Thumbs Up: Rams 2015

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thunbs Up! Exceeds what I expected.

• Gurley emerges from injury to pro bowl

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • Barron not just starts, but becomes a force at LB

Votes: 25 45.5%
  • Donald back to back domination

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Tavon delivers on that promise

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Trumaine Johnson enters the conversation at #1 CB

Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Other

Votes: 4 7.3%

• Total voters

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
What would you describe as exceeding your expectations or a big positive that happened in 2015? Not that you didn't think it could happen, but pleasantly surprised it did.

I put a few in the poll. Please add your thoughts.

Vote for 2.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Voted Gurley and Barron, though Tru was a close third. I've always thought Tavon is great, just needs to be used more and not have his 57 returns called back by penalties. He should receive Lockette treatment. Donald is a beast. We have had a number of pleasant surprises. Havenstein, McLeod's improvement, I just wish we were listing Foles as one of them.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
At the time he was drafted I never thought Gurley would see the field during the first half of the season. Then he saw limited action in the Steeler game. Nothing there indicated he was capable of doing what he did the next game. I was very pleasantly surprised.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Had to go with Gurley and Barron. Tru,Donald and TA, basically did what I expected.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I was pleasantly surprised to see Mo Alexander step in and play well. Mo is a thumper and really brings the wood!

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I had to pick Barron and Johnson. I liked watching our defense as a hole, but watching those guys playing lights out was a big thumbs (or thunds as we are calling it here) up during the season for me. Can we sign these guys already?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Picked Barron and 'other.' I kind of expected Gurley to break out, and I never had any doubts about Tru or Donald or Austin.
Benny Cunningham surpassed what I thought he'd do this year. Never expected him to finish top 5 in kick return yardage (and average yards).

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I picked other. OL. I think they did well all things considered (no I don't care about PFF rankings). Jamon Brown coming back plus R2 (Greg Robinson and Rob Havenstein) got a good group there.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Picked Barron and 'other.' I kind of expected Gurley to break out, and I never had any doubts about Tru or Donald or Austin.
Benny Cunningham surpassed what I thought he'd do this year. Never expected him to finish top 5 in kick return yardage (and average yards).
Benny is a surprise as a return man. He may not be the td threat I would like, but he more than gets the job done. We're rarely starting behind the 20.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I picked other. OL. I think they did well all things considered (no I don't care about PFF rankings). Jamon Brown coming back plus R2 (Greg Robinson and Rob Havenstein) got a good group there.
Havenstein not allowing a sack as rookie, is a blesssing. We have some strong young talent to work with on the oline. I'm comfortable with the progress being made at the position. It's a relief, actually.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Barron / Other.

Rodney MF'n McLeod surprised me this year. I thought the dude played great for the most part.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
As far as Surprising me/ Exceeding my expectations. It has to be Barron ( I never expected him to play so well) And Tru He exceeded any expectation.
But everyone of the players listed gave me BIG Smiles during the season!! I'd like to pick them all!!

like.png

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Well, all of the choices were definitely pleasant surprises. No question.

I picked Barron and Tavon. Hell, I had pretty much given up on Tavon, so his performance really surprised me. Barron blew me away in terms of exceeding expectations. A backup hybrid player that performed at a Pro Bowl level? Wow!

Some others that were big and very pleasant surprises for me:

Case Keenum won 3 of 5 games.
Boras was 3-1 as interim OC under very difficult conditions.
McLeod made a believer out of me. I had underestimated him, big time.
Havenstein greatly exceeded my expectations.

Maybe not big, but still pleasant surprises were Longacre and Wichmann.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
I don't mean to sound like that guy but I wasn't surprised by Gurley. I knew full well what he was capable of. If you watched him in 2014 you saw a back that completely took over games. Barron's success was probably what surprised me the most.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
I'm mostly glad that Tavon finally had his break-out year. I know it wasn't his fault that he couldn't score and get the ball more often, but it was starting to concern me that it was looking like he wouldn't ever get to show how great of a player he can be.

I also voted for Gurley. I saw his college highlights, but my concern is that he wouldn't comeback as strong as he did right away. ACL injuries are nothing to joke about and usually take quite a while before being back to 100%. Adrian Peterson was the only exception before Gurley come in and tore it up. I thought he could be a pro-bowl caliber player, but I honestly didn't think he'd be this year (especially after missing the first 4 games).

I always felt Trumaine was our better cornerback. No surprise for me that he did outstanding.

It was great to see Donald playing at a HOF level again. Not to say I didn't doubt him, but sometimes the sophomore slump strikes - even to the best players. Just goes to prove how great of a pick this guy is.

Barron played really well and would have been my 4th vote - behind the offensive line. They really gelled together through the second half of the season.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Gurley already at a Pro Bowl level and Barron playing like a stud a LB. Barron should be the #3 priority behind resigning Jenks and Tru IMO. So many quality pieces on the team. Just need a a couple more at key positions and they're ready to be annual contenders.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I voted Gurley and Johnson.

I knew Gurley was good, but never expected him to play as soon as he did. Then... To put up those numbers? Whoa.

Johnson has always been a good player, but didn't expect him to break out and be considered a top FA. Which, honestly, is reason to be cautious with his contract. Going into the season, many thought it was Jenkins and Gaines as #1 and #2.