade up with what it takes to draft the top 2 guys? I wouldn't, and Fisher cant.

Starting all over in year 4 of a rebuild is not an option. Things should be fixed by now. Starting over is simply not an option for this regime.
you nailed it amigo, It's a must win season for Fisher, at least that's my opinion. There is nobody we can draft and who would we trade for that has the talent to replace him? Might as well stay the course with SB and see what happens, his was a freaky injury.
train

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
If the Rams depend on Sam for another season, there's no telling what could happen anyway. What if by some miracle he stays healthy and has a good season? Wouldn't he go to the highest bidder in the offseason? If he gets hurt again, and they don't do a good job of having a young quarterback, Fisher is fired. Fisher is gone even if Sam is healthy, if we have another repeat of his 3 previous seasons here. When is it time to become above average?
If you have a better option than going with Sam another year, we're all ears.

OJM

UDFA
If you have a better option than going with Sam another year, we're all ears.
At this point, any quarterback that can play all 16 games would be a better option. It won't matter much if the offensive line isn't fixed. The quarterback will still get sacked 30 times or more if the line isn't fixed.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
At this point, any quarterback that can play all 16 games would be a better option. It won't matter much if the offensive line isn't fixed. The quarterback will still get sacked 30 times or more if the line isn't fixed.
We can't say for sure that Bradford won't, but I agree we need to upgrade at backup QB. And I agree we need to fix the line.

But right now, staying with Bradford is the best option for starter. No one available is even close to him.

OJM

UDFA
We can't say for sure that Bradford won't, but I agree we need to upgrade at backup QB. And I agree we need to fix the line.

But right now, staying with Bradford is the best option for starter. No one available is even close to him.
There will be some quarterback option out there that no one will expect. It seems to happen every offseason. Will that quarterback come here?I doubt it,but anything can happen if you have money. I'm thinking Locker might be the one who comes to compete. I don't like the option of having two injury prone players competing for the most important job on the team,but I wouldn't doubt it be him coming in for that chance.