Thoughts on New Orleans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Saints are giving up 4.7 yards a rush.

Gurley time..

This, their upswing defense relies on a solid back seven in pass defense with a good pass rush. Their best pass rusher just got lost for the season so it might be easier but McVay needs to ride Gurley for this game. It'll keep the best part of the Saints defense from doing what they do best and it'll keep Drew Brees and that crazy rushing attack off the field longer. Gap control will be a premium need on defense. Quinn can't get blasted out of contain this game.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't consider putting up 30+ points on the Texans really stalling. Would you consider the Eagles offense poor last night even tho they scored 37? It was pretty much the exact same game. Only scored 7 in the first half and then lit it up the second. There's 60 minutes of football, not 30.

Yesterday yes we stalled, but we didn't look terrible, we literally fumbled away that game just like the Seattle game. Would we still have won if Kupp doesn't fumble? Who knows, who cares. We lost, and we couldn't keep up in the 2nd half and the Viks are just the better team atm. Not to say we can't beat them but they seemed more sure themselves than we did. And that goes a long way.

The Saints are just as good as the Viks and I actually think they would beat the Viks mostly because of Brees, he has a solid running attack now so it's a double edged sword. I don't know if we would play better against the Saints, maybe we're a better matchup, i dunno. Time will tell.
The Rams scored the majority of their 33 in the span of about 8 minutes so by stalling I mean the entire first half. And the talk of the cowboys eagles game was how the eagles offense started ice cold and Dallas couldn't take advantage. Also, I like the saints more but not defensively. That Vikings front seven is among the best.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
The Rams scored the majority of their 33 in the span of about 8 minutes so by stalling I mean the entire first half. And the talk of the cowboys eagles game was how the eagles offense started ice cold and Dallas couldn't take advantage. Also, I like the saints more but not defensively. That Vikings front seven is among the best.

Yeah but that's what I'm referring to tho. I don't think they stalled against the Texans, the texans just did a solid job in the first half against us.

As far as the saints vs the viks. I think that matchup would come down to the QB's.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah but that's what I'm referring to tho. I don't think they stalled against the Texans, the texans just did a solid job in the first half against us.

As far as the saints vs the viks. I think that matchup would come down to the QB's.
Yeah. Hopefully this past game really put some hair in our chests

Rainram

Starter
Even against the Vikings, with some lackluster performances across the board, we were capable of, and on the verge of, putting up at least 17-21 points.

I trust McVay enough that our offense will be productive enough to score over 24 against the Saints.

But right now, I don’t know if we’ll be able to stop the Saints on any possession. They’re run game worries the hell out of me. Our Secondary scares me. Wouldn’t be surprised if they put up 35+...hope I’m wrong.

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
I seriously DONT think our defense will be able to slow down the Saints offense. If we cant stop the Vikings, how do we expect to stop The Saints? Unless we're super fortunate, this will be a loss for us. Our offense and defense looks like last year's Rams. We won't be able to beat the Saints nor Eagles but the rest we should be okay

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I seriously DONT think our defense will be able to slow down the Saints offense. If we cant stop the Vikings, how do we expect to stop The Saints? Unless we're super fortunate, this will be a loss for us. Our offense and defense looks like last year's Rams. We won't be able to beat the Saints nor Eagles but the rest we should be okay
Hopefully we have Webster and Hill back, huge upgrades over Hatfield.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Saints defense is very good, but yeah they're not in the class of Minnesota or even Seattle pre-injuries to their secondary. But that offense holy crap.

Another huge test for our young team basically. And a run game that as of last week was averaging 180+ ypg with a top QB behind center as well.

Saints are legit man. This is a huge game and I hope we measure up.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think the Saints defense is that good. Redskins put up 31 yesterday. Most of the teams the Saints have been slowing down have average/below average offenses. I don't see the offense being an issue.

Defensively....if you set aside last year, we've kind of owned Brees. Especially considering how much better the Saints were than the Rams for that bad 10 year stretch. Obviously the big concern is that running game after yesterday - but I've always believed teams come off of wins and losses differently. 1-1 was my goal for these two tough games back to back, and the defense having been gashed by Minnesota sets them up for some revenge - plus we have quite a few guys that were on the D last year who remember what the Saints did to us.

This is a game we should win IMO.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Saints defense looks good
Let's see...
21st against the rush (115 yards per game)
9th against the pass (211 yards per game)
That's 326 yards per game...
19.6 points per game (Rams are 18.6 after yesterday)

So, I'm not that concerned about their defense as much as I am about...

Brees and that offense...
1st in total yards (416 per game)
2nd in passing yards (272 per game)
3rd in rushing yards (144 per game)
Rams are averaging 30.3 points per game... NO is averaging 30.2

If the defense allows Brees time back there and he goes off (which would be likely if he has time), it could get
F-U-G-L-Y.

They'd set up the run with the pass and the Rams will go down badly.

Hopefully, the Rams can apply consistent, effective pressure - while containing the run. Tall order, if you ask me.

In the immortal words of Indiana Jones... "I've got a bad feeling about this!"

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Key to winning this game is to have NRC and Webster BOTH healthy. If we have Hatfield and Countess playing one on one again, Brees may bury us so deep we won't be able to catch up.

If Hatfield and Countess are singled up man on the outside all game against Brees, he'll bury us so freakin' deep they'll count the loss twice...

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
My concerns moving forward this season is our DT and both OLBs. I think teams have enough game film on us to scheme us to get their mis matches. Run power north vs our DT and its a lock for 4ypc. OLBs don't get regular pressure on the QB and they both don't set the edge well enough. And this is the 3rd week were JJ43 takes bad angles running downhill and misses easy tackles IMHO.
So I think we need to pump the brakes on making a deep run in Jan.
Furthermore our OL still doesn't open enough holes for TG3. Pass pro is outstanding but come poor weather and you want to be able to have consistent run blocking and I just don't see it so far

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Brees will get his 300 plus yards. Goatta work some ball control and keep Brees off the field as much as possible. Key to winning NO will be ball control.

socalrams90

Starter
I don't think the Saints defense is that good. Redskins put up 31 yesterday. Most of the teams the Saints have been slowing down have average/below average offenses. I don't see the offense being an issue.

Defensively....if you set aside last year, we've kind of owned Brees. Especially considering how much better the Saints were than the Rams for that bad 10 year stretch. Obviously the big concern is that running game after yesterday - but I've always believed teams come off of wins and losses differently. 1-1 was my goal for these two tough games back to back, and the defense having been gashed by Minnesota sets them up for some revenge - plus we have quite a few guys that were on the D last year who remember what the Saints did to us.

This is a game we should win IMO.

and they also put up 30+ against Minnesota before us. Doesn't mean anything.