Tim Barnes on Rams QB Nick Foles' Leadership Style

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Is that Quick in the background doing work on the jug machine

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Anyone else notice Cook and Gurley working out, on the Ball machine, in the back-ground, screen right in this interview! I had to listen to the interview twice because I got caught-up in watching them!:giggle::D

Cook needs to take that jug machine home with him.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Foles seems like a good leader. I hope he can put it together on field.

Barnes seems like a pretty nice guy. I hope he can put it together on the field.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Seems like a smart and good guy. Hope he continues to progress.

RamzFanz

Damnit
There is a bias against Barnes. If you had started the season expecting him to be good, he wouldn't even be in the discussion. Forget the "competition". For a man that had limited snaps before reg season, he's made us forget about Wells.

Do you remember probowler Wells snapping the ball low over and over? Stay with me here, it cost games.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I've heard a lot about the leadership of Foles...I've heard how they are a few plays away from 3-0..I've heard how how Gurley could have had 70-80 yards on his limited carries..I like hearing that stuff, but it needs to turn into something more than coulda, woulda, shoulda...It has to show up to some up on the scoreboard...This would sure be a real good week to start...Virtually nobody beats the Packers @ Lambeau, so tomorrow would be a huge win to take into next week as well as cut into the Cards' lead in the division...Last but certainly not least, I'd like to see the Rams break it off in Arians' ass...I despise that cocky dissing asshole...There's a right way to win, he hasn't figured it out yet...

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Cook needs to take that jug machine home with him.
images

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/footbalteam.ayers/584314/jared-cook/

Clearly with 16 targets and 11 catches cook is obviously our worst issue on our team.

And please don't go into the he can't block for shit argument because we all know that was not what he was brought here to do

All to often people buy into the media a bit to much and the whole cook debate is prime example. Cook was brought here to be a receiving te not a blocking te so to judge him on his blocking is a mute point. Then we get to hear about all his dropped passes and how he can't catch a ball to save his life yet out of 16 targets he has missed 5. 5passes and everyone wants him benched thrown off the team or worse. Yes our offense is struggling No, no matter how you wanna spin it Jared cook is not why.

And to keep this somewhat on topic I like foles and the way he leads stark difference from the previous qb imo. It hasn't translated yet but with so many new cogs on this offense I expected struggles at first. If we can allow girly to get into rythem I think this offense will be fine.

Last edited:

SierraRam

Recreational User
There is a bias against Barnes. Do you remember probowler Wells snapping the ball low over and over? Stay with me here, it cost games.

I don't now about the 'bias' part, but speaking for myself, he was the least likely guy to emerge with the job. Before anyone jumps out of their socks, let me explain. I don't have the opportunity to follow training camp as closely as others. Being there and 'rolling' with the in-crowd makes a huge difference. (yes, i'm jealous)

From an outside perspective, Jones was the obvious choice because of pedigree, and Rhaney was the underdog choice because of attitude, effort and the unknown. Barnes was a guy who'd been around but hadn't shown much. Obviously, he'd been working his ass off and won the job by a large margin.

'Stay with me' :LOL:: most everyone here is happy somebody emerged

RamzFanz

Damnit
I don't now about the 'bias' part, but speaking for myself, he was the least likely guy to emerge with the job. Before anyone jumps out of their socks, let me explain. I don't have the opportunity to follow training camp as closely as others. Being there and 'rolling' with the in-crowd makes a huge difference. (yes, i'm jealous)

From an outside perspective, Jones was the obvious choice because of pedigree, and Rhaney was the underdog choice because of attitude, effort and the unknown. Barnes was a guy who'd been around but hadn't shown much. Obviously, he'd been working his ass off and won the job by a large margin.

'Stay with me' :LOL:: most everyone here is happy somebody emerged

Sorry. A little over the top there. I need 2 accounts, sober and drinking!

tavian

images

Clearly with 16 targets and 11 catches cook is obviously our worst issue on our team.

And please don't go into the he can't block for crap argument because we all know that was not what he was brought here to do

All to often people buy into the media a bit to much and the whole cook debate is prime example. Cook was brought here to be a receiving te not a blocking te so to judge him on his blocking is a mute point. Then we get to hear about all his dropped passes and how he can't catch a ball to save his life yet out of 16 targets he has missed 5. 5passes and everyone wants him benched thrown off the team or worse. Yes our offense is struggling No, no matter how you wanna spin it Jared cook is not why.

And to keep this somewhat on topic I like foles and the way he leads stark difference from the previous qb imo. It hasn't translated yet but with so many new cogs on this offense I expected struggles at first. If we can allow girly to get into rythem I think this offense will be fine.

images

And please don't go into the he can't block for crap argument because we all know that was not what he was brought here to do

The only thing I was saying is the guy needs to work on his hands.He led the team in dropped passes last year,so yea he needs to work on his hands.Never said he was the worst issue on our team or any of that other stuff you were assuming.
so please stop generalizing and calling people haters.Cook was brought here to catch the ball and continues to drop the easy catch,as
long as he does that he's going to catch flak.Sorry if I stepped on some sort of man crush,by the way your link doesn't work.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2014/

Athos

Legend
Yea. He does seem so.

Just needs to translate that leadership to success on the field.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
The only thing I was saying is the guy needs to work on his hands.He led the team in dropped passes last year,so yea he needs to work on his hands.Never said he was the worst issue on our team or any of that other stuff you were assuming.
so please stop generalizing and calling people haters.Cook was brought here to catch the ball and continues to drop the easy catch,as
long as he does that he's going to catch flak.Sorry if I stepped on some sort of man crush,by the way your link doesn't work.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2014/

No you didn't you simply wanted to come in make your silly lil jab/bash and get put. If you wanted to say work on his hands that what you woulda said give me a break. It has nothing to with a man crush and everything to do with what being tired of sparky lil digs at players just because

tavian

No you didn't you simply wanted to come in make your silly lil jab/bash and get put. If you wanted to say work on his hands that what you woulda said give me a break. It has nothing to with a man crush and everything to do with what being tired of sparky lil digs at players just because
you have no idea what i meant .2 drops already today yea he should have taken the jugs machine home if that hurts your feelings your just gonna have to get over it or ignore.The man cant catch period.