Tim Barnes Press Conference

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Bruce2980

Starter
His eyes only blink when his lips move, so as long as he is not telling the defense what he is getting ready to do and blinking with Morse code signals I think defenses look elsewhere to determine which of the two play we will be running.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
WOW!!!!
New Info.jpg

Far Fing out.jpg

move along.jpg

:LOL::ROFLMAO::rolllaugh::rimshot:

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Tim Barnes is one of the main reasons the Rams OL sucks. He tries hard, but is just overmatched most of the time. Rams have got to draft a center next year.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Tim Barnes is one of the main reasons the Rams OL sucks. He tries hard, but is just overmatched most of the time. Rams have got to draft a center next year.

Carefully now. I did my own play by play evaluation of Barnes, against Tampa last year, and came away with the same conclusion as you. But many here were thrilled with my analysis and were getting pretty heated about it. But, I know what I saw. He is terrible.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Carefully now. I did my own play by play evaluation of Barnes, against Tampa last year, and came away with the same conclusion as you. But many here were thrilled with my analysis and were getting pretty heated about it. But, I know what I saw. He is terrible.
Why be careful? Many simply disagreed.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Why be careful? Many simply disagreed.

Picture it with a sarcastic tone.

But no I felt simply disagreed was off. Barnes seems to be a favorite around here. People make stuff up to defend him. Giving a genuine critique by watching just him for a full game is not taken seriously in the world of Barnes fans. Is he serviceable? Maybe with some good guard play next to him, but this team needs much more than serviceable on this lousy OLine.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
Picture it with a sarcastic tone.

But no I felt simply disagreed was off. Barnes seems to be a favorite around here. People make stuff up to defend him. Giving a genuine critique by watching just him for a full game is not taken seriously in the world of Barnes fans. Is he serviceable? Maybe with some good guard play next to him, but this team needs much more than serviceable on this lousy OLine.

I was one who took exception to your critique because you picked a game in which he received a game ball for his efforts and frankly, your conclusion was, in this case, inaccurate. Sorry, but that's a fact and I'll take the coaches evaluation. I'm not trying to bust your chops as I think you're one of the more knowledgeable posters on the board, just saying perception and reality are sometimes different.

One thing in general for you and anyone else making armchair evaluations is that often what you see and think the problem is, may in fact be the exact opposite, especially when it comes to play on the line. When you see a player appear to completely whiff, more than likely there was a blown assignment or mitigating factor that impacted the play. That's one of the reasons players dislike and coaches ignore PFF ratings, they are making evaluations without knowing all the facts. Unless you're a coach, in the huddle, at the line, know the blocking assignment, the protections, pickups, routes to be run, etc. there is no way to make an accurate assessment from watching a game on tv.

There are definitely issues with the offense and it's not just the OL & QB. I wish I could go into further depth, but there are a few players who are not the problem and Barnes is one of them.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I was one who took exception to your critique because you picked a game in which he received a game ball for his efforts and frankly, your conclusion was, in this case, inaccurate. Sorry, but that's a fact and I'll take the coaches evaluation. I'm not trying to bust your chops as I think you're one of the more knowledgeable posters on the board, just saying perception and reality are sometimes different.

One thing in general for you and anyone else making armchair evaluations is that often what you see and think the problem is, may in fact be the exact opposite, especially when it comes to play on the line. When you see a player appear to completely whiff, more than likely there was a blown assignment or mitigating factor that impacted the play. That's one of the reasons players dislike and coaches ignore PFF ratings, they are making evaluations without knowing all the facts. Unless you're a coach, in the huddle, at the line, know the blocking assignment, the protections, pickups, routes to be run, etc. there is no way to make an accurate assessment from watching a game on tv.

There are definitely issues with the offense and it's not just the OL & QB. I wish I could go into further depth, but there are a few players who are not the problem and Barnes is one of them.

I have much respect for your opinion as well Woof but on the Barnes topic we will always disagree. Bookend him with two very good guards and he looks decent. Sandwich him between two bad guards and his weaknesses really show up. Something has to give between Saffold, Barnes, and Brown/Wichman. Either they have to all improve or at least two will have to be replaced. If Pocic or Elflein are value picks when the Rams select then I take one. This line is full of subpar play. Time to get some top line (excuse the pun) talent on this team. I guarantee Barnes wouldn't be missed.

Sidenote: I really wanted the Rams to acquire Mack. He has done wonders for that Atlanta Oline. I wont some superlatives not mediocrity......or less.