Thursday Night Football Eagles Vs Panthers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
. I HATE the iggles, but that team is legit right now. Who in the NFC is better??

Maybe the Packers and the lack of a running game could rear its ugly head, but the Eagles defense is head & shoulders above the Packers and you are right on point on Wentz, he took on a defender at the Goal Line and is the clear leader of that team...Doug Pederson & Frank Reich have done an outstanding job with him from year one to this season.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Maybe the Packers and the lack of a running game could rear its ugly head, but the Eagles defense is head & shoulders above the Packers and you are right on point on Wentz, he took on a defender at the Goal Line and is the clear leader of that team...Doug Pederson & Frank Reich have done an outstanding job with him from year one to this season.
Yeah, the crazy run and hit at the goal line was nutz. Tough kid, but I wouldn't want MY QB risking that kind of shit. It was like he thought he was AP on that play. Eagles fans be like :eek:

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I’m glad Wentz looked good. The NFL needs a new QB rivalry. My guess is Goff vs Wentz will be the talk of the NFL for years to come. Dak Prescott will be the Ben Roethlisberger of the bunch.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Yeah, the crazy run and hit at the goal line was nutz. Tough kid, but I wouldn't want MY QB risking that kind of crap. It was like he thought he was AP on that play. Eagles fans be like :eek:

IDK, he took on a defensive back and it was not Ronnie Lott, I was good with hit, I'm sure he would have not gone head on with Luke Kuechly and IMO, it fired up his team. Wentz is truly special and barring injury is going to be a premier signal caller for a long period of time.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Wentz looks good guys, he is very athletic and hangs out in the pocket until a play developes. This eagles team is playing well and that defensive front is scary.
Carolina on the other hand has a great defense but that o line is very inconsistent and cam is getting killed .

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Wondered what yall thought of the game....
Can anyone give an unbiased critique of Wentz's play?
Winner....winning plays...live arm...scrambler...risk taker (dude has put his head down on at least 2 runs that I saw)...I'd say the only critique is his accuracy....But a fine player.

Agholor has really stepped up too...dude looks like he did at USC. Ertz is pretty solid too.

Eagles are the best team I've seen this season...probably better than the Chiefs.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...alty-disparity-i-think-league-is-aware-of-it/

Doug Pederson on penalty disparity: I think league is aware of it
Posted by Josh Alper on October 13, 2017

860709714-e1507917519972.jpg

Getty Images

The Eagles beat the Panthers on Thursday night despite a major imbalance in the number of penalties called on the two teams.

Philly was flagged 10 times for 126 yards while the Panthers were penalized once for one yard, which was unusual enough that Eagles coach Doug Pederson was asked about whether the team would be looking for an explanation from the league this week. Pederson said they would go through the usual practice of asking for clarification on particular calls and he was then asked about a longer-lasting disparity in the way penalty flags are thrown when the Eagles play in games officiated by referee Pete Morelli’s crew.

As several people pointed out on social media in the wake of Thursday’s game, the Eagles have been penalized 40 times in the last four games featuring Morelli’s crew. Their opponents have been penalized eight times over that span.

“Well, I think the league is aware of it,” Pederson said in comments distributed by the team. “I’m not going to get into all of that. It’s just we have to do a better job. We have to coach it and not be — we can’t be getting these flags if they are flags. And then listen, a lot of them were legit. I am not saying they weren’t. A lot of the flags last night were legit calls. So, we’ve got to do a better job there. But, for whatever reason, it is what it is. But moving forward, we can’t worry about it. Bottom line is, we won the game. We figured out how to do that, and that’s the bottom line.”

A 5:1 ratio in penalties in one game might not look that out of whack, but it’s certainly curious to see such a gap over an extended period of time. While Pederson’s right to keep the focus on what his team can do better, it’s worth a look to see what’s gone on to create such a big disparity and whether anything can be done differently to avoid one in the future.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So what makes you think Jeffery would match or sign for less "if" we let Watkins walk? If Watkins doesn't fit this culture what would make you think Jeffery will?

How often do you see Jeffery complaining on twitter about his targets or quitting on deep balls?

I missed the game. Can anyone give an unbiased critique of Wentz's play?

He was decent. There was good and bad. But he did his job well enough for them to get the W.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
How often do you see Jeffery complaining on twitter about his targets or quitting on deep balls?

If that is your nail in the coffin because Jeffery doesn't complain on twitter whereas Watkins apparently does, then that isn't good enough. I just wish twitter would implode into oblivion period.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If that is your nail in the coffin because Jeffery doesn't complain on twitter whereas Watkins apparently does, then that isn't good enough. I just wish twitter would implode into oblivion period.

We not me. Enough said.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
We not me. Enough said.

We aren't hurting at WR. Where if Watkins does get let go, we got spares. McVay isn't naive. He will make the decision if he felt what Watkins said via Twitter is against the We not Me motto...