Time Magazine ranks the ten worst stadiums

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
keepingscore_logo.gif

(Read about all of them here) http://keepingscore.blogs.time.com/2012 ... e-u-s/#all

1. Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome, Minneapolis
2. Nassau Coliseum, Long Island
3. Tropicana Field, Tampa Bay
4. Qualcomm Stadium, San Diego
5. O.Co Coliseum, Oakland
6. Candlestick Park, San Francisco

[textarea]7. Edward Jones Dome, St. Louis
The bubble-topped home of the St. Louis Rams was opened just 17 years ago, so by any normal construction standards you’d expect it to still be in good shape. And it’s not awful, but it’s not great, either. The Rams clearly have some lofty expectations for their home base: their lease states the stadium must rank among the top eight highest-quality NFL stadiums by 2015 or they’ll start looking for a new city to call home. The sands of time for renovation are quickly evaporating, along with support for the $124 million renovation plan – that’s nearly half the cost of the entire stadium’s $280 million price tag the first go-around. The AstroTurf playing field was in such disrepair and so uncomfortable to players that in 2004, the team offered to foot the bill to replace it. And the other requested renovations call attention to the many areas in which the Ed Jones Dome is lacking: the proposal demands upgrades to club seats, concession stands, new windows, and a scoreboard to rival the Cowboys’, for starters.

In 2008, Sports Illustrated polled readers on the worst stadium in the nation, and St. Louis fans shouted back loudly: the Edward Jones Dome. Voters railed against everything from the stadium’s food to the quality of the team. For Missouri’s football fans who dealt with the pain of losing the Cardinals to Arizona in 1987, they don’t seem too keen on wanting the Rams to stick around.[/textarea]
8. Fenway Park, Boston
9. U.S. Cellular Field, Chicago
10. Dodgers Stadium, Los Angeles

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
to the quality of the team

This is the only reason it's on the frigging list in the first place at all. I would love a brand new stadium, but if it wasn't for the worthless lease situation the dome would serve just fine.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
I not really a fan of the dome, but this list lost all credibility, in my eyes, when they listed Fenway at 8 and Dodger stadium at 10.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
libertadrocks said:
I not really a fan of the dome, but this list lost all credibility, in my eyes, when they listed Fenway at 8 and Dodger stadium at 10.
I agree, and there's no way that Buffalo's stadium is better than the Rams, NO way possible.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't see what the big deal is with the EJD. I was there, and it beat the shit out of Joe Robbie, or whatever the hell the name was of Dolphins Stadium. Just get some blue seats in there, hoist a giant TV in the rafters, and let's play some ball. This whole "must be in line with Jerry Jones" initiative is bogus. I know it's language that's in the lease and all, but if certain NFL Owners keep trying to one-up each other with these ridiculous palaces, then ultimately nobody is going to be able to keep up. In 30 years, the price of a stadium is going to be a trillion dollars. Complete with boat docks and annual time-shares.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Dodger Stadium (Chavez Ravine) on THAT list? OK - FAIL!!!

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
No kidding. The article LOST ALL CRED with that evaluation. It's a great old time venue. A classic. History......and a place that I've had a beer or 3. :lmao:

RamFan503 said:
Dodger Stadium (Chavez Ravine) on THAT list? OK - FAIL!!!

bluecoconuts

Legend
Yeah, I never thought parking was an issue at Dodger Stadium, it's usually pretty quick and easy for me.

Staples Center... Now THAT is a nightmare. I usually get there a bit early, but leaving I try to find stuff to do as long as possible (other than going to a restaurant, too expensive, too crowded, and too poor of service) so the traffic clears up.

Other than the game itself, and the fact it's visually appealing, there's pretty much nothing I like about Staples... Then again it's about the same as Dodger Stadium.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
libertadrocks said:

I completely agree.