Tick bite sent Rams' Wells to intensive care unit in hospital --PD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

apatl187

UDFA
I got Rocky mountain spotted fever 2 when I lived in stl when I was 8 horrible sickness

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The guy almost died, it's far from irrelevant. I'm just shocked we didn't hear anything about it sooner.
OK - that may be a bit of an over sell there. Approx. one in fifty dies from this. How many of those deaths do you think occur with professional level athletes - especially those with high caliber medical staff at their beck and call? I have no doubt he was very sick but...

I think what Sum was referring to more was the timing of the article.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
5 years of Lyme through high school. sucked balls ruined my life

Sum1

Hall of Fame
The guy almost died, it's far from irrelevant. I'm just shocked we didn't hear anything about it sooner.
It's not irrelevant...just sort of an irrelevant time to write a story on it.

RamsFan14

Starter
OK - that may be a bit of an over sell there. Approx. one in fifty dies from this. How many of those deaths do you think occur with professional level athletes - especially those with high caliber medical staff at their beck and call? I have no doubt he was very sick but...

I think what Sum was referring to more was the timing of the article.

1/50 is still pretty high imo (it's not REALLY high, but 1/50 ain't good. There are def worse ones that's forsure...), it's scary stuff even if you have the money to defend yourself. The timing is a bit weird I agree, but it explains what happened to Well's over camp. Losing 20 pounds is pretty bad, can't be an easy to fully recovery and gain all that weight back Shouldn't cause fumbled snaps tho lol, but I wonder how different he'd be overall if he never got that infection. We didn't run the ball well week 1, maybe he was still gaining his strength back? Idk, it's just good he's healthy again.