Thoughts on this article about Goff?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ausmurp

Starter
http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-draft-goff-20160424-story.html

It turns me off personally. Based on what I've read about Wentz, he is NOT sitting around watching TV and eating PIZZA. I feel like a laid back personality, which this article seems to think is a good thing, is not a good thing in a QB. While Goff is doing this, Wentz is probably (exaggerating but not really) watching NFL film and preparing to be a winner in this league. This is just another reason I prefer Wentz to Goff. But who knows maybe Wentz is watching TV and eating PIZZA too, trying to lose his 8 pack maybe...just a thought.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Goff isn't sitting around eating pizza either. You can't put much into an article like this. Goff has been working his arse off. One of the main things he's been doing is taking snaps from under center and practicing 5 and 7 step drops because he knows he's gong to have to do that in the NFL.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

It turns me off personally. Based on what I've read about Wentz, he is NOT sitting around watching TV and eating PIZZA. I feel like a laid back personality, which this article seems to think is a good thing, is not a good thing in a QB. While Goff is doing this, Wentz is probably (exaggerating but not really) watching NFL film and preparing to be a winner in this league. This is just another reason I prefer Wentz to Goff. But who knows maybe Wentz is watching TV and eating PIZZA too, trying to lose his 8 pack maybe...just a thought.

Although I cringe to say this, Joe Montana of the be-hated 49ers was one of the most laid-back guys ever to play the game, QB or otherwise.

He won 4 Super Bowls, and was a first ballot HOF'er.

The fact that Goff is laid back is not a bad thing in a QB, and can actually be a good thing because he can set an example of keeping one's cool under duress.

This doesn't look bad to me at all, and if anything, I think it's an asset.

And I say this as someone who has ever so slightly a preference for Wentz. We don't have to knock one guy down to build our case for the other. They are both great prospects.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Nothing in this article suggests he's lazy or anything. A college kid eating pizza and watching TV. Crazy stuff.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

So you prefer Wentz because of things you made up in your head?

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack

Are you fuckin kidding me? You're holding a pizza and tv against a guy? Implying he's lazy. Really? If you did read the article, it said he ordered the pizza as pre-workout meal. Do you know what that means? Athletes consume food and have lives too. To expect them to just workout 24 hours a day and shut off until the next day is rediculous. He ate a pizza, big deal. He also worked out that day too. He's still lazy? I know everyone is picking apart each player because they like the other, but smarten the fuck up man this is a reach. All pizza eaters are failures I guess.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So you prefer Wentz because of things you made up in your head?
No les Goff obviously hasnt left his couch all offseason and consumes nothing but pizza..dont you see the problem?

Carson on the other hand hasnt had a carb since 4th grade...and even that was accidental. he also doesnt even have basic cable....he has a tv in every room of his house that just plays nfl defensive concepts on loop

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Lol
Don't know what's funnier, the post or that somebody liked it. Clearly the Anti Goff train is desperate.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't care who we take think they will both have great craeers (personally I lean toward wentz) but the fact that goff can chill and eats pizza kinda makes me like him more

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
rest and food....lots and lots of food.

pizzapizza_logo.gif

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are two of the hardest working QBs ever and you still see pictures of them at the beach, or doing commercials, or whatever. Just because he's going to be an NFL QB doesn't mean he can't enjoy himself a little and take a break like every other QB out there. You don't have to watch film and work out every second you're not sleeping. That's just ridiculous.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Joe Montana of the be-hated 49ers was one of the most laid-back guys ever to play the game
I tend to think this is one of the fattest media lies among their many pro-49er fibs. A laid back guy wouldn't cross a picket line as a scab, or sue for worker's comp so the state of California paid his medical bills while he pocketed his millions, or hawk his wife's ridiculous thigh master every other sentence... I think the laid back myth was invented to hide the fact that Montana is simply a dumb human being. If you are old enough to remember his attempt to be a broadcaster, it says it all. Clearly the lights are on but nobody is home in his brain. My guess is the P.R. folks concocted the whole laid-back Joe Cool myth to cover up his stupidity.

Psycho_X

Legend
So him eating dinner and watching a game is lazy and makes him a bad prospect? Is he supposed to have one of those hydration backpacks and intravenous nourishment so he can spend 24 hours in a film room?