Buccaneers sign Tim Jennings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

manmaderam

The one and only
They have a list of other players but I only paid attention to the Rams on this article really. lol :)

"Tim Jennings: St. Louis
By: Erik Lambert

The loss of cornerback E.J. Gaines was a real tough one to swallow for the St. Louis Rams given how inconsistent their pass defense has been since last season. Preseason play continues to show that same problem (235 yards allowed per game). They really could use another reliable body on the back end and Tim Jennings could fit that bill.

He's only 31-years old, a two-time Pro Bowler and has proven a great fit in a 4-3 defense, which the Rams run. He also brings experience as both an outside and nickel corner, so that adds versatility. It's a low risk, high reward proposition. "

Source: http://www.nflmocks.com/2015/08/31/nfl-free-agency-new-landing-spots-for-notable-cuts/

I personally would love it. He would bolster the secondary and fits our defensive scheme. This is Janoris Jenkins final rookie year, so Tim Jennings would push him. Plus he is a low-risk, and a durable defensive leader.

I was wondering what people's opinions were on trying to get Tim Jennings?

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I would give him a serious look too, we pretty much did the same with Al Harris and the guy was looking good if he hadn't tore his ACL in the hated 2011 season.

The guy would bring a lot of versatility and experience into a CB that is sorely lacking it.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Why'd they cut him? How much of a step has he lost?

He really would help with an inexperienced secondary - with us losing Gaines we might be 1 short back there. I'd take a look at him but we've been burned by over the hill cornerbacks before by giving them a huge contract only to have them play like scrubs.

PFaulk

Rookie
Name
Dan
How much money does he want? Devil's in the details. I'd absolutely take a shot at Tim Jennings for the vet minimum.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'd do it.
Let Demoff worry about the contract.
I just wanna see him play here.

PFaulk

Rookie
Name
Dan
Schefter reporting he's visiting with Lovie and the Bucs.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
While his experience would help it would also take away experience from one of our young Dbs.So I'm kinda on the fence with this,and it also depends on how much he wants to.

manmaderam

The one and only
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd do it.
Let Demoff worry about the contract.
I just wanna see him play here.

My whole family is from Northern Illinois. They were super sad and mad at management for letting him go.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
While his experience would help it would also take away experience from one of our young Dbs.So I'm kinda on the fence with this,and it also depends on how much he wants to.
I don't think he would and even such, I don't think that's necessarily a terrible thing to happen to our guys.

I think guys like Rodgers can attest that sometimes sitting and learning isn't all that terrible.

PFaulk

Rookie
Name
Dan
Makes sense, reunite with the man who gave you the chance to truly shine and pretty much made you into what you were today.

Yeah. The Tampa 2 seemed to work for him, and they might be able to start him opposite Verner.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
I don't think he would and even such, I don't think that's necessarily a terrible thing to happen to our guys.

I think guys like Rodgers can attest that sometimes sitting and learning isn't all that terrible.
Sitting and learning when you play Qb as opposed to Db is like night and day.If it was a 1year contract at or close to the vet min then yes I would do it.We get Gaines back next year and no doubt Fisher will draft at least 1 Db.

fearsomefour

Legend
I wanted the Rams to pick up a veteran DB even before Gaines got injured. The problem then is there was not a lot of quality guys. Comes down to money I am sure....he played for Lovie (I believe), so there is that trust factor.
If he could join the Rams it would be a nice addition. With our front seven the D backfield really needs to not give up big plays (blow coverages) and tackle well to be very successful.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
That would be awesome. Move Joyner over to nickel and Jennings play the slot. Also, we would have Jenkins, Johnson, Jennings and Joyner and that's pretty cool.

manmaderam

The one and only
Well, if the Bucs do end up taking Jennings. What about Aaron Ross??

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
My whole family is from Northern Illinois. They were super sad and mad at management for letting him go.
Do you know the whole story behind his release? Did they offer any tidbits?

manmaderam

The one and only
Do you know the whole story behind his release? Did they offer any tidbits?
Nothing much, the Bears wanted to go younger and they felt this was a "Rebuild" year. So a main reason he was cut was to give himself a better opportunity to find another team and clear room for young-ins.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I was wondering what people's opinions were on trying to get Tim Jennings?
oh hell naw.....not over my boy:

GettyImages-187587028.0.jpg
Brandon%20McGee%20Chicago%20Bears%20v%20St%20Louis%20Rams%20eGQ3iden5uMl.jpg

…..

Legend
Bears eat some money, not much but some, so there must be something to letting him go....

On the other hand, we could get him for a cool mil and let the bears pay the rest so its a no brainer. Unless teres something we dont know about.