Time for Rams to Finally Repair Offensive Line/Karraker

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
I think we will resign Barks. So that means the drafting of Scherff/Clemmings to play RG and Erving to play C gives us our C's. But Blalock and Barks means we can draft Cooper. That just makes me happy... :)
I think they would still draft Scherff just like they still drafted Robinson. We need to make this line better then Dallas line. I want first 2 picks going to line

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
unless something seriously shiny falls to number ten I expect a badass Olineman picked at 10th. I know lots of ppl wanted Watkins or something fancy last year and thank god we didn't. I don't even want to imagine that line without Grob last year. it would've been the laughing stock of the league.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I think they would still draft Scherff just like they still drafted Robinson. We need to make this line better then Dallas line. I want first 2 picks going to line

No argument here, man. We got really good pass catchers already if we can get them the ball. I'm good with Scherff. Robinson was a lot better pick than Watkins for us, so yeah.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I keep changing my mind, but I think signing Blalock and Wisnieski would give us a lot of flexibility.

Start with a base line of Robinson-Blalock-Wisniewski-Saffold.

If Amari Cooper drops, I don't want to pass on him. Draft Cooper and you have the flexibility of adding the best 0-lineman available in Round 2 (there should be multiple quality players available). Draft a center, and you can kick Wisniewski out to guard where he played better anyway. Draft a guard, and keep Wisniewski at center. Draft a tackle and you kick Saffold back to the inside.

If Cooper doesn't drop and a Scherff isn't available, trade down, snatch some extra picks, and take a hard look at Clemmings/Collins/Erving.

If Barrett Jones earns a starting job, shift Wisniewski to guard, and you have a rookie to groom who would likely need to start anyway.

I'm done rambling.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's too busy at his winery.
Bought a bottle of Cab... it was very good (but a tad expensive).

We may differ on the "how" of building up the starting and depth of the line... but I think we are all in agreement it's Job One right now.

V3

Hall of Fame
unless something seriously shiny falls to number ten I expect a badass Olineman picked at 10th. I know lots of ppl wanted Watkins or something fancy last year and thank god we didn't. I don't even want to imagine that line without Grob last year. it would've been the laughing stock of the league.
Many don't even think there's an O-lineman worth the 10th pick in this draft. I don't want to take an OL just because we have to.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Many don't even think there's an O-lineman worth the 10th pick in this draft. I don't want to take an OL just because we have to.

Could be they are right V3 but a trade down for more second day selections sure would go good with this small amount of 2015 Ram draft selections available. I would love to go into this draft with a mid to late round first & two 2nds & two 3rd's.

Looks like a perfect scenario for Snead to take advantage of.

V3

Hall of Fame
Could be they are right V3 but a trade down for more second day selections sure would go good with this small amount of 2015 Ram draft selections available. I would love to go into this draft with a mid to late round first & two 2nds & two 3rd's.

Looks like a perfect scenario for Snead to take advantage of.
I would be fine with a trade down but what if someone like a Cooper slips? I'm not sure I could pass on him just because the Rams have failed the O-line for so long.

lockdnram21

Legend
I would be fine with a trade down but what if someone like a Cooper slips? I'm not sure I could pass on him just because the Rams have failed the O-line for so long.
If we can sign Barksdale and Wiz we will be in a good position to take best player. Think we have a shot at wiz with Seattle giving G Hardy a visit

Athos

Legend
Only two players I don't trade down for or take lineman over: White and Cooper.

If both are gone, I'm all in on the best lineman in the draft at our slots. Trade up if you have to. Or stand pat, and use a late on a guy like Smelter.

bskrilla

Starter
A couple big IFs for me.

1) IF we sign 2/3 of Barksdale, Wis, Blalock. and 2) IF Amari Cooper is there at #10. Then We take Amari Cooper no question. He's a stud.

If we sign 1/3 of those 3 OL then we should probably trade down and take best OL later in the round.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger

If both are gone, I'm all in on the best lineman in the draft at our slots. Trade up if you have to. Or stand pat, and use a late on a guy like Smelter.

I agree about White and Cooper but I would add Mariota (Longshot). If Scherff were gone I might consider DeVonte Parker above the other linemen depending how Free agency works out. If the Rams go WR at 10 that may force a need pick for the O-Line in the 2nd or 3rd round. If Free Agency yields little to no help for the line, the Rams will need to get two or even three OL out of their first four picks (IMO).

My List for the 10 spot:
Mariota
White
Cooper
Rams top rated O-lineman (mine is Scherff)
Parker
Consider a trade down or take
Next best OL
Wildcards:
Melvin Gordon
Gurley
Shelton

With Winston and Leonard Williams locks for the top 10 along with the expected run on Pass rushers, it is very likely 1 of the top 4 I have listed above will still be there at 10.

lockdnram21

Legend

What about Sammy Coates or Perrin in 2nd

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It’s been long enough. We haven’t yet had a week of free agency, but it’s time for Fisher and Snead to sign and draft a group that’s capable of imposing their will in the running game and reasonably protecting Foles. If the Rams hope to compete for a playoff spot, regardless of the style Fisher and new offensive coordinator Frank Cignetti want to employ, it all starts up front.

They can make all the moves they want, but until they repair the offensive line, that streak of non-winning seasons will extend beyond eleven seasons.

That’s why it’s imperative for the Rams to solidify their offensive line. If the coaching staff watched video of Foles in 2014, they can’t possibly think it's a smart idea to throw this kid to a pack of jackals by setting him up behind another flimsy O-line.

Thanks for reading ...

— Bernie
Nothing like reading 'Wordie Article' that state facts everyone knows and agrees on to sell News! and earn a pay check!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Crossing my fingers we're targeting some real talent for coach Boo to work with...

Flowers-Erving-Cann
or
Collins-Erving-D.Smith
or
Humphries-Marpet-Finney

need 3 rookies with talent....Stay away from the FA's Snisher....STAY FAR,FAR AWAY!!!!

lockdnram21

Legend
Crossing my fingers we're targeting some real talent for coach Boo to work with...

Flowers-Erving-Cann
or
Collins-Erving-D.Smith
or
Humphries-Marpet-Finney

need 3 rookies with talent....Stay away from the FA's Snisher....STAY FAR,FAR AWAY!!!!
no way they start 3 rookies along with Robinson

SierraRam

Recreational User

Flowers-Erving-Cann
or
Collins-Erving-D.Smith
or
Humphries-Marpet-Finney

Choice #1 please! Resign Big Joe and add Wiz. Start one of these guys while the other two develop, and we're set at OL for years!