Tim Barnes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I'm okay with this. It's gonna be nigh impossible to sign Blalock, Wiz and/or Barksdale for both money reasons and want reasons (do they even want to come to the Rams). If we could get one of these guys and get Barnes back and have Reynolds as a 3rd tackle we will have a good amount of flexibility going into the draft.

V3

Hall of Fame
You know what's better than a competent starter?

Evidently a bunch of backups.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

How did Barnes do when he started when wells has been injured? I don't really pay attention to centers

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'm okay with this. It's gonna be nigh impossible to sign Blalock, Wiz and/or Barksdale for both money reasons and want reasons (do they even want to come to the Rams). If we could get one of these guys and get Barnes back and have Reynolds as a 3rd tackle we will have a good amount of flexibility going into the draft.
I don't think the money reason is that big of a deal. JT mentioned the other day that the can convert Robert Quinn's 10 million dollar roster bonus to a signing bonus and it saves 8 million against the cap without changing any actual dollars to Quinn.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul

Their likely adding a half a dozen or so guys to the offensive line between now and training camp. Signing Barnes doesn't mean they aren't going to pursue someone else.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I don't think the money reason is that big of a deal. JT mentioned the other day that the can convert Robert Quinn's 10 million dollar roster bonus to a signing bonus and it saves 8 million against the cap without changing any actual dollars to Quinn.

Totally true but it does get a bit away from the "pay-as-you-go" way of doing business and I have a sense from reading that they don't want to have to do that kind of thing unless they feel like they have to... plus when you consider 2015 free agents on this team, getting away from pay-as-we-go will bite us next year.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Last edited:

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Totally true but it does get a bit away from the "pay-as-you-go" way of doing business and I have a sense from reading that they don't want to have to do that kind of thing unless they feel like they have to... plus when you consider 2015 free agents on this team, getting away from pay-as-we-go will bite us next year.
I don't think that gets away from it in this situation. I think you are still "paying as you go" since it would be paid up front now just as it would if it were a roster bonus since he obviously will be on the roster this coming season. I think it would be different if we were talking about next years roster bonus being converted to a singing bonus now.

V3

Hall of Fame
Their likely adding a half a dozen or so guys to the offensive line between now and training camp. Signing Barnes doesn't mean they aren't going to pursue someone else.
Just less money to use for an actual starter.

V3

Hall of Fame
Thank you! Everyone keeps mentioning that we can just convert Quinn's money but they don't seem to understand that that's just going to create issues later on and we'll have a lot of players to start re-signing soon from all those extra draft picks.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
He doesn't seem like the best value pick at #10.

Because you know who will be on the board at 10? If he starts and plays at a pro bowl level, then is he the best value pick at 10?

FRO

Legend
Let's just hope they don't decide to go with a line like 2012. I'm willing to be paitent with them, but Snead and Fisher have failed to build a line.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He doesn't seem like the best value pick at #10.
Cooper and White want be there even so Fish would probably not pick them like last year. Would rather have shreef.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
What is the point of having a potential playmaker at WR if our QB cannot get it to him. Also for a "run first" team we would have a lot invested in WRs.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
We are not picking at #10. We trade down for a late (second half of round one) and a two. We take 2 OL with the first two picks then a QB with our other second. And do it again in the 3rd (OL)

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Unless Barrett Jones is a bust, the only conversation i'm hoping the Rams are having with Barnes is ... 'Good By'.