Tim Tebow Day on NFl Network

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'd sooner take Thaddeus Lewis. And IIRC, there was just as much angst over Spags getting rid of him as there is over Tebow's league-wide snub now. They're both nothing at the position, yet both were/are viewed as special somehow.

Baffling.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'd sooner take Thaddeus Lewis. And IIRC, there was just as much angst over Spags getting rid of him as there is over Tebow's league-wide snub now. They're both nothing at the position, yet both were/are viewed as special somehow.

Baffling.

No shit. Tebow lost the battle for third string QB in Philly and couldn't find a spot in New England when they just wanted to try to see if he could do anything, run, pass or catch.

Yet some are advocating that he is a viable starter. :eek:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

Baffling.

Tebow started 14 games and had 8 wins and 6 losses. Sam Bradford has started 63 games and has a record of 25 wins, 37 losses, and 1 tie. RGIII is 14-22 as a starter. Kirk Cousins is 11-15. Blaine Gabbert is 8-27. Case Keenum is 5-10. Mike Glennon is 5-13. Yet all these QB's are still employed in the NFL while Tim Tebow is not. That's what's baffling to me.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
That's what's baffling to me.

Those players are light years ahead of Tebow. Again he wasn't able to win 2nd and 3rd string spots.

It's not hard to figure out PT............killer college QB in the system he was in but it doesn't work in the NFL. It happens a lot.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Tebow started 14 games and had 8 wins and 6 losses. Sam Bradford has started 63 games and has a record of 25 wins, 37 losses, and 1 tie. RGIII is 14-22 as a starter. Kirk Cousins is 11-15. Blaine Gabbert is 8-27. Case Keenum is 5-10. Mike Glennon is 5-13. Yet all these QB's are still employed in the NFL while Tim Tebow is not. That's what's baffling to me.
Nobody wants to run the Gator offense. That's all there is to it. Because when it comes to being able to effectively run any kind of pro style offense, Tebow isn't equipped to do it. He's inaccurate, has a glacially slow delivery, and is slow to process things on the field.

It's not a conspiracy born to shut down his religious views if you're leaning that way, because Kurt Warner was the same vocal spokesman for Christianity. Tebow just isn't very good. Good enough to win some games with help, sure. All QBs who get to this level have the traits to win football games. But to rely on him to evolve and get better at his mechanics in order to become a pure pocket passer was never gonna happen. He's a TB who can pass sometimes. That didn't make Ronnie Brown a viable option for Miami's passing game either.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They don't mean much to me....as a measure of a QB. Because running QBs have not had long term success in the NFL. If that is ok with you, I would just assume keep that opinion.
A QB that can't throw? You can have him.

The NFL MVP in 2015 ran for 10 TDs and threw for 35 TDs. Are you telling me that you don't count his 10 rushing TDs when evaluating his performance? That's nuts. Insanity.

Rushing TDs count every bit as much as passing TDs. Not counting them doesn't make sense. It's essentially saying that you'd prefer the QB to throw a screen for a 1 yard TD rather than just run it in for a 1 yard TD. Doing the latter rather than the former does not make a QB worse.

Yea, I'll take a QB who can't throw but can run over a QB who can't throw or run. Enjoy your QB who can't throw or run.

jrry Tebow completes fewer passes than everyone you mentioned and the run threat didn't pile up points in Denver. With an elite defense they were able to stay in games, but Tebow was not a major factor in the run the Broncos made at the end of the year.

You're a Tebow guy and I know one thing about members of that cult, there is no discussing it with them.

I'm kidding........

By the way using the Rams QBs last year versus Tebows best ever and saying he was a little better doesn't put him in the NFL.

I don't care if he completes fewer passes. I'm tired of going around in circles. I've explained multiple times why that's not an issue. The offense runs more effectively with him there. And that's what matters.

Back to the flawed "on pace theory". Tebow was a flash in the pan, the team was on a miracle run and only scored about 15 points per game.
The reality is that by the end of 2011 the league figured Tebow out, he had 7 turnovers in his last 3 reg season games when they lost all 3 and scored about 12 points per game.
His qbr was in the 50's and his comp % in the 40's.
all this hub bub about Tebow and on a more talented team they only won 1 more game than the Rams

We don't need an "on pace" theory. We have the facts. He put up 16 TDs to 12 TOs in 11 games. That's a better ratio than our QBs put up in 2014 and 2015.

The reality is that Tebow helped Denver win their first playoff game so he clearly had not been figured out by the end of the season.

I don't care about his completion percentage or ESPN's idiotic QBR stat.

They only won one more game than the Rams because they stated 1-4 without Tebow.

Those players are light years ahead of Tebow. Again he wasn't able to win 2nd and 3rd string spots.

It's not hard to figure out PT............killer college QB in the system he was in but it doesn't work in the NFL. It happens a lot.

Except for the fact that we did see it work in the NFL. Answer me this...how many QBs in NFL history have led their team to the playoffs, helped their team win a playoff game, and then never started another game again?

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Tim Tebow has a fine future, he could be the next Billy Graham not the next Otto Graham.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
It's not a conspiracy born to shut down his religious views if you're leaning that way, because Kurt Warner was the same vocal spokesman for Christianity.

If I was leaning that way, I would have posted exactly that. :giveup:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If I was leaning that way, I would have posted exactly that. :giveup:
That's my mistake then. I wasn't insinuating that you felt there were no other available explanations for him seemingly being blackballed. I just know that you are a very religious man, and that you kind of took offense to a previous "circus" comment directed towards him, and that you posed a question wherein you wondered why someone who apparently "wins" more than current QBs in the league is not playing in this league.

What's your theory about why he's not a QB if you think he's talented enough to be one?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's my mistake then. I wasn't insinuating that you felt there were no other available explanations for him seemingly being blackballed. I just know that you are a very religious man, and that you kind of took offense to a previous "circus" comment directed towards him, and that you posed a question wherein you wondered why someone who apparently "wins" more than current QBs in the league is not playing in this league.

What's your theory about why he's not a QB if you think he's talented enough to be one?

You're not asking me but my theory is a combination of three things:
1) Nobody wants to deal with all of the media hassle for a backup;
2) He has limited value outside of a very specific system; and
3) Nobody wants to change their system to run that specific system.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

If he truly wants to play and reinvent himself, there is a league that would welcome him with open arms.

O Canada! Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.
With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!
From far and wide, O Canada,
We stand on guard for thee.

fearsomefour

Legend
You're not asking me but my theory is a combination of three things:
1) Nobody wants to deal with all of the media hassle for a backup;
2) He has limited value outside of a very specific system; and
Hey, look at that....we agree.
His limited skill set isn't worth it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't care about his completion percentage or ESPN's idiotic QBR stat.
Who said anything about ESPN idiotic stat? In his last reg 3 games where they only needed to win one game to clinch a playoff spot, he went 30/73 (41%) for 439 yards with only 1 td and 4 INT for QB rating of 43.12
Since they lost all 3 games (and only won against Chicago because Forte brain farted) they had to wait thru a litany of crazy scenarios that all worked out for them to make the playoffs.
Tebow was a fun story and it was remarkable how Denver kept pulling out games with defensive scores, recovering on sides kicks, McGahee breaking off huge runs and yes of course Tebow.
But you're not going to win games relying on that kind of luck.
And as bad as Clemens, Davis, Hill, Foles and Keenum have been, they all are better passers than Tebow
I enjoyed the ride as much as anyone, but when it was over it was over
Manning proved what a real QB could do with that team

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Tim Tebow is nobody in the NFL. How long is it going to take people to realize that? He was a college success in an offense that heavily relied on the QB to run. He was not a success in the NFL. He is no longer in the league. I don't see other great college players, that failed in the NFL getting post time around her or in the news. Why is this guy still being talked about? Because he is a Proud Christian? Tebow sucked and Tebow is gone, end of story.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rex Grossman was 25-22 and hasn't gotten a chance in years. What does record have to do with it?

DenverRam

Starter

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SXycepIEOxU

Here's a more recent look at Tebow. Quicker release, better mechanics, Def more easy to fit in an offense scheme than he was in 2011.

exactly. His motion has completely changed from 2011.

He actually looks back to the shape he was. In NY they made him gain like 20 lbs and turn him into a blocker, Rex Ryan was incredibly stupid to do that. Lost all his speed.

Looked really good in Philly tho.

Look at that deep ball 3min in. And people say this kid cant throw.....

Last edited: