Thoughts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
The NFL will require teams to install cameras in home locker rooms for the 2013 season, and the teams will have the option to use the video in the stadium during halftime and other breaks in play.

The move is part of an effort to improve the experience of attending NFL games by providing fans with footage and entertainment that they can’t get at home. Teams will be able to show the video both on video boards and in apps.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/...3/03/NFL-Putting-Cameras-in-Locker-Rooms.aspx

it kinda reminds me of old Rome when they would allow people to tour the gladiator cells to view the fighters before the show, it's a bit much

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I like the idea of given stadium fans access to content only available to them, but live locker room video is a bit weird.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Agreed. Bets on which staff fogets about em and a scandal gets revealed lol

…..

Legend
they better use a 30 seco tape delay...

" LOOK here God Da**it, get your heads outa your a**es and tackle that sorry f*kin bird flu ridden mutha f*kin wannabe QB! ....Jenkins! JENKINS if you let f*kin Russel Wilson make you look like f*kin stagnant pond water again, I'll find another mutha f*ker to get the f*ken job done!"

:omg:

oh wait...Greg Williams is gone now.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Dog said:
they better use a 30 seco tape delay...

" LOOK here God Da**it, get your heads outa your a**es and tackle that sorry f*kin bird flu ridden mutha f*kin wannabe QB! ....Jenkins! JENKINS if you let f*kin Russel Wilson make you look like f*kin stagnant pond water again, I'll find another mutha f*ker to get the f*ken job done!"

:omg:

oh wait...Greg Williams is gone now.

More then likley the material shown would be delayed and shown only after league and team aoproval like the show on NFL network micd up

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
bluecoconuts said:
Probably just an excuse to be able to catch guys using PED's or something.

Serious?
You think they really WANT to stop PED's?

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It will not work. Fans will always expect more than what they will see. Also, players and coaches will want to put on performances instead of focusing on getting their job done.

You want to give something to the fans? How about reasonable food, beverage, and ticket prices.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Juice said:
It will not work. Fans will always expect more than what they will see. Also, players and coaches will want to put on performances instead of focusing on getting their job done.

You want to give something to the fans? How about reasonable food, beverage, and ticket prices.

Absolutely, you hit it. This is an attempt to give the fans what they get in Nascar, the behind the scenes stuff. It won't translate though. The locker room is a world apart from crew chief to driver to spotter chatter on a radio. I mean if they want to take a sound bite or two, a thrown towel or helmet here or there but there's WAY too much other stuff that goes on in there that players and coaches don't want to see the light of day. The on-field action is plenty sufficient in the NFL. In Nascar, it can get kinda boring watching cars turn left all the time unless you know what is happening behind the scenes.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
What happens here (The Locker Room)... Stays here.

It should remain sacred and private for the players and coaches .

Now if they want to pack asses in the stands... share footage of the cheerleaders dressing out and getting out of the showers etc...

nighttrain

Legend
interference said:
I like the idea of given stadium fans access to content only available to them, but live locker room video is a bit weird.
Dont like it, forget the fans, other team will see what adjustments you talk about
train

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
nighttrain said:
interference said:
Dont like it, forget the fans, other team will see what adjustments you talk about
train

Like I said the material shown will prob be months after actual recording after the league and team approves of the content.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In So Cal, we have this new Lakers backstage deal where they follow the team around everywhere and it's like a reality show. I'm telling you, the fricken camera is a distraction for the coach and players. I can't imagine doing this in the locker room of an NFL team during crucial times. Not a good idea. Maybe if the Rams are up 50 to 0 at halftime, then go ahead.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Selassie I said:
Now if they want to pack asses in the stands... share footage of the cheerleaders dressing out and getting out of the showers etc...

See now THERE's thinking inside the box. :sly:

I know I'd show up to more games. Oh... there's a football game going on?

bluecoconuts

Legend
RamFan503 said:
Selassie I said:

See now THERE's thinking inside the box. :sly:

I know I'd show up to more games. Oh... there's a football game going on?

I'd fork out money for a box. Little privacy is good to have.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Seems funny to me. I can remember many times when my hammy, or groin acted up and I'd have to drop trou and get it taped/wrapped. Crap like that is going to happen, but I also remember just doing it on the sidelines in front of everybody, because I just wanted to go back in and play.

Seems like there may be better ways to get fans into the game. I think the locker room should be their sanctuary.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
DR RAM said:
Seems funny to me. I can remember many times when my hammy, or groin acted up and I'd have to drop trou and get it taped/wrapped. Crap like that is going to happen, but I also remember just doing it on the sidelines in front of everybody, because I just wanted to go back in and play.

Seems like there may be better ways to get fans into the game. I think the locker room should be their sanctuary.

Gotta do something to replace the stuff they keep legislating out of the game.

Don't know how long it'll take but they'll kill the goose in time.