(Tim) Jenkins wants to make most of opportunity w/Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
X added:
I'll look for it (maybe), but I remember reading Bradford saying how invaluable Clemens is to him when he gets to the sidelines.

I hear you but let's face it, what young QB isn't going to say something like that? That's just showing respect and may or may not have any bearing on reality.

Ramfan503 added his two cents:
And you think Clemens is a bad option. I'd hate to see Cignetti have to come in.
:lmao:

Cignetti has a great deep ball BTW. But my point isn't about who is the best option. Jenkins sounds like a camp arm to me. 8 TDs and 8 INTs isn't lighting it up. My main point was already explained by X but I'll expand on it. Clemens isn't our future and Jenkins or somebody else like him might be. I don't really see us gaining anything by playing Clemens who I think really sucks and is a year older and probably a year suckier. I'd rather take the one in a million chance of finding another Warner. And as Train said, if all you guys think it's so valuable to have a has been QB on the sidelines helping Sam out then lets hire a has been QB as a coach that doesn't count against our 53.

I just read X's post and I had forgotten about running the scout team. That's a good point and I'll have to think about that a little more but let me ask you this, Who do you think could imitate Kapernickel better. A young QB who can still run or an old guy who runs like me?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
albefree69 said:
X added:
I'll look for it (maybe), but I remember reading Bradford saying how invaluable Clemens is to him when he gets to the sidelines.

I hear you but let's face it, what young QB isn't going to say something like that? That's just showing respect and may or may not have any bearing on reality.
I dunno Albe. I think that's too dismissive. I'm sure Bradford benefited greatly from Clemens early on, or else he just would have extended him a few obligatory platitudes and called it a day. He went into specifics about how Clemens was helping him, and now you're going to make me go looking for those quotes, dammit.

Like I said though, it won't be long before Bradford isn't going to need Clemens anymore.
Probably as early as the end of this year.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
X said:
albefree69 said:
X added:

I dunno Albe. I think that's too dismissive. I'm sure Bradford benefited greatly from Clemens early on, or else he just would have extended him a few obligatory platitudes and called it a day. He went into specifics about how Clemens was helping him, and now you're going to make me go looking for those quotes, dammit.

Like I said though, it won't be long before Bradford isn't going to need Clemens anymore.

I think that's correct. By the end of the second year in the same system Bradford probably won't need someone pointing out different things all the time, maybe once in awhile, but by the end of the year he should have this drilled down.

Especially if they are going to play more no huddle, shotgun and spread type of stuff. That's all in his wheelhouse.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
X expanded on his earlier comment:

Since you were too lazy to find the actual article I was only going by the snippet you talked about. If he expanded on that like you said, and your memory is so much better than mine, then you make a good point.

But looking at the larger picture, how valuable would it be to have a retired vet QB who misses the cameraderie of being on an NFL team coaching on the sidelines like you'd have Clemens doing?

But like you said, it's going to be moot shortly.

Something that just occurred to me is by doing what you're talking about, the Rams would have to have 3 QBs active every game. Or else actually put Clemens in to play if you know who gets injured. Is it worth it? I'm still leaning towards no.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
albefree69 said:
X expanded on his earlier comment:

Since you were too lazy to find the actual article I was only going by the snippet you talked about. If he expanded on that like you said, and your memory is so much better than mine, then you make a good point.

But looking at the larger picture, how valuable would it be to have a retired vet QB who misses the cameraderie of being on an NFL team coaching on the sidelines like you'd have Clemens doing?

But like you said, it's going to be moot shortly.

Something that just occurred to me is by doing what you're talking about, the rams would have to have 3 QBs active every game. Or else actually put Clemens in to play if you know who gets injured. Is it worth it? I'm still leaning towards no.
Yeah, that's a good point. But I think the new QB rule (can't remember the language) makes it so that the 3rd QB doesn't count against the 46 required for a game-day roster. At this point it doesn't hurt at all to have Clemens walking around and continuing to offer his input, and we've both resolved to the fact that his usefulness is quickly running out. At any rate, it sure beats the hell out of having Feeley there instead, yeah? lol.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
If something happens to Bradford I'm going with this guy>>
Game, set and Match to EastRam

egc2O3a.jpg

t123063.gif

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
EastRam said:
If something happens to Bradford I'm going with this guy>>
Game, set and Match to EastRam

egc2O3a.jpg
Ha!

I SO have to get a Joe Pendleton Rams Jersey. It'll be the first of its kind.

wv

Rookie
X said:
Say, you're that guy from West Virginia, aren'tcha? How do you like our new mini-receivers?

I like Clemens too, but obviously not as an heir apparent or replacement QB. I like the fact that as a veteran, he can run the scout team and imitate our opponents' offenses. He used to run the N.E. offense twice a week for the Jets to help them prepare for Bellyfat and Tammy Brady. Not that it did any good, but... he did help them prepare.

I dunno. I cant remember a Rams WR-corp that was this young and diverse. They are all so young and they are all different. Different sizes, shapes, talents. The GSOT had oldtimers like Ike and Proehl. From top to bottom this is the youngest group i can remember. Plus the RBs are all babies. I hope they dont all run into each other, out there.

w
v

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
wv said:
X said:
Say, you're that guy from West Virginia, aren'tcha? How do you like our new mini-receivers?

I like Clemens too, but obviously not as an heir apparent or replacement QB. I like the fact that as a veteran, he can run the scout team and imitate our opponents' offenses. He used to run the N.E. offense twice a week for the Jets to help them prepare for Bellyfat and Tammy Brady. Not that it did any good, but... he did help them prepare.

I dunno. I cant remember a Rams WR-corp that was this young and diverse. They are all so young and they are all different. Different sizes, shapes, talents. The GSOT had oldtimers like Ike and Proehl. From top to bottom this is the youngest group i can remember. Plus the RBs are all babies. I hope they dont all run into each other, out there.

w
v
Gonna be some growing pains for sure. But this is a foundation that will continue to grow together for several years. This is what they call ... uh ... what's the phrase again? Sustained success? In the making. BTW, how do you like The Huddle Board 2.0? Got your bearings now?

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
X kicking my butt point wise:
Yeah, that's a good point. But I think the new QB rule (can't remember the language) makes it so that the 3rd QB doesn't count against the 46 required for a game-day roster. At this point it doesn't hurt at all to have Clemens walking around and continuing to offer his input, and we've both resolved to the fact that his usefulness is quickly running out. At any rate, it sure beats the hell out of having Feeley there instead, yeah? lol.
:good1:

Damn, I forgot completely about that new rule. Add that to your point about (shudder) Feeley and I've decided to quit while I'm only down 3 to 1.

nighttrain

Legend
must have went over some heads when I posted, put Jenkins on PS, that way he can run opposing teams in scrimmage and our #2 Davis is safe.
train

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
nighttrain said:
must have went over some heads when I posted, put Jenkins on PS, that way he can run opposing teams in scrimmage and our #2 Davis is safe.
train
I'm sure that's where he's gonna end up. Not sure he had a legitimate shot at cracking the top 3 anyway.

wv

Rookie
X said:
wv said:
X said:

w
v
Gonna be some growing pains for sure. But this is a foundation that will continue to grow together for several years. This is what they call ... uh ... what's the phrase again? Sustained success? In the making. BTW, how do you like The Huddle Board 2.0? Got your bearings now?

I like it better than last time i was over here. People my age sometimes feel assaulted by a lot of internet pyrotechnix.

Things worked out well, i would say. The migrations. In a way, i think it worked out pretty well, considering.

Let the healing begin.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtkST5-ZFHw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtkST5-ZFHw</a>

w
v

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
wv said:
X said:
wv said:
X said:

w
v

I like it better than last time i was over here. People my age sometimes feel assaulted by a lot of internet pyrotechnix.

Things worked out well, i would say. The migrations. In a way, i think it worked out pretty well, considering.

Let the healing begin.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtkST5-ZFHw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtkST5-ZFHw</a>

w
v
I think it worked out okay too.

Life, death and rebirth are inevitable.
--Rigveda

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
nighttrain mistakenly thinking we don't closely monitor everything he says:
Nothing escapes our eagle eyes. We were just saving the most important posts for last. :shifty:

Speaking only for myself, this isn't about Jenkins. It's about keeping an old washed up vet versus someone who might have some potential. While your solution might look good on paper, we already lost a young QB doing just that. Way to much danger of another team picking him up.