Tim Walton walks off field alone after practice

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SoftliSTL/status/385159589227794433[/tweet]

Could he be getting demoted or fired? I hope Fishers putting his foot down.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Was just about to post this...wasn't sure what it meant. He didn't elaborate. I hope it means something, this dude has no business coaching a professional team, our D is far to talented to suck this bad.

Someone else replied to him and said he wasnt alone. The CB's were 10 yards away from him. :mrgreen:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The D has been bad but taking Mikell and Dunbar out of the equation has to have a big impact on the run defense. Add to it that here were virtually two rookies at safety and Walton is stuck between a rock and a hard place. The D has been downgraded seriously for future investment.

So is it Walton's schemes? Position coaches, or just youth?

BTW I wished they could have gotten Ranbo in the last draft along with TJ. Passing on the Vikings trade looks like a bigger mistake all the time. The Rams could have had Warford and Rambo, along with Ogletree.

The 2012 trade was a mistake as we all know too well.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
ShotgunShells said:
Someone else replied to him and said he wasnt alone. The CB's were 10 yards away from him. :mrgreen:

:lmao:

Good one!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
He's known for giving everyone a big cushion.

Nothing new to see here.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't see Fisher demoting anyone on the practice field.

My hunch is; this is nothing.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
CGI_Ram said:

Maybe. But if Fisher is who I think and hope he is....Change is in the air

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
EastRam said:
CGI_Ram said:

I hope you are right.

Strangely; I'm more worried about the OC. At least Fisher can take over the coaching on D. We feel stuck with Schotty.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
CGI_Ram said:
EastRam said:
CGI_Ram said:

I hope you are right.

Strangely; I'm more worried about the OC. At least Fisher can take over the coaching on D. We feel stuck with Schotty.

Not sure who they are, to lazy to look. But there are a few O coaches on the O side of the ball that would keep the same system if BS left?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd rather see Schotty go than Walton. At least Walton has attempted to make adjustments.

A55VA6

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Walton needs to atleast be demoted. It's not working.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
EastRam said:
jrry32 said:
I'd rather see Schotty go than Walton. At least Walton has attempted to make adjustments.

Wow. I've seen enough of Walton.

Watch our pass D in the first quarter of the SF game, they were actually getting up on the LOS and playing well...until Finnegan decided to muck it all up.

Walton is trying. And I can give him some points for that. Schotty seems content to just "outsmart" the opponent by changing nothing.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
EastRam said:
CGI_Ram said:
EastRam said:
CGI_Ram said:

I hope you are right.

Not sure who they are, to lazy to look. But there are a few O coaches on the O side of the ball that would keep the same system if BS left?

I was thinking about this the other day... Is the problem the offensive scheme or play calling? Or both?

If it's the play calling, couldn't we fire Schotty and find someone to come in and pick up from here? Or go with internal candidate?

If it's the playbook, and it doesn't change, its a deeper problem without an easy solution in-season.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
jrry32 said:
EastRam said:
jrry32 said:

Watch our pass D in the first quarter of the SF game, they were actually getting up on the LOS and playing well...until Finnegan decided to muck it all up.

Walton is trying. And I can give him some points for that. Schotty seems content to just "outsmart" the opponent by changing nothing.

I saw the same thing jrry. And... I tend to agree. I have more confidence in Walton adjusting than Schotty at this point.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
jrry32 said:
EastRam said:
jrry32 said:

Dunno. I see the trying part as the Whiners only had Bolden and a gimpy Davis.

If hes still running the D when we play Hou and he crowds the LOS, only then will I agree he's trying. :bg: