Thoughts on M.Lattimore?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm new to the board so I'm not sure if its been discussed but I wanted to see where everyone stand in this guy? Personally I thought all year he was the only RB that should be taken in the 1st round. Now with the knee he will obviously fall. I would be all for the rams trying to grab him in 4 or 5 and rolling the dice on his health. Assuming he is still there, I really think he may go in 2 or 3 to someone who really believes.

iced

El Juggernauto said:
I'm new to the board so I'm not sure if its been discussed but I wanted to see where everyone stand in this guy? Personally I thought all year he was the only RB that should be taken in the 1st round. Now with the knee he will obviously fall. I would be all for the rams trying to grab him in 4 or 5 and rolling the dice on his health. Assuming he is still there, I really think he may go in 2 or 3 to someone who really believes.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jets get him in the 3rd

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
From 5th round to the finish I would definitely take a shot at him. Would be perhaps OK with the 4th but certainly not a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
biggame1190 said:
From 5th round to the finish I would definitely take a shot at him. Would be perhaps OK with the 4th but certainly not a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.

Def not in the 1st 3 rounds. But at 4, I would snatch him up. He has a Legos chance if healthy to be a great back

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Yeah, after seeing the Outside The Lines with the kid and reading a bit about him, I'm really liking the prospects of taking a chance on the guy. I'd definitely take him in the 4th and stash him on the IR, maybe even PUP if it looks like he can come back for the latter half of the season. Dude has the heart for football, on top of his considerable skill, which is always a bonus.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Like him, great kid, good RB, wouldn't take a chance before the 4th round. Feel much more comfortable in the 5th for a player that will probably sit out this year. He needs to get stronger in every way, so I hope that he's doing serious lifting in conjunction to his rehab.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
4th rd or later def great kid high hopes but the durability anf longevity questions keeps me away from anything higher

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
49'ers are going to tale him with one of the endless numbers of picks they have. They will just PUP him next season then after that he will take over for Gore. They have been all over this guy.

He still is the best back in the draft and if you want him gonna have to jump on him early.

Where Lattimore gets drafted will be one of the more intriguing storylines of the draft.

I like the kid a lot, and I have read that some scouts who saw his recent workout believe he looked better than any of the other RB prospects this year. Without the injury, the guy is a first-round pick, probably top-15.

With the injury, he obviously slides down the board. While I understand most people here saying wait until round 4 or 5, I have a hard time believing he will slide that far.

Somebody will take a chance on the guy, because the combination of talent, work ethic and character is too good to pass up. I think the 49ers, who have so many picks in the draft this year, would be willing to take a gamble in the 3rd. They had Frank Gore go through a similar injury.

If we trade one of our first-round picks and acquire more picks, I hope we take a gamble in the 3rd and snatch him away from SF.

Play Pead, Richardson and Ganaway this year and get Marcus in there next year when he's ready to go.

Sometimes you have to swing for the fences in the draft. I like this kid a lot.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Three second year guys Pead,DR,Gannaway, we need a vet, not someone who won't play, a vet to help the young guys and replace some of SJ's experience.
So no can't have em all.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
And say our rb corps steps up big time now we paid latt and have no need for him

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Rabid Ram said:
And say our rb corps steps up big time now we paid latt and have no need for him

But paying him 4th or 5th round money, I'll take that chance

jap

Legend
Yamahopper said:
49'ers are going to tale him with one of the endless numbers of picks they have. They will just PUP him next season then after that he will take over for Gore. They have been all over this guy.

He still is the best back in the draft and if you want him gonna have to jump on him early.

The '9ers have so many picks, if the Rams want him, they probably need to get him in Round Three - before the compensation picks begin.

The '9ers own Frank Gore began his career coming back from devastating knee injuries so they are used to working with such a back. There may be other teams with a more than casual interest also.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Me thinks Lattimore will go sometime in the 2nd.

If he drops to the 3rd and we pick up a pick or two trading down then the Rams should roll the dice.

Alot of upside

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I've been trying to think of an athlete that has had such a horrible injury and come back from it....I can't. I would love for him to be that guy. He seems like a good kid.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
El Juggernauto said:
I've been trying to think of an athlete that has had such a horrible injury and come back from it....I can't. I would love for him to be that guy. He seems like a good kid.
There's a few, Willis McGahee, Frank Gore, to name a couple.

nighttrain

Legend
CaptainKurt said:
Where Lattimore gets drafted will be one of the more intriguing storylines of the draft.

I like the kid a lot, and I have read that some scouts who saw his recent workout believe he looked better than any of the other RB prospects this year. Without the injury, the guy is a first-round pick, probably top-15.

With the injury, he obviously slides down the board. While I understand most people here saying wait until round 4 or 5, I have a hard time believing he will slide that far.

Somebody will take a chance on the guy, because the combination of talent, work ethic and character is too good to pass up. I think the 49ers, who have so many picks in the draft this year, would be willing to take a gamble in the 3rd. They had Frank Gore go through a similar injury.

If we trade one of our first-round picks and acquire more picks, I hope we take a gamble in the 3rd and snatch him away from SF.

Play Pead, Richardson and Ganaway this year and get Marcus in there next year when he's ready to go.

Sometimes you have to swing for the fences in the draft. I like this kid a lot.
Snead has said he' open to trading down with one of our 1st, could be this is why? could be
train