Tim Walton - The Problem?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
I was discussing the Rams game with a friend who happens to be a Lions fan. He said that the Lions ALWAYS used the soft zones and conservative style and that's why the Lions were so damn bad.

I'm concerned. Something NEEDS to be done. I still think we would've won today if it weren't for the coverage. I'm thinking it's on Tim Walton right now.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Re: Tim Walton

Agreed the defense has been anemic at best and it throws off an offenses rythem having to sit and watch the d take there sweet time to get a stop

A55VA6

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lesson said:
I thought Cunningham ran the D for the Lions?
Walton was in charge of the secondary for the Lions though. And their secondary looked terrible when he was there.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Walton was the 2ndary couch in Detroit. This soft zone stuff has stretched back to last season. I don't know who is responsible but our D isn't playing with fire like last year tho.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

V3

Hall of Fame
Someone asked if people liked what they saw from Walton after last week's game and most said it was too early to know for sure. Well, I think we're seeing a trend now. The D has been playing soft all preseason and the first two games and opposing QB's have picked apart our D in every game. This isn't a personnel issue (Finnegan might be an exception). This is a scheme issue.

At this point, it's on Fisher. If Fisher doesn't tell Walton to stop playing soft, then it becomes Fisher's fault. He has final say and he should know that this is not working. Romo WILL destroy us next week if they continue the trend and at that point I'm going after Fisher for not telling Walton to stop giving QB's free 10 yard passes.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yeah, it's on Fisher.

He hired Walton. Walton has taken this defense backward.

I can sort of give him a slide against this good Atlanta offense... but it was bad against the Cardinals too.

If we can see the offense licking their chops against our pass D from our TV's at home, what's Walton watching?

bskrilla

Starter
CGI_Ram said:
Yeah, it's on Fisher.

I can sort of give him a slide against this good Atlanta offense... but it was bad against the Cardinals too.

If we can see the offense licking their chops against our pass D from our TV's at home, what's Walton watching?

While I agree with the overall sentiment, I wouldn't discount the Cardinals pass offense so easily. They could also be the real deal. Rams face 4 really good pass offenses in the first 4 weeks.

That being said our pass D should certainly be better than it has been.

Graphicker

Starter
Right now I hate our defense. I will admit that it's all fueled by rage and anger towards the regression of our squad. Looks to me that we're always out of place and can't defend a simple screen pass. Our Blitzes are less than stellar and have been ripped to pieces by both Carson and Matt. So much is expected of this promising unit. That TD pass to Julio I would l love to know what went wrong. Initially it seemed that Janoris gambled and got burned, Or if he was expecting safety Help.. But our weakest unit (SS-FS) seems to be one of our strongest suits. Our CB's are getting beat up far too much. But It's 2 games in vs some good offenses.. Our Run Defense has improved greatly and that's a surprise... 2 Games in and it's a small sample size but things have got to get better.. AZ played okay good defense last year for there first 4-5 games before catching FIRE.. All we can do is hope, But I'm missing me some Blake Williams :lol: :lol:

Graphicker

Starter
CGI_Ram said:
Yeah, it's on Fisher.

You tone it down young man.. You sound angry! Or it might be the Jack talking :twisted: :twisted:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Graphicker said:
CGI_Ram said:
Yeah, it's on Fisher.

You tone it down young man.. You sound angry! Or it might be the Jack talking :twisted: :twisted:

:lmao:

Yeah, I'm a little pissed; the off-coverage is getting burned and we keep doing the same thing over and over. Low tolerance for insanity. :lmao:

y2joey

UDFA
The secondary is doing nothing different than we did last season. The coverage was soft last year and our issues seem more like a young team that bends but doesn't break.

Look at Atlanta's 4 TD's today:

1.Underneath pass to Jackson, not the secondary's fault. The play was caused by Long jumping early on that drive.

2.Pass to Julio. That was the secondary's fault. Janoris got beat and had no safety help.

3.Pick Six that shouldn't have happened that was a 14 point swing there.

4.Handoff.

It was a team effort, we gave them this game and as this team grows, I'm confident the secondary will improve and this team will be a lot stronger in December than it is now. Just like how we grew From Week 1 til 17 last year.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
y2joey said:
The secondary is doing nothing different than we did last season. The coverage was soft last year and our issues seem more like a young team that bends but doesn't break.

Look at Atlanta's 4 TD's today:

1.Underneath pass to Jackson, not the secondary's fault. The play was caused by Long jumping early on that drive.

2.Pass to Julio. That was the secondary's fault. Janoris got beat and had no safety help.

3.Pick Six that shouldn't have happened that was a 14 point swing there.

4.Handoff.

It was a team effort, we gave them this game and as this team grows, I'm confident the secondary will improve and this team will be a lot stronger in December than it is now. Just like how we grew From Week 1 til 17 last year.

That's a good post.

Step back from the ledge, folks.

A55VA6

Legend
i just hate the defense. I loved watching this defense last year, but this year I can't stand watching it.

bskrilla

Starter
The other thing I'll add is that despite giving up a ton of yardage last week, the defense only allowed 17 points. That's a pretty solid week as far as points go.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
A55VA6 said:
i just hate the defense. I loved watching this defense last year, but this year I can't stand watching it.

That's a good post.

Get back on the ledge, folks.

Graphicker

Starter
CGI_Ram said:
A55VA6 said:

That's a good post.

rabbit-wellness-gif-879425.gif

I ain't even mad anymore.

A55VA6

Legend
CGI_Ram said:
A55VA6 said:

That's a good post.

lol man it's bugging me so bad.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Maybe we owe Walton some patience?

I mean, it's a new group for him. Besides; doesn't Fisher control the scheme?

I'm quite disappointed in our defense too, just throwing out something to consider.

G-RAM

UDFA
Name
Greg
I think he is a problem, but its only his second game..ever as a DC in the NFL so Im willing to give him some time before I place him in the Marmie/Spags reject class