Tim Walton Out

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I thought GW was still working for the Titans? I love the move, if true, but I sure didn't see that coming when he was already in a pretty high position(at least it seemed to be).
Yeah - I haven't seen anything confirmed yet.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
One thing on this Walton removal deal.

I think it speaks well of Coach Fisher that he would - let's face it this is an admission of a mistaken hire- acknowledge this hire was a mistake, correct the mistake and move on.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

I think it speaks well of Coach Fisher that he would - let's face it this is an admission of a mistaken hire- acknowledge this hire was a mistake, correct the mistake and move on.
Or was a stopgap of someone to keep Williams seat warm

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick

That was one of the elements of this offseason that I said would be key. Fish admitting to mistakes: one being the hire of Walton. Others would be cutting Wells & Finnegan. We'll see if he can get those two done.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler

Yea, quite a shocker but the right move I think.

V3

Hall of Fame

Yes and no. Remember, Walton really wasn't Fisher's first choice. The Rams wanted Ryan and they thought they had him and then he ditched them. Everyone had already been hired by that time and the Rams were left with slim pickings. They had to choose from what was left. I think a better gauge of the ability to admit mistakes will be with the players(Pead, Quick, Finnegan, etc). Quick will get more time but the other two really have no business being on the team anymore.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Yes and no. Remember, Walton really wasn't Fisher's first choice. The Rams wanted Ryan and they thought they had him and then he ditched them. Everyone had already been hired by that time and the Rams were left with slim pickings. They had to choose from what was left. I think a better gauge of the ability to admit mistakes will be with the players(Pead, Quick, Finnegan, etc). Quick will get more time but the other two really have no business being on the team anymore.

I agree on Finn. And I think you are right on Quick getting more time. I think he deserves that being the WR position. Pead? I just don't know. I have no idea why he hasn't gotten more playing time because he appears to have the tools. I think given the chance, he would be very serviceable at least but he obviously has some issues of some kind. I think training camp this year will cull it out one way or the other.

RamEERS

Pastor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I thought GW was still working for the Titans? I love the move, if true, but I sure didn't see that coming when he was already in a pretty high position(at least it seemed to be).

GW got let go along with pretty much the whole coaching staff when Munch got fired..

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
See ya Tim. Hello Greg.
Cash money says the Williams runs the aggressive defense that pays off for the Rams.

V3

Hall of Fame
GW got let go along with pretty much the whole coaching staff when Munch got fired..

Hmm. I never heard that. I even looked on Wiki and it still says he's working in Tenn. Thanks for the heads up.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
One interesting side note. Finnegan and Dunbar may become very relevant again.

With Williams coming back. There are two players that many have previously written off who could very well now become a big part of the picture.

Finnegan with a restructured deal and HEALTHY won't be discarded so quickly.

And Dunbar was brought here by Williams in the first place.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

With Williams coming back. There are two players that many have previously written off who could very well now become a big part of the picture.

True. Maybe Finn can gain a spark from this and Dunbar is a keeper. I still think the Rams may still draft a CB relatively high in the draft just in case and for a high quality depth rotation.

Ramifications

Finnegan looked done, though, even before the reported after the fact eye injury, and it didn't look all due to scheme, but perhaps he would have looked better in his accustomed press scheme. He just looked terrible in every phase, pass coverage and run support. It is like he hit the wall and exploded in one offseason, which would have been hard to predict, as he was only about 28?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Sorry, this a F'd up. I love that Walton is gone but the Rams messed up big time by waiting so long. :disappoint:
maybe they waited until after schwartz was hired to make announcement... maybe the delay was intentional so as not to offend schwartz by not hiring him.

V3

Hall of Fame
maybe they waited until after schwartz was hired to make announcement... maybe the delay was intentional so as not to offend schwartz by not hiring him.

The Williams hiring makes sense of things for me. That hadn't been announced yet at the time and I was under impression that Williams was still employed by the Titans. I get what they were thinking now.