Tim Barnes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Have we found our new center?

The snaps have been spotless. Overall protection and the running game was strong.

Anxious to here what others are seeing.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
He blew on assignment but looked great overall. We need to keep the guys we have, Saffold at G, focus on playmakers.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watching the game, I felt Saffold was amazing. Barnes? He was ehhh. Ideally, we could find someone better...but he's fine as a backup.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Still holding out hope that Barrett takes it from him, but only if he deserves it. Barnes is good, but i think we should still try and find someone better or at least someone to keep with him(ala Jones).

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Im hoping Rodger Saffold is enjoying playing guard so much he's willing to re-sign to play it next year for us!

Barnes was better this week than last.

tonyl711

Starter
I like the line we used today, Saffold will be a probowl RG if we can convince him to stay here IMO, Barnes played well today and should only get better with each game he plays. wouldn't bother me a bit to start next season with the line we used today.

Name
Pete
I am curious as to what you people that say the rams could find someone better than Barnes, what exactly have you seen that makes you think that he is just "ehh"? jrry32? Tron? This was only his second game starting.

V3

Hall of Fame
Saffold won't be back. He wants to play OT and another OT-desperate team will pay him way too much.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I think overall he played very good. His one blown assignment was magnified by Hick's nice play, but overall I though he did a good job working with his guards and finishing blocks in the run game. How many times was Kell hit today? Is Wells better? Sure. But given time I think Barnes could be very good. Plus he'd cost around $1M to resign as opposed to $5.5M for the good but oft injured Wells. Imo the difference in play between Wells & Barnes/Jones ain't worth the $5.5M salary he's due in 2014

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am curious as to what you people that say the rams could find someone better than Barnes, what exactly have you seen that makes you think that he is just "ehh"? jrry32? Tron? This was only his second game starting.

Short, squatty guy that lacks arm length. Limited athlete. Plays smart, fairly technically sound. However, Hicks's length and agility gave him issues. Barnes isn't a liability but he's going to struggle against longer, more agile DLs. He lacks both length and agility. That hurts him. And he's not really overpowering either. Like I said, he's not a liability out there and is definitely a good backup but I don't see much more than an ehhhh starter. I'm hopeful Barrett Jones will catch on but I have concerns about his lower body strength and balance. Still, I think Jones has more potential.

I don't dislike Barnes, I just don't see a good starter in him.

Name
Pete
Short, squatty guy that lacks arm length. Limited athlete. Plays smart, fairly technically sound. However, Hicks's length and agility gave him issues. Barnes isn't a liability but he's going to struggle against longer, more agile DLs. He lacks both length and agility. That hurts him. And he's not really overpowering either. Like I said, he's not a liability out there and is definitely a good backup but I don't see much more than an ehhhh starter. I'm hopeful Barrett Jones will catch on but I have concerns about his lower body strength and balance. Still, I think Jones has more potential.

I don't dislike Barnes, I just don't see a good starter in him.

Name
Pete
Appreciate the reply. He is 6'4" so I don't get the short comment. Realize he is somewhat limited in athletic ability but glad he is getting the opportunity to prove himself on the field. He is a very hard worker and very intelligent.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Appreciate the reply. He is 6'4" so I don't get the short comment. Realize he is somewhat limited in athletic ability but glad he is getting the opportunity to prove himself on the field. He is a very hard worker and very intelligent.

I think jrry is referring to his arm length, not his height. As for his analysis, its spot on, but I think he has a little more potential than jrry thinks. Not saying he'll be a pro bowler, but I think he can be better than an "ehhhh" starter

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron

Well Jrry said it better than i ever could lol. For me i just want to see what Jones can do. Barnes isn't bad by any means, and it has only been two games, but i still want to see Jones and him battle it out and let the best man win. Or if anyone does better than so be it. I just think we can do better, just like at LG. But if Barnes succeeds to being the ebst of the bunch, i have no problem with it.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Thanks Tron appreciate the response.

no problem man. I am no scout or GM, and often i am wrong, but i am still good at giving my personal opinions on things lol

welcome to the forum btw!!!!!

Name
Pete
I think jrry is referring to his arm length, not his height. As for his analysis, its spot on, but I think he has a little more potential than jrry thinks. Not saying he'll be a pro bowler, but I think he can be better than an "ehhhh" starter

I agree

fearsomefour

Legend
Watching the game, I felt Saffold was amazing. Barnes? He was ehhh. Ideally, we could find someone better...but he's fine as a backup.

I agree with both statements. This game convinced me an real effort to resign Saffold at G should be made. Very good getting to the second level. Barnes gets almost no push in the run game at this point, he is solid in pass protection.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

You're right. He looks smaller on the field. I thought he was 6'2ish" with 31.5 inch arms. Must be thinking of the wrong guy. Checking back up on it, his arm length and height are fine. That's my mistake on that one.

I still stand by my statement that I felt his play was ehhh though. But he does have more potential than I originally thought. Hopefully, he'll continue to progress.